• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disturbance in the Force

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, gonna get a buncha people goin' , tho. ;)

A pleasure, @TKOSpikes. :suds:

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Crap, that was quick! Did I just screw up?

Oh, the humanity!!!

oh-the-humanity-o.gif

love Bruuuuuuuce!

just not the same w/o a Reds jersey

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again 6 guys on a bye is no accident cmon

I guess I will have to defend my roster now :L. You do realize I lost my 3rd and 4th round draft selections to season ending injuries (K Allen and E Decker). So accusing me of some type of plan is more than insulting. Was it my plan for someone to cut T Eifert? Was it my plan to have a D Hopkins for C Michael offer made to me? You have to be joking. :gaah:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, gonna get a buncha people goin' , tho. ;)

A pleasure, @TKOSpikes. :suds:

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

By the time we're done, we'll have more trades between football and baseball than Rivers to Gates TDs, than Peyton to Marvin, than Joe/Steve to Jerry... and best of all Jim to Andre!!! (12+83=6!)

Pleasure, partner!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's an easy fix.

I.R. spots

...and since it was done by a member on the oblivian plank, a member who has already stated he doesn't care, and a member who doesn't see his actions as inappropriate and refuses to discuss it...

Well, I know where my vote is going... although it's nothing personal, as I consider him a valuable owner in Baseball... and would hope that can be what it is... a different sport.
I would consider an I.R. spot.
Look, the way I play the game is I always have a starting line up whether I have to stream or what. That said, if it was done within the rules, while I may disagree with the move, it wasn't illegal. So IMO, we need to put the rule in place and call it good. We just need to move on from this, make our votes and end this shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back on track, I think we need to discuss what we are going to doin the future and stop attacking someone for something that is over and done with. Amongst all the MBBRL leagues we had two issues this year, and IMO the lesser of the two is getting by far the most attention.

Yeah I feel like this shady issue is pretty minor. Make the change for next year so this can be avoided. End of story. Don't slam the guy for it. I don't even remember anyone on the B league thread making a stink out of it. And at the end of the day, what did this change? He wasn't at the bottom of the league and neither were Harold. Both were playoffs teams. The playoffs would have been the same 4.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I feel like this shady issue is pretty minor. Make the change for next year so this can be avoided. End of story. Don't slam the guy for it. I don't even remember anyone on the B league thread making a stink out of it. And at the end of the day, what did this change? He wasn't at the bottom of the league and neither were Harold. Both were playoffs teams. The playoffs would have been the same 4.

Nothing changed BK. If anyone should have been or had the right to be pissed it would have been Harold. Which he was not and is not. So being totally honest I think this is more personal than anything.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts, if I might. It's important to make sure rules are known (and those who are part of the league should take an interest in the rules). Sometimes behavior will come up that some find unsettling; the remedy is usually a rule starting the next season - or at least a debate about it. As long as people play and are posting it's possible to get past this kind of thing. It doesn't need to be personal. (It's happened before, uneven draft pick trades back on CBS I think, and a clear rule was added for the following year and the league and all the owners got past it.)

Shady was pretty good in all aspects when he came in, as I recall, and made the B league a lot better. If a rule is laid down I expect he'll abide by it like everyone else.

And a bit of history. People talk about Foot being a spur to creating the league with his outrageous challenges, but people may not realize that @TREFF was the real key. He was giving a lot of FF advice over at CBS, and that's the kind of thoughtfulness about FF I wanted in the league. Without his involvement I'm not sure I would even have bothered. His name was the first called out in the very first MBBRL thread, IIRC.

Now, Treff can unload on people sometimes, and things can seem pretty hot, but if you get past that blast you'll find in the long run he's a guy of perspective and integrity.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts, if I might. It's important to make sure rules are known (and those who are part of the league should take an interest in the rules). Sometimes behavior will come up that some find unsettling; the remedy is usually a rule starting the next season - or at least a debate about it. As long as people play and are posting it's possible to get past this kind of thing. It doesn't need to be personal. (It's happened before, uneven draft pick trades back on CBS I think, and a clear rule was added for the following year and the league and all the owners got past it.)

Shady was pretty good in all aspects when he came in, as I recall, and made the B league a lot better. If a rule is laid down I expect he'll abide by it like everyone else.

And a bit of history. People talk about Foot being a spur to creating the league with his outrageous challenges, but people may not realize that @TREFF was the real key. He was giving a lot of FF advice over at CBS, and that's the kind of thoughtfulness about FF I wanted in the league. Without his involvement I'm not sure I would even have bothered. His name was the first called out in the very first MBBRL thread, IIRC.

Now, Treff can unload on people sometimes, and things can seem pretty hot, but if you get past that blast you'll find in the long run he's a guy of perspective and integrity.

:yo:

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SoShady I think I caught enough of the topic... you didn't play a defense cause you didn't want to drop to make room? Don't sweat the small stuff. I had an issue season 2 with a in the bragging rights league about trading draft picks with @The Foot nothing was in the rules that stated we couldn't do it....we did it... then for a year had to listen to some member can't remember who he was or even if he is even around complain about it... if it isn't in the rules it's playing within the rules....

-DUB-

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why Wil is the best.

Not sure if you heard, but we have an opening for commissioner!:suds: