• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Diaz vs McGregor

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Yes and no. It was a mental mistake for McGregor. He gave Diaz the one thing he needed and that was a chance to land a good punch. Diaz was in trouble but it was a horrible strat to keep coming in on Diaz.

McGregor just kept taking punch after punch ..was just a matter of time before one hurt him. After he got hurt twice, Mcgregor was only half there.
He was used to being able to walk through punches from the midgets he has been fighting.. Diaz isn't a midget.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones isn't as perfect as he thinks he is though. Gustafsson gave him all he could handle and Jones won a controversial decision. Jones better come ready against Cormier.....he's no slouch. I know they fought already but Jones is coming off the longest layoff he's had.....I believe. And Cormier has fought twice since Jones stepped into the Octagon.

I may order that fight.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case I am going to put big money on Tate.
I did last time lol. Miesha can't win because Caraway is a horrible corner man. She's got a ton of heart, but needs a betterstrategist for her matchup with Ronda

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones isn't as perfect as he thinks he is though. Gustafsson gave him all he could handle and Jones won a controversial decision. Jones better come ready against Cormier.....he's no slouch. I know they fought already but Jones is coming off the longest layoff he's had.....I believe. And Cormier has fought twice since Jones stepped into the Octagon.

I may order that fight.
Jones will smash him again

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did last time lol. Miesha can't win because Caraway is a horrible corner man. She's got a ton of heart, but needs a betterstrategist for her matchup with Ronda
Ronda's corner is the shittiest in the UFC. Ronda hasn't been training for months and most likely won't be focused 100% on MMA in the lead up. I don't see her out game planning Tate... Tate wins in a decision this time IMO.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to kick a hole through that fat ass cormier.

Listen, I would never spend 1 red cent against Cormier. He is a squirrely bastard.

Watch him fight, ...he is a calm in the ring as I am eating Sunday breakfast.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I would never spend 1 red cent against Cormier. He is a squirrely bastard.

Watch him fight, ...he is a calm in the ring as I am eating Sunday breakfast.
He is going to get his hole broke by Jones.. like he did the first time.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to get his hole broke by Jones.. like he did the first time.

I'll have to go watch that fight. The one I saw was 5 rounds and it went to the cards.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to go watch that fight. The one I saw was 5 rounds and it went to the cards.
Yeah.. it went to the cards.. and jones won on all of them big time.

Jones_vs._Cormier.0.0.jpg

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.. it went to the cards.. and jones won on all of them big time.

Jones_vs._Cormier.0.0.jpg

You talk about your guy kicking holes in people and than post a score card?

Dude, in the MMA world that is a little embarrassing.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk about your guy kicking holes in people and than post a score card?

Dude, in the MMA world that is a little embarrassing.
You are grasping for straws... Jones beat Cormier's ass the first time. You are acting like it was a close contest. It wasn't.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scorecards for Jones/Cormier are misleading. Two of the rounds Jones won could easily have been tossups. There were only three no doubt rounds in the fight. It's been a while since I've seen the fight, but I remember scoring it a close 48-47 fight for Jones.

McGregor should fight Edger next & Tate should fight Nunes. That leaves HH to fight Zigano & RR to fight the champ in the late fall when she returns from taking her donut break.

Reactions: DJ

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier before the fight, I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz won and I'm not now. Crazy things happen on short fight notice and that's not even mentioning McGregor going up almost 30 pounds. I still thought McGregor would win, but that had more to do with Diaz being Diaz than anything else. Make no mistake, that was more McGregor losing the fight than Nate Diaz winning. With no camp, McGregor had no plan and was just going for KOs. The one thing Diaz does have is a chin so that kept him in long enough to take advantage of McGregor's screw up. Congrats to Diaz on the win but lets not act like he's the better p4p fighter or even a great fighter at his own weight. No one would be shocked at all of Nate Diaz immediately loses his next fight. He's in the UFC for 2 reasons: 1) His fights are entertaining because he can take a punch and 2) He's not a complete and total disrespectful asswad like his brother, he's only 85% of that.

Called that Tate win when the fight was announced. You could see that coming. Prior to the Rousey fight, Holm looked green as fuck in all of her UFC fights. I still say she only beat Rousey because Rousey discounted her completely and didn't prepare for the fight all (her corner is fucking terrible). Holm has gotten better, I give her that, but Tate is far more polished at this point. She was probably a bit too passive in that fight trying to get Holm down and it was gonna cost her on the scorecards, but she got her down and that was it. I'm actually excited to see Rousey/Tate again for multiple reasons. Is Tate gonna shine now that's she broken through? Has Rousey learned anything at all about preparing for every opponent?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scorecards for Jones/Cormier are misleading. Two of the rounds Jones won could easily have been tossups. There were only three no doubt rounds in the fight. It's been a while since I've seen the fight, but I remember scoring it a close 48-47 fight for Jones.

McGregor should fight Edger next & Tate should fight Nunes. That leaves HH to fight Zigano & RR to fight the champ in the late fall when she returns from taking her donut break.

I don't remember the cards, but all I remember was Jones was toying with him. I could see a person giving a round to DC but that was because Jones essentially chose not to do anything that round. Jones broke DC's spirit in that fight. He let DC come at him with his best stuff, took it, gave it back to him even better, and toyed with him towards the end of the fight in a taunting fashion. I don't know how the next fight will go since Jones is his own worst enemy with all this out of the cage stuff, but it was never in doubt that last fight

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are grasping for straws... Jones beat Cormier's ass the first time. You are acting like it was a close contest. It wasn't.

BS. Like Mike Davis said 2 of the rounds Jones won could have gone easily either way.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets not kid ourselves.....Gustaffson beat Jones.....he got robbed in that fight.