• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys Wilcard

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go putting words in my mouth again that I didn't say. I never said anything about "kidding." I said I over-exaggerated the rule and didn't make it clear what it was. I know that you can't hold or tackle someone from behind. I just disagree with the call and think that it wasn't the case and it shouldn't have been flagged. Something that never, ever, gets flagged, randomly gets flagged out of nowhere that nobody expected. That's all I'm saying there.

I'm not belittling anybody? I'm just discussing here is all. I've made plenty of rational and coherent points. You just turn around and insult me for no reason. I'm sure others who read this can see my points. I don't know what is bothering you guys and making you be so hostile towards me?
I think it's past your bedtime sonny. Tell your mother goodnight.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it wasn't a big win for the Cowboys. It is. Any playoff win for the Cowboys is a huge thing for them. Good for you. Nobody's taking that away. Just saying that it wasn't an impressive win. It will be impressive if you beat Green Bay though.

The Lions QB is now 0-18 against winning teams on the road. The Lions don't know how to win big games. This win doesn't mean much. You beat the Lions at home. You were expected to. Congrats. Now show us something real. Beat the Packers on the road, and then you'll get the credit you deserve.

Seriously?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go putting words in my mouth again that I didn't say. I never said anything about "kidding." I said I over-exaggerated the rule and didn't make it clear what it was. I know that you can't hold or tackle someone from behind. I just disagree with the call and think that it wasn't the case and it shouldn't have been flagged. