• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Meets Jerry

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if the Earl Thomas to Dallas picks up steam now that Dez has been removed

I think a LB at 19, Thomas for our #2 and a package of our third and a fourth to move up for a receiver like Miller outta Memphis sounds pretty darn good

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if the Earl Thomas to Dallas picks up steam now that Dez has been removed

I think a LB at 19, Thomas for our #2 and a package of our third and a fourth to move up for a receiver like Miller outta Memphis sounds pretty darn good
I would be happy with that. I still want defense first.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy with that. I still want defense first.
I think the defense remains a bigger priority in round one and two.
A good receiver prospect should be there in round 3...The kid outta Maryland looks like he is a player

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good receiver prospect should be there in round 3...The kid outta Maryland looks like he is a player
I think he may be gone in the second round. Hearing alot about him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of me thinking Dez was a below average WR last year, I was on the fence about this release....

That was until seeing Dez reaction after the release. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

He's on Twitter talking shit right now.

Ware didn't leave like this.

Witten WOULDN'T leave like this.

Not even Team Obliterator left the Cowboys like this.

Saying "see you twice next year?"

Honestly, fuck Dez Bryant.
Gotta agree he's acting like a baby. It's like TO all over again. Good riddance. This is exactly why he is gone. Addition by subtraction. Like the Cowboys are worried you are going to bring your 3 routes and 700 yards to another NFC East team

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree he's acting like a baby. It's like TO all over again. Good riddance. This is exactly why he is gone. Addition by subtraction. Like the Cowboys are worried you are going to bring your 3 routes and 700 yards to another NFC East team
He could have a big year if he goes to a team like the Packers or Saints. Either way, it was time to move on here. This team is trying to get their OL back to where it was two years ago and having a great running game to go along with a very talented young defense. The Cowboys have 32 players 25 or younger, that number could be 40 after the draft. The next five years look great for the Cowboys IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them continue to load up that defense as well. Their DLine is starting to look pretty damn deep, the secondary has a lot of young playmakers. It seems to me that there are so many WR's in this draft, it just makes sense to add another stud defender in round one. Overall, I wouldn't mind a WR and an OL at some point, but if their other 8 picks are used on D that would be fine by me

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that means?

Jerry says:

A. Dez, you need to take a pay cut?

B. Dez, you really need to take a pay cut?

C. Dez, we have no more money to pay you. We are broke?
Didn't even offer him a pay cut, just told him to collect his things and hit the road.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have a big year if he goes to a team like the Packers or Saints. Either way, it was time to move on here. This team is trying to get their OL back to where it was two years ago and having a great running game to go along with a very talented young defense. The Cowboys have 32 players 25 or younger, that number could be 40 after the draft. The next five years look great for the Cowboys IMO
Let's hope not. I loved the 80s when the Niners dominated the Cowboys. I despise them; especially Jerry Jones and that A hole Jimmy Johnson.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the saga over the last day or so has me, at least for the time being, hoping Dez crashes and burns where ever he goes. His poor character and uber sensitive immaturity has come through loud and clear. I was never behind cutting Dez as the top option. I felt he still had something to give this team. I would likely have even let him play out the year "as is" and cut him next year if they couldn't agree to a reduced salary. Or, I would have cut him a month ago when he could have moved on and got paid and we could have used the money elsewhere to help this team and offset his loss.

But now I am so happy he is gone. He is more drama than he is stats. Dez has become TO, but when we finally cut the cord there, TO was actually still putting up good numbers, Dez isn't. In hindsight this move looks like a no-brainer to me. Yeah, Dez it's all the fault of the mean players that didn't like you and the mean coach, not at all the fault of the guy that absolutely sucked on the field last year. No accountability. We have become a World of whenever something happens to me it's always someone else's fault and Dez is a great example of that.

But, I don't blame all of this on Dez. This is equally Jerry's fault. The way they dragged this on and then highlighted it by putting a date on it for all to see was total bull shit. WTF is wrong with this guy? They not only put it in the National spotlight but they also turned it into a movie premiere that was a bulls eye pointed at the Cowboys. If they knew Dez at all they would know this would back him into a corner and we'd get exactly what we got. A hurt, crying child lashing out and threatening to go to a division rival just because he felt dissed and knows no other way to respond. Does he actually think the Cowboys are worried about covering him twice a year? Where is all the crying from Hurns, Jordy Nelson and Honey Badger and Sherman and everyone else about getting cut?

