• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did anyone else get pissed at play calling ?

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is something Octagondd you might like.
All the Cards drives BEFORE the Hawks went into a "soft zone" average yards gained.
14.9 average yards PER drive

After the soft zone
57.5 average yards PER drive

I hate prevent.

149 yards total for the Cards through 3 and 1/3rd quarters
115 yards for 2/3rds of the 4th quarter. Almost DOUBLED their output.

Yeah, prevent doesn't seem to prevent much of anything, look at how our season ended last year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, prevent doesn't seem to prevent much of anything, look at how our season ended last year.

#@$^@#^ Just had a bad memory flashback... Bradley and his zone bubble ... I wanted to twist his neck

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league probably likes the prevent defense because it has the potential to turn blowouts into closer games and the more close games the league has, the more they can promote it as a competitive league. A competitive league gets them more revenue because TV networks will pay more to have the rights and advertisers will pay more to advertise on those networks. Long story short... as nice as it would be to see the prevent get outlawed, it's here to stay.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a run/run/run/punt situation and for whatever reason they wanted to throw. Definitely stupid. Low risk though because the game was pretty much over. Besides that I thought it was great. Got yards off of screens, play action out of power formations, hitting Miller over the middle, ...

I'm as guilty (probably more) as anyone else when it comes to bashing Bevell but he's the guy who's working with the staff and knows where everyone is physically going into these games and what plays the team is capable of doing going into a game. If Miller can stay healthy and Harvin becomes a factor then the offense is going to open up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that this team has been really good at for at least the last year and a half is making adjustments, and with a young team especially, that responsibility falls on the coaching staff. The Houston game is a good example of in-game adjustments and last year's shift from our stuck-in-mud offense to our video game numbers offense is a good example of in-season adjustments.

Bevell was calling the plays when we were struggling to put up points on offense last year and he was still calling the plays when we started putting up 35+ a game regularly. He made the necessary adjustments to get this offense rolling last year and it worked. This year's offense hasn't been stuck in mud so much as it's been forced to compensate for a lot of missing pieces. How many people went on their former respective message boards roughly this time last year thinking that the stuck-in-mud offense was here to stay all year? It certainly didn't look like such a big adjustment was coming anytime soon, but then the Bears game happened and the offense never looked back. This year we ought to know better, especially with our missing pieces coming back into the fold over the next few weeks. We are 6-1 with reinforcements on the way and adjustments to the play-calling practically a given once they're here. I'm excited.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I'm glad to see going away is the stupid read option. It caught people off guard last year but everyone's adjusted to it. We have one of the most physical RB's in the league and we're giving it to him flat footed out of the gun? Putting Wilson under center out of the I seems to be must more effective on runs and play action. Gore went ballistic in SF over the pistol because it just isn't a formation he can be effective out of. I'm surprised Lynch hasn't done the same thing here. But he seems like a guy who likes to keep his mouth shut.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears fans are not the only ones pissed about the play calling. I just re watched the game and after Lynch goes Beast Mode to the 5, then gets his TD taken away, we line up from the 6 inch line and as the camera pans down from the crowd, you can see Lynch giving the bird to what appears to be our own sideline before the TD pass to Davis.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell had not had issues holding onto the ball when getting hit. This is something new in the past few weeks. He will fix it and those sack fumbles will just turn into sacks. YOU CAN NOT blame a OC for a defense stripping the ball. That is just a cop-out. Also the Hawks ran the Ball well and should have ran Lynch another 4 to 5 times but lets look at something. In the 4th quarter AZ had the ball for like 10 minutes. The Soft zone allowed them to hold onto the ball and drive repeatedly down the field for scores.

:lol:
I don't condone prevent D preventing you to win, but get real, we were up 3 TD's to the Arizona Cardinals led by Carson Palmer with 8 minutes left. This is not the Broncos, Saints, Packers or Patriots.
It was already game, set, match and you were concerned? Besides, it was NOT scores, it was 1 TD, unless you consider 1 TD scores.

What you should be concerned with is Bevell getting our QB being sent to the hospital. We kept Zona in the game because Bevell forgot that we have Mr. Magoo playing RT and Scooby Doo currently playing LT. This isn't 20/20 because I've harped on the quick hitting passing game, especially when you're backed up deep in our territory. Up 14-3, RWill gets smoked from the backside on a long developing play. You can't fix RWill from fumbling on that. There isn't a QB in the league that can be jacked up and hold onto the ball.

Game is now 14-10, unnecessarily. Screens, Quick hitter to Zach or Tate who has a knack for making a DB miss.

