• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SSM Greyhounds beat the London Knights 5-4 in a shoot out on the weekend

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see the article on mlive about nelson cruz? Some guy i think from ESPN did every team and what player out there could help......with the tigers in win now mode, he said cruz would be a good fit since we need power.....outside of miggy, hunter is the only guy who hit 15hr's last yr.....this team lacks power....but where would he play? We got the great raji davis and mandy dirks in LF....3's a crowd....the thought is maybe cruz takes a one yr contract for less money with a chance to win.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see the article on mlive about nelson cruz? Some guy i think from ESPN did every team and what player out there could help......with the tigers in win now mode, he said cruz would be a good fit since we need power.....outside of miggy, hunter is the only guy who hit 15hr's last yr.....this team lacks power....but where would he play? We got the great raji davis and mandy dirks in LF....3's a crowd....the thought is maybe cruz takes a one yr contract for less money with a chance to win.

I'd like him, but what to do in the OF is the Problem. DH and Platoon with Vmart? It would be nice to have assurance with a bat on the bench.....Maybe Dirks and Davis platoon the bench for matchup purposes later in the game......I don't know, but would really like his bat in the lineup.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather see Hunter extended than Cruz signed. And I don't want to see Hunter extended. (Not now anyway.). If he wanted next to nothing and was willing to pinch hit, yeah okay, maybd. He doesn't take walks and has not been reliable. (One season with over 130 games in his career.). Im not all that concerned about diminishing power. Kinsler and Nicky C should be able to cover what was lost in Peralta and Prince.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man a pro winning football team in michigan......man those were the days....

Last time I remember seeing them as a winning team I was a Redskin fan at the playoff game in 92'
Fontes converted me once moving to Michigan. Loved the cigar!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love to see that. Dirks is becoming my new Inge/Rugburn guy...

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dirks forgets how to hit a curve and starts at second ill hate him like crazy. (Never seen a lefty second sacker, so i think were safe.) If he platoons in left and hits 6th or 7th Im cool. (Never did like him at the top of the order. Despite that nice WestCoast road trip of his a few years back.). Don't need to see him okay center or right, ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty looking good with Payne out of the lineup the last three game.......Scary good when he plays......Damn you plantar fachitis

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Kinsler is going to be my new boyfriend.......Don't tell my girlfriend, she gets jealous.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, yankees paid tanaka $22M/yr for seven years. i'm not sure i would want the tigers paying the reigning cy young award winner that much. i ran into a padres scout here in maui and he thinks ausmus is one of the best talent evaluators he ever met. he also thinks the tigers are the team to beat in '14.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, yankees paid tanaka $22M/yr for seven years. i'm not sure i would want the tigers paying the reigning cy young award winner that much. i ran into a padres scout here in maui and he thinks ausmus is one of the best talent evaluators he ever met. he also thinks the tigers are the team to beat in '14.

Ill be in hawaii next week. How is it out there?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be in hawaii next week. How is it out there?

It's been pretty nice in south Maui. Storm rolled through yesterday morning but it has been nothing but sunshine other than that. Storm caused 50+ foot waves on the north shore.
Whales have been out in abundance. We saw a calf breach about ten yards from our kayak on Monday.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been pretty nice in south Maui. Storm rolled through yesterday morning but it has been nothing but sunshine other than that. Storm caused 50+ foot waves on the north shore.
Whales have been out in abundance. We saw a calf breach about ten yards from our kayak on Monday.

Nice, I will be on oahu. Saw whales last year there from diamondhead. Those are ridiculous waves! Do you live there or are you vacationing?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, I will be on oahu. Saw whales last year there from diamondhead. Those are ridiculous waves! Do you live there or are you vacationing?

Just vacation. I get stir crazy there after a week and think I would go (more) insane if forced to live there.