• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did A-Rod get snubbed?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then you can field an outfield with Kiermaier, Pillar and Betts and I'll take Trout, Harper and McCutchen to see which team is better.

If everything is equal, sure take the better defender, but A-Rod and Moustakas' numbers aren't really that close.
But you're also comparing a DH to a 3B (which is a pretty demanding position defensively).

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as there's fan voting and the mandatory "rep for every 30 teams" rule, the ASG just can't be taken 100% seriously. At least in regards to fielding the best possible teams. That being said, it has gotten better in recent years.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, defensive metrics are the main reason 'K-money' has such a high fWar. You think I didn't know he had a less than impressive OBP prior to mentioning him; or better yet that I didn't care all that much.

The fact you put Aaron Hicks and Kiermeir in the same sentence defensively pretty much immediately tells me you took absolutely no effort to look up said numbers. Which is fine up to a point, but when you accuse people of what you did, then well, that's not too smart. Can write that down for the Infante comparison as well. I should know, I make fun of him being in the "500 club" almost daily...

By minimal utility for RBI, I mean so irrelevant that I only acknowledge RBI because it documents an event. Kind of like a putout. I am not going to even begin to explain how said clutch isn't even a repeatable skill of its own, mainly because I said I'll politely agree to disagree. I am not going to argue this simply because it would be two ships passing each other.

Polls are inevitably comparisons. In fact, that's the whole point of polls last I checked- of opinions that is.

Considering you cannot handle me telling there are several just as good, if not better players, than Dozier not making the ASG just tells me that it is quite rigid.

Kipnis has a wRC+ of 159- Dozier is at 134. Kipnis even rates as a better defender and baserunner. Kipnis is a legit MVP candidate for a reason.

Somehow, I am the one acting like Doug...

Aaron Hicks is the exact type of player Kiermaier is. All I was saying. Of course you is that up as well.

You are actually trying to argue this though and it's turning into literally one of the most outrageous things I've seen.

You and Nava can discredit RBI all you want. But they win games, plain and simple. That is a fact. If guys didn't bat in runs they wouldn't win. Ever. 42-16 is just murder. And it's not really cuz Dozier is all world....it's because Kiermaier outside of getting some triples might be one of the least threatening hitters I've seen in a while.

Idk why you are telling me what polls are? I should be telling you. Seeing as you thought it was a who is better between Dozier and Kipnis LMAO!!!!

And again you are the rigid one if you are using only defense and discrediting production to try and argue Kiermaier and Dozier . There probably isn't one GM or manager that would take Kevin Kiermaier over Dozier.

Which is amazing considering how dumb the Twins and Royals GM and M are respectively.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betts' OPS being more than 70 points higher tells me they're not near equal. For what it's worth this early on in the season, Betts has a significantly higher WAR also.

They might have a similar amount of RBIs, but Betts hits much better with runners on and RISP...Betts has a batting average 52 points higher w/RISP and an OPS over 100 points higher. They're close in RBIs because Pillar's had a lot more RBI opportunities (Pillar's had 51 more runners on base in his plate appearances this year than Betts has).
Wasn't it just last month that Betts was hitting in the .230's?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mf
Alright then you can field an outfield with Kiermaier, Pillar and Betts and I'll take Trout, Harper and McCutchen to see which team is better.

If everything is equal, sure take the better defender, but A-Rod and Moustakas' numbers aren't really that close.
Except nobody implied defense is equal to offense.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly until the All Star talk came about I didn't realize how decent his numbers were. Personally I hope he doesn't get in no matter what because I don't like that guy. But let's be honest the voting for the AS is ridiculously stupid and just a popularity contest... and we know he isn't as popular as he once was (though he is still up there)

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it just last month that Betts was hitting in the .230's?

So did Pillar, and when they were both in the .230s, Betts still had a much better OPS.

So I'm still not sure how Pillar's been just as good.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Pillar, and when they were both in the .230s, Betts still had a much better OPS.

So I'm still not sure how Pillar's been just as good.
I'd probably say they are close enough to merit comparison and future notice. We'll see where that takes us. I for one enjoy both.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably say they are close enough to merit comparison and future notice. We'll see where that takes us. I for one enjoy both.
I would most certainly take either over Ackley or Austin Jackson

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time ever in MLB history, there is no starter on ASG roster from the Red Sox and Yankees.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he didn't get snubbed.

He has no business on an AS team or the HOF.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't get snubbed and if I'm A-Roid I don't want to go to the game anyway. He'll get booed off the field. Plus the Yanks have had enough undeserving all stars throughout the years.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.284/.390/.513/.902; 149 OPS+

Any at rate its a joke Moustakas is part of the final vote ahead of him.

Maybe this has been covered already, but they're playing in an NL park without DH, and the AL squad is already bringing a DH, Fielder, who is having a better season than Rodriguez.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dozier got screwed, Twins are playing 10 times better than predicted because of him. Might get some MVP votes for his efforts.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a few snubs. A Rpd and Dozier are indeed the most notable.