Most importantly what all the Dez backers and Dez seem to be missing is the money this frees up allows us to help the team with going forward. It wasn't just a Dez move, it was a cap move. We have $8M extra this year and $16.5M extra next year to build this team. We have huge needs and this will help us with them and with the cap. Dez can cry it's personal all he wants. But it was a business decision and as I sit here today I am feeling more confident that it was the right decision.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason it is a great move is Dak. Dak is young and the plan is for him to be our QB for the next 10 years or so. The team and many fans think he is the right guy for the job. Many others (Cowboy fans and others) think he is not good and simply was in the right place at the right time in 2016. We will find out this year if we have our stud QB for the next decade or if we need to look elsewhere.

This is either going to reinforce how bad Dez was last year and how he made this team worse just by being on the field and not producing and worse yet by making some huge negative plays via his drops and not being where he was supposed to AND give us $25M over the next 2 years to spend on better players. Or we find out Dak just is not anything more than a slightly below average NFL QB and that the Cowboys need to find a better QB going forward. If this turns out to be the case we still have a young enough nucleus to turn to someone else and make this team an instant contender. If Dak really is as bad as some think and we won 13 games two years ago and 9 last year with all we were up against in injuries, suspensions and disappointing seasons from key players a QB upgrade would certainly put us in the instant playoff contenders group. Personally, my money is on Dak being a good QB and a great fit for this team. I just see so much to like there and all the intangibles you want in a QB, but I like the fact that if I am wrong we will find out pretty quickly.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing I left off about Jerry is he clearly led Dez to believe it was a Garrett and some players move and there were many voices behind it and probably because he couldn't just look him in the eye and say I'm the owner and it's my decision. Even if it were a group decision (and it damn well better have been) you say 'I'm not going to get into what other people thought' or have Stephen with him and they can say they decided it together. Now we have to read about this drama all offseason. Dez is still bringing the perception of this team down...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the saga over the last day or so has me, at least for the time being, hoping Dez crashes and burns where ever he goes. His poor character and uber sensitive immaturity has come through loud and clear. I was never behind cutting Dez as the top option. I felt he still had something to give this team. I would likely have even let him play out the year "as is" and cut him next year if they couldn't agree to a reduced salary. Or, I would have cut him a month ago when he could have moved on and got paid and we could have used the money elsewhere to help this team and offset his loss.

But now I am so happy he is gone. He is more drama than he is stats. Dez has become TO, but when we finally cut the cord there, TO was actually still putting up good numbers, Dez isn't. In hindsight this move looks like a no-brainer to me. Yeah, Dez it's all the fault of the mean players that didn't like you and the mean coach, not at all the fault of the guy that absolutely sucked on the field last year. No accountability. We have become a World of whenever something happens to me it's always someone else's fault and Dez is a great example of that.

But, I don't blame all of this on Dez. This is equally Jerry's fault. The way they dragged this on and then highlighted it by putting a date on it for all to see was total bull shit. WTF is wrong with this guy? They not only put it in the National spotlight but they also turned it into a movie premiere that was a bulls eye pointed at the Cowboys. If they knew Dez at all they would know this would back him into a corner and we'd get exactly what we got. A hurt, crying child lashing out and threatening to go to a division rival just because he felt dissed and knows no other way to respond. Does he actually think the Cowboys are worried about covering him twice a year? Where is all the crying from Hurns, Jordy Nelson and Honey Badger and Sherman and everyone else about getting cut?

Most importantly what all the Dez backers and Dez seem to be missing is the money this frees up allows us to help the team with going forward. It wasn't just a Dez move, it was a cap move. We have $8M extra this year and $16.5M extra next year to build this team. We have huge needs and this will help us with them and with the cap. Dez can cry it's personal all he wants. But it was a business decision and as I sit here today I am feeling more confident that it was the right decision.
The club also has the Romo money falling off next year....We will sign DLaw and Martin to long term deals, then Dak, have another couple of good drafts(no reason to believe otherwise right now), and in two years, this will be the most complete and talented team in the league IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The club also has the Romo money falling off next year....We will sign DLaw and Martin to long term deals, then Dak, have another couple of good drafts(no reason to believe otherwise right now), and in two years, this will be the most complete and talented team in the league IMO
And I'm hoping by about week 5 we extend Irving too. I think he is going to have a huge year and get a $12M plus per year payday if he hits FA next year. I would love to see them give him a 3 year $20M contract today if he will accept it. I think his value today is as low as it will be over the next 5 years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was not really in favor of giving up a 2nd for Thomas and then also giving him a big contract, but now with the savings this frees up I would be happy with it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not really in favor of giving up a 2nd for Thomas and then also giving him a big contract, but now with the savings this frees up I would be happy with it.
They will need most of the available cap space for the draft class, I say to a Thomas trade. Stay the course and maybe give him a look in19.