• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Tigers may be interested in Balfour. If he drops his price a little, it would be a good addition.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else remember the days when they served Stroh's at the old ballpark? Those were the days.

Alex, that better be beer.............

You can still get Stroh's in right field I believe.(Older'n' 'merica!)

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention Muzz:
Lion's 7-8
AZ Cards 10-5

An awful lot of slow learners in Detroit (and TN). One winning season in 13 years. One postseason win in FIFTY SIX years. But, of course, a new head coach will make all the difference! lolololol

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention Muzz:
Lion's 7-8
AZ Cards 10-5

An awful lot of slow learners in Detroit (and TN). One winning season in 13 years. One postseason win in FIFTY SIX years. But, of course, a new head coach will make all the difference! lolololol

I told you to play nice, Now I have to tattle.....You can only troll so much before you get tattled on.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you to play nice, Now I have to tattle.....You can only troll so much before you get tattled on.
snowshoes+1.jpg

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is that AZ could end up 11-5 and still not get into the playoffs. (When was the last time Detroit won 11 games?)

Will Detroit fire Schwartz on Monday or let him be a lame duck for the last game?

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading a lot of silly stuff about the Tigers losing Prince Fielder, and how it marks the end of the world, etc, etc. While I don't give DD high marks on his winter moves, so far....I give him MAJOR kudos from getting out from under the silly contract he and PizzaBoyII gave Fielder in the first place.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balfour would be a great pickup.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to disagree....they clinched with 3 games to go......who knows how it might had changed if perez hadnt blown that save in the big series vs the injuns where we swept him.....i agree, it seemed easier than the year before....but they hardly ran away with the division....

Im not saying detroit doesnt have the talent to win the central....i still believe KC will be there in sept.....but this team didnt get better to win the WS....i see the rangers as a problem now.....profar, andrus, beltre, fielder, and choo.....with darvish.....i hope they end up like the angels and stink and the A's win again since their strategy of moneyball fails in the playoffs....

I sure hope im wrong and nicky c is good and the BP holds up....and miggy isnt walked a ton.....ive already got my eat crow thread ready......but im still a huge DD supporter.....just didnt care for this offseason....thats all.....and i could be dead wrong......ive learned to never doubt izzo over the years....if these moves work out, ill NEVER question DD again.

I agree it seemed like a sure thing this year where in years past it did not. It does appear that they have taken a step back this offseason bu mostly because they traded fister. I hope the fielder trade wasnt so they could sign max for more than they pay JV, that would be a mistake. Hopefully the money is to extend miggy. I still wish they would trade max while his value is so high. If he walks next year it will end up being DDs biggest mistake behind trading fister. If he somehow has a season like 2013 again which I highly doubt, sure sign him. Im not confident in rondon or nick either, I never trust tigers rookies. Miggy shouldve been walked a ton anyhow, and vmart is a very solid hitter behind him. I trust him more than I ever trusted fielder.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Illitch "kids" give DD a nice Christmas bonus. He got them out of the terrible Fielder contract that daddy demanded. DD was smart to do it now.....instead of trying to created something to get rid of Fielder a couple of years from now. He saved the kids a good hunk of cash in the future.
As for Fister.....DD needed to clear some more salary before he signed Nathan. I am sure if he could have gotten more in return, he would have. Gaining financial maneuvering room was more important.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it seemed like a sure thing this year where in years past it did not. It does appear that they have taken a step back this offseason bu mostly because they traded fister. I hope the fielder trade wasnt so they could sign max for more than they pay JV, that would be a mistake. Hopefully the money is to extend miggy. I still wish they would trade max while his value is so high. If he walks next year it will end up being DDs biggest mistake behind trading fister. If he somehow has a season like 2013 again which I highly doubt, sure sign him. Im not confident in rondon or nick either, I never trust tigers rookies. Miggy shouldve been walked a ton anyhow, and vmart is a very solid hitter behind him. I trust him more than I ever trusted fielder.

Wow, Laker, that is a lot of opinions for one paragraph.

1) Fister is a bad trade when viewed in a vacuum. None of us know what caused it because all will agree it wasn't a good baseball trade
2) Fielder was traded because of timing and an available partner. The timing of Fielder's bad post-season, his attitude, and the Rangers situation allowed DD a unique opportunity and he took advantage of it. Kudos.
3) The Fielder deal was a separate decision to Max and Miggy. No way would I sign either to long term deal right now. Max because his stock is too high and Miggy because of age.
4) The good thing about Nick C and Rondon is that the Tigers aren't relying on them lighting the world on fire. Rondon's ceiling this year is to be a set-up guy. Important but not irreplaceable. Nick C just needs to be average. I would take .250/.300/.400 from him. Not unrealistic considering his .276/.343/.450 with Toledo last year. Anything more is gravy.
5) VMart won't be as effective as Fielder in protecting Miggy simply because teams won't fear the big HR from him. He may end up being a more consistent run producer because he hits from both sides but Miggy is going to get walked a ton.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy, you just burned your ninth life on the Tigers board. I'm too busy to keep fielding complaints about you. Posters just don't want you, man.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy, you just burned your ninth life on the Tigers board. I'm too busy to keep fielding complaints about you. Posters just don't want you, man.

Thanks Hammer, Good riddens, I'll let you know when he shows back up, He doesn't even realize that just because you change your screen name the rhetoric is the same.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man these admins are awesome!! Barely post but always read here. Sent the message and presto
HE GONE...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalopy agree with 1-3. Not sure on 4 or 5 though. Their pen is still weak, they have lost benoit, veras, and smyly and have gained nathan, chamberlain and krol. Of those three one is a stud and the other two cannot be counted on so the tigers may have to rely on rondon. They also have three holes in their lineup already, I dont count on avila, iggy, or their platoon in LF to produce, hell I dont really count on AJAX either so nick c at 3b is a spot where production is necessary. Regarding five, fielder hit less than 30 dingers last year and was extremely inconsistent. Vmart will hit for contact and hit for average. Yes it will be a downgrade in the 4 spot but not as extreme as some are thinking. The tigers offense was fine pre fielder and will be fine post fielder.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an espn writer ranks the Tigers offense as # 3 in the behind Texas and Boston. Probably taking into account the number of times the offense came up empty last season .

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Rumor I?ll Print about Prince Fielder?s Wife, Avasail Garcia, and Miguel Cabrera | Diamond Hoggers

See if this link works. Rumors as to why Avisail was traded and how Might got reinjured.

Interesting. Happens more than fans probably think. I can think of two or three instances in pro sports were team mates were caught diddling a wife they should not have.

Although I think the Garcia trade was a good one for Detroit and not done in a desperation type of way that a cancer in the clubhouse would be. But who know?

As for the offense I think it will be fine. Detroit will stay out of the double play more often and if Dirks is healthy and Castellanos hits like they expect I see no real fall off.