We're up 17-10 in the 3rd qtr and what does our clown OC do? He does the IDENTICAL play call and what happens? Mr. Magoo allows Abraham to blast the edge and blast the ball which scared me because RWill was just starting to come forward. Can you say shoulder separation. If Bowie doesn't fall on the ball, luckily, it's not 17-17 for absolutely NO reason.

Now Abraham does the IDENTICAL sack/fumble at our own 15 late in the 3rd qtr. Are you kidding me? We're blessed that we stopped Zona at our 4 yd line or it's a 2 td game headed to the 4th. Thank GOD Browner had that pick, almost 6 or it's a tight game.

Are you not seeing a trend here? Their points are coming from bone head developing plays deep in our territory that led to all their points through 3 qtrs and not a soft zone.

Now if you get out of the Soft zone and play man to man they maybe have the ball 4 minutes of the 4th with Seattle controlling the rest of the time also getting most likely 5-8 more running plays. No this is not Bevels fault this is once again a team that doesn't understand HOW TO PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE THROAT of a team late in games. That all falls on Carrol. He is to nice some times and sooner or later it will bite us in the ass. This is football you can not pansy ass your way around. Go out there and punch them in the mouth till the play clock hits 00:00. When they pull that BS soft zone it screams "i do not trust my defense to stop them" so we will make them use up as much clock as we can BEFORE they score -.-

We had a 3 TD lead over Zona with 8 minutes left in the game. While I don't condone it, c'mon, it's Zona for the 2nd time. I was glad we allowed them to own the last 6-8 minutes so our franchise QB didn't get smashed. We WOULD have been up close to 34 to Zip if not for those deep in territories calls. 34-0.

You're overreacting about a moot area up by 3 TD's that should've been 5 ! "If" RWill had gotten blasted to the sidelines, your tune would change, I can see it now. You'd be saying "why did we run long developing pass plays at our 15 and 25 with Magoo and Scooby Doo protecting his blind side" :nod:

You know what the TOP was for the game? or the total plays ran? here i will tell you. TOP Az 32:20 Sea 27:40 Total Plays Az 70 Sea 64. Do you not see the problem there?

:laugh3: A problem being up 3 TD's in the 3rd qtr which should've been 5 Td's? Why don't you check the scoreboard and not the T.O.P? The play calling in certain situations with a beat up OL, against a certain opponent with specific strengths. That is what you should be concerned about and getting our QB sent to E.R.

I still am waiting to see a complete game from this team. This was the closest we have had so far but the Turn overs ruined it. Sure as long as we only have 2 starting olineman playing their normal position ( Sweezy and Unger ) it's going to be rough but lets be real here. The Defense is the Heart of this team and you can not put it on life support once you have a 14 point lead. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

:lol:

Life Support? Hyberbole much? We had an 18 pt lead or 3 scores mid-way through the 4th qtr and it's life support? I believe in Attack, Attack and Attack. How about when we're up 14-0 at Zona's 40 yd line and our genius OC decides to run the most idiotic play in his repertoire that should be eliminated. The 'ol Empty Backfield and QB sneak. Has his empty backfield worked once? I see a sack and RWill smash each time. Boy, that's a real attack mode when you have a top 3 RB in the NFL. Bevell loves that run up the middle for no yards play on crucial 4th downs. Did you forget the Atlanta game? Easy TD by RWill or Beast headed off LT but lets pound MRob for no gain at the Falcon 10 and no pts in the 1st half.

You're missing the weak link of this staff. It's not Quinn and a prevent against one of the more mistake prone NFL QB's. How many double digit interception games does Palmer currently have? Too many. I'm shocked you're concerned about Quinn. We all are entitled to our opinion and view the game differently. I don't want to see you whine about our playcalling and RWill getting exposed and smashed deep in our own territory against a N.O. on MNF.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears fans are not the only ones pissed about the play calling. I just re watched the game and after Lynch goes Beast Mode to the 5, then gets his TD taken away, we line up from the 6 inch line and as the camera pans down from the crowd, you can see Lynch giving the bird to what appears to be our own sideline before the TD pass to Davis.

I was wondering when this was going to happen. We're throwing a lot more, making some stupid calls on 3rd and short, and running plays that really aren't meant for a back like him. He seemed a lot better when we were going out of an I formation and he could get some momentum to hit the LOS vs. getting it flat footed with a stupid read option run. Gore blew up at Harbaugh because he had it with the pistol. Since then his numbers have improved. Kap looks a little out of sorts but it's hard to argue with the results since they went away from it. That does say a bit about him though. Just a heat of the moment thing I guess. He must have been seathing with the play call, as well as that stupid 3rd and 1 calls where we went out of the gun and also that horrible qb sneak we tried as well.