• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Meets Jerry

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason it is a great move is Dak. Dak is young and the plan is for him to be our QB for the next 10 years or so. The team and many fans think he is the right guy for the job. Many others (Cowboy fans and others) think he is not good and simply was in the right place at the right time in 2016. We will find out this year if we have our stud QB for the next decade or if we need to look elsewhere.

This is either going to reinforce how bad Dez was last year and how he made this team worse just by being on the field and not producing and worse yet by making some huge negative plays via his drops and not being where he was supposed to AND give us $25M over the next 2 years to spend on better players. Or we find out Dak just is not anything more than a slightly below average NFL QB and that the Cowboys need to find a better QB going forward. If this turns out to be the case we still have a young enough nucleus to turn to someone else and make this team an instant contender. If Dak really is as bad as some think and we won 13 games two years ago and 9 last year with all we were up against in injuries, suspensions and disappointing seasons from key players a QB upgrade would certainly put us in the instant playoff contenders group. Personally, my money is on Dak being a good QB and a great fit for this team. I just see so much to like there and all the intangibles you want in a QB, but I like the fact that if I am wrong we will find out pretty quickly.
We damn sure will see about that!! Just created another hole to fill.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as we enter into another episode " As the Cowboys World Turns " Still staring Jurruh Jones, Stephen Jones,
Red Jesus along with a possible cameo appearance by "Herr Goodell " at any time. This months episode is about how Jurruh decides on the business decision of cutting Dez Bryant and a 3 ring Circus breaks out again.

ok for those who are sensitive this is satire

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as we enter into another episode " As the Cowboys World Turns " Still staring Jurruh Jones, Stephen Jones,
Red Jesus along with a possible cameo appearance by "Herr Goodell " at any time. This months episode is about how Jurruh decides on the business decision of cutting Dez Bryant and a 3 ring Circus breaks out again.

ok for those who are sensitive this is satire

Just hope some how we are better next year. Dont see it at this time.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so the cowboys finally made a business decision and cut Dez to move forward. Are they better without him well Yes and No. Dez skill set appears to be on the decline and his poor route running and on field "pouting" have caught up to him.
I honestly believe the Cowboys will be fine without him it's just time to move on Salary vs production on the field along with the Baggage Dez brings just don't justify the salary he was scheduled to make. I don't think that Dez is without skills but asking him to take a pay-cut by the people that know him best and how his reactions from their point of view could roll into the rest of the off season and upcoming season was not a situation that they wanted to go through.

good Luck To Dez thanks for the Memories while you were here

JMHO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We damn sure will see about that!! Just created another hole to fill.
I could be wrong but I don't see this as another huge hole to fill. I think Hurns has game and the kid we got from Buffalo is good and should get better with a larger role. Add a early draft pick (3rd round) and I actually think we're better for the type of offense we have with Dak under center

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe the Cowboys will be fine without him it's just time to move on Salary vs production on the field along with the Baggage Dez brings just don't justify the salary he was scheduled to make
this is the bottom line for me.
It's about team and with the additional cash. Things look pretty darn good moving forward.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And leave $25M in cap space over the next two years behind to use on players that can help us
Heard it was 8 million. Either way its good riddance to a headcase for the Cowboys who is past his best days.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I don't see this as another huge hole to fill. I think Hurns has game and the kid we got from Buffalo is good and should get better with a larger role. Add a early draft pick (3rd round) and I actually think we're better for the type of offense we have with Dak under center
I hope you are right. Just like everyone else, I want to win, we just have different ideas on how to do it. I would now add james Washington in the 3rd round. We need that type of change of pace back that also play reciever. Screen pass to him would really open up offense IMO

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me cutting Dez was going to hurt most in the red zone. We need players that can uncover via shifty route running or physically dominate/out-jump his man like Dez could. We need to add someone from this draft that can fill that void. Maybe Gathers can help with this as well.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What hole? I think the guy they have already added can cover up the 700 yards Dez has been posting..
We will see. Boy, you keep just looking at the yards and not the red zone threat we will miss.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kind of like RTO was about Tony Romo getting released. If we were talking about a healthy 2014 version of Romo or Dez, they would still be here. Would yall like to see if Randy White and Drew Pearson are available for 2018 as well?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. Boy, you keep just looking at the yards,
And the drops...and the bitching..and getting his ass shut down every time he faced a good corner...and quitting on routes..and making as much as Antonio Brown while putting up TWill numbers....

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if the Earl Thomas to Dallas picks up steam now that Dez has been removed

I think a LB at 19, Thomas for our #2 and a package of our third and a fourth to move up for a receiver like Miller outta Memphis sounds pretty darn good
mike fisher ✭‏Verified account @fishsports 7h7 hours ago

mike fisher ✭ Retweeted Michael Taylor

Yup.

mike fisher ✭ added,

Michael Taylor @MichaelTaylor9
@fishsports do you see Dallas going after Earl Thomas now that they have cap space ?
40 replies 173 retweets 543 likes

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl in a cowboy uni this season really makes this dbackfield complete and gives Dallas one less hole to fill draft day

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we don't look better on paper today than we were Thursday of course, but there is still time. We added some pieces via FA. Hopefully a couple of them work out. We still have the draft and that has been this teams bread and butter lately. Then we have the cap space we saved on Dez if we want to add a player...My gut tells me with health we are better than last year and I think we have a shot to get back to about 11 wins if a few things break our way.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it was 8 million. Either way its good riddance to a headcase for the Cowboys who is past his best days.
If not cut Dez had a $16.5M cap hit the next two years ($33M total). They still are on the hook for the $8M this year leftover from his bonus since they cut him pre-6/1. So Over two years they save $25M

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me cutting Dez was going to hurt most in the red zone. We need players that can uncover via shifty route running or physically dominate/out-jump his man like Dez could. We need to add someone from this draft that can fill that void. Maybe Gathers can help with this as well.
I think gathers can be that guy