• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Diaz vs McGregor

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets not kid ourselves.....Gustaffson beat Jones.....he got robbed in that fight.

No, no he didn't. Jones pretty clearly won 3 rounds and you could argue 4. What happened was Gustaffson was the first fighter to really make a Jones fight look like a fight and people were so shocked that they lost their shit and didn't know what to do. Just because he was the closest to beating Jones doesn't mean he was actually close. Jones was just that far ahead of everyone else he ever faced

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case I am going to put big money on Tate.

I wouldn't suggest it.
Tate has nothing in her game that can help her beat Ronda. She almost has to keep it standing and hope she can either win on points or KO Ronda. Tate's stand up though is not as good as Holm's when it comes to keeping distance. She's also not as big or strong to avoid the Judo throws when they do clinch. The point is Tate can't really avoid going to the ground with Ronda like Holm could and Ronda is going to win there.

Holly had the advantage over Ronda because she could keep her distance with her range, kicks, and footwork. Ronda is not a Wrestler and only goes for Judo takedowns which require her to close the distance and clinch. Holly just punished her everytime for coming forward and was big enough to fend off the 1 time Ronda was able to grab her. You knew Tate was going to beat her the moment the fight was made though because Tate can wrestle and would go low on her. Once pulled to the ground you could tell where the biggest difference between the two of them was as Tate controlled and pummeled Holm.

It's a weird little Triangle they have right now in the women's division as Ronda will still struggle in a match with Holm unless she has been training in Wrestling takedowns. If she's just training to improve her standup she'll still lose. She'll beat Tate all day any day though. Styles make matches and these women are either a superior match up or at a big disadvantage depending on who they're fighting.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She isn't training in anything except making movies... Lets be honest.. her coach is an idiot too.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like being vegan = better fighter

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz and McGregor are being scheduled to fight in July at UFC 200. As a fan I am looking forward to it. McGregor & his camp are acting like Diaz wont fight a better fight also in the rematch. Diaz with a full training camp will be even tougher for McGregor to deal with. McGregor will probably try more leg kicks and to conserve his "energy" but if the fight goes to the ground again & Diaz has time on the clock McGregor will be in big trouble. Plus Diaz will have plenty of time to work on evading punches better in the next fight. The fight might not go the way the UFC & McGregor are hoping it will.

If I were in the FW division I'd consider starting a Union for the fighters. The UFC has allowed McGregor to not only put on hold their dreams of being a Champion but there livelihoods. Both Edgar and Aldo deserve better. McGregor is causing the UFC to lose credibility. Favoritism usually doesn't go well in the work place. McGregor may never cut weight to 145 lbs again yet these guys will need to sit on the sidelines or take non title fights. If McGregor isn't forced to vacate his belt then the UFC looks even more like a joke than they already do right now.

Also, the fact that the fight is at 170 lbs again only fools the casual fans. Diaz is a LW fighter not a WW. Only casual MMA fans don't know that. It was part of the excuse about why McGregor lost. I guess they are thinking it would make McGregor look even better if he wins. Go Diaz!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just dumb. There's no reason to make a rematch. Aldo and Edgar are FAR better matches right now.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what can happen when the UFC lets McGregor pick his own fights. If he loses he may regret picking a fight with Diaz instead of defending his belt though. The UFC and McGregor will run out of excuses soon.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the fact that the fight is at 170 lbs again only fools the casual fans. Diaz is a LW fighter not a WW. Only casual MMA fans don't know that. It was part of the excuse about why McGregor lost. I guess they are thinking it would make McGregor look even better if he wins. Go Diaz!
Diaz says he wants to do it at 155.

"If he wants it and UFC wants it, let's run it back. If not, whatever. I'm here to fight the best fighters in the world. If there's a second fight, I'll fight at 55. I'd like to be in shape. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear no excuses. I'll make 55. I was planning on making 55 last time. I think that title thing is a fairy tale. The best fighters in the world are getting paid the best money. The belt is a fairy tale, as far as I'm concerned. That might piss a lot of people off."

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McGregor gets his way and they will fight at 170 lbs. McGregor will try to prove he can win at WW while he also tries to erase his loss. I don't think it matters though because Diaz can beat him again at 170 lbs or at 155 lbs. Diaz would be more comfortable at 170 lbs anyway although he's more than willing to cut weight like he usually does with a full training camp. I think Diaz's camp did the right thing with Diaz not having to cut weight on 10 days notice. I'm sure that it didn't help Mendes to be focused on cutting weight rather than spending more time sparing when he fought McGregor on short notice.