• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2016 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if that's what you consider pessimistic then.

Not sure anyone outside of a Tigers fan would be anything but a pessimist in your eyes with that line of thinking. (Kluber is top ten in CYA the last two years. And has a better career ERA than JV. He also has Kd more in the last two years than JV has in any two year period of his career. JV did, in the past, log more innings. That was awhile ago now.)

I'm not certain of Keuchel being great, but I'd take him over JV at this point. Age being a definite factor there.
Kluber is also going to be 30 years old and didn't have a full season as a starter until he was 27 years old.. by the time Verlander was 27 he had 3 all star seasons and 3 top 5 cy young voting finishes... comparing klubers career to verlanders is comical. Verlander has an outside shot at making the HOF... Kluber's only shot at seeing the HOF is if he buys a ticket.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time Verlander was Klubers age now.. he had an MVP.. A CY... 6 all star seasons... 5 cy young voting top 10's... and 2 no hitters...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair.. why not take a look at the 3 seasons that verlander had at age 27,28,and 29.. and compare those to kluber's... and get back to me on that.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your best pitchers in the AL list would go:
Sale
Felix
gray
JV
?

No price even?
I said price... scroll up.. My list would be

Price
Sale
Felix
Gray
Verlander

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber is also going to be 30 years old and didn't have a full season as a starter until he was 27 years old.. by the time Verlander was 27 he had 3 all star seasons and 3 top 5 cy young voting finishes... comparing klubers career to verlanders is comical. Verlander has an outside shot at making the HOF... Kluber's only shot at seeing the HOF is if he buys a ticket.
I don't think either are HOFers personally. not sure what that has to do with anything.

What JV did 4,5,6 years ago is over.

Not sure why comparisons can't be made. Unless you want to ignore reality. Which is pretty obvious.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either are HOFers personally. not sure what that has to do with anything.

What JV did 4,5,6 years ago is over.

Not sure why comparisons can't be made. Unless you want to ignore reality. Which is pretty obvious.
I doubt verlander gets into the HOF myself.. unless he has 2 or 3 more legit cy young seasons and at least one more great playoff run... but would you really want to bet who would get more votes at this point?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is.. Verlander's numbers were as good or better than Kluber's for the most part last year...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comparison can be made all you want... but to be honest.. career wise.. its not close. Its not like Kluber is some spring chicken either... he is older than Zimmerman.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair.. why not take a look at the 3 seasons that verlander had at age 27,28,and 29.. and compare those to kluber's... and get back to me on that.
JV isn't going to be any of those ages again.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would fit in well here in miami smitty... the marlins fans are all pessimistic. all they do is complain.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither is Kluber.. he is going to be 30...
Right. But his 30 is coming off a very, very nice 29 and 28. While JVs 32 is coming off a rough 30 and 31. (He was injured. I'm not blaming him.)

JV wouldn't need to match Klubers innings or Ks from the last two years to have a very good season to me. I don't expect him to either.

Other than being a Tigers fan, and wanting JV to have a better 2016, I don't see how things point that way.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the poi
They better not be complaining about that Chen signing. I wouldn't be.
they are... i have already heard the "when will he be traded" bullshit 10 times.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marlins fans can't even tell you why they are pissy about the team.. all they can say it they hate loria, the stadium screwed them over (when many of them are not even miami dade property owners who pay the tax on it), and the team trades everyone away all the time... most marlins fans are total faggots. the only ones that are actually fun to talk to are the old cubans that actually truly love the game and don't care about the other shit.

i always laughed when a guy would complain about the stadium deal being a rip off and I would ask him where he lived and he would say palm beach or ft lauderdale.. it happened many times. You have to be a real queer to complain about the taxes that someone else is paying... I understand the stadium lined peoples pockets.. I don't care.. I pay the tax gladly because the place is beautiful and I have never had a bad time when I go to a game there.

on that note.. guess who the marlins home season opener is against!!!! THE TIGERS!!!! I AM PUMPED!!!!! anyone that wants to come down here for opening day... tickets are on me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the poi

they are... i have already heard the "when will he be traded" bullshit 10 times.
Those people don't even keep their chickens in a coop.

But I get what they're saying on the trade thing. I'd hate to root for that franchise since Leyland left.

But I appreciate them not wanting to pay Miggy.

Can you imagine what that would be like to watch the Tigers deal a player like that, as young as he was, for a bunch of unproven kids? My head would explode.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those people don't even keep their chickens in a coop.

But I get what they're saying on the trade thing. I'd hate to root for that franchise since Leyland left.

But I appreciate them not wanting to pay Miggy.

Can you imagine what that would be like to watch the Tigers deal a player like that, as young as he was, for a bunch of unproven kids? My head would explode.
I get it.. but the fact is.. most of the people crying about it are just using it as the excuse why they don't go to games or watch them on tv. they aren't real fans. if you go to the stadium and talk to people.. the real fans are there. there is much less negative bullshit from the fans that actually are season ticket holders or go to a handful of games... most of the BS they talk is just an excuse for why they are such shit fans.

The marlins market is huge.. the combo of miami/ft lauderdale/w palm makes it the 6th largest metro area in mlb... fans come up with all sorts of excuses why they don't go to games... but when it comes down to it.. if they went to games or watch them more often the team would have more money to keep talent. They already have locked in stanton... and yelich. Fans here are the worst in the USA.. that includeds Heat and Dolphins fans... they are just shit. U of miami can't even sell out a stadium with 65,000 seats... when michigan sells out 110,000+ every game... and MSU gets 75,000. Its just the people here.. just a lot of fake ass people that have no loyalty to anything.. let alone a sports team.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last u of miami game i went to had about 15,000 people at it.. no joke.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it.. but the fact is.. most of the people crying about it are just using it as the excuse why they don't go to games or watch them on tv. they aren't real fans. if you go to the stadium and talk to people.. the real fans are there. there is much less negative bullshit from the fans that actually are season ticket holders or go to a handful of games... most of the BS they talk is just an excuse for why they are such shit fans.

The marlins market is huge.. the combo of miami/ft lauderdale/w palm makes it the 6th largest metro area in mlb... fans come up with all sorts of excuses why they don't go to games... but when it comes down to it.. if they went to games or watch them more often the team would have more money to keep talent. They already have locked in stanton... and yelich. Fans here are the worst in the USA.. that includeds Heat and Dolphins fans... they are just shit. U of miami can't even sell out a stadium with 65,000 seats... when michigan sells out 110,000+ every game... and MSU gets 75,000. Its just the people here.. just a lot of fake ass people that have no loyalty to anything.. let alone a sports team.
Not defending the people of Florida, as every time I've been there I've witnessed crazy shit, (cars on fire on the highway is almost a guarentee. Wtf?) but....

Inthink a lot of the attitude has to come from people not growing up with love for the local teams. You have to be pretty young to have had the Heat, Marlins, Dolphins and panthers around when you grew up.

Plus all those Damned old people....

I know Inwoukdbt have went to games in 02,03,04 if I hadn't grown up loving the Tigers. But I went to more, cuz there weren't any lame bandwagon fans that don't know 3/4's of roster like there are now. And tickets were free half the time. Lol. Thanks Meijer.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending the people of Florida, as every time I've been there I've witnessed crazy shit, (cars on fire on the highway is almost a guarentee. Wtf?) but....

Inthink a lot of the attitude has to come from people not growing up with love for the local teams. You have to be pretty young to have had the Heat, Marlins, Dolphins and panthers around when you grew up.

Plus all those Damned old people....

I know Inwoukdbt have went to games in 02,03,04 if I hadn't grown up loving the Tigers. But I went to more, cuz there weren't any lame bandwagon fans that don't know 3/4's of roster like there are now. And tickets were free half the time. Lol. Thanks Meijer.
yeah.. i remember when i first moved here and thought it was odd to see a car on fire on the side of the road... not anymore.

The truth is when you go to a marlins game.. most of the people you talk to in the stadium love the team and are happy.. its the faggots that don't actual care that mouth off about them and make marlins fans look bad. older cuban men love the marlins.. its amazing to sit and talk to some of those guys.. makes you feel good afterward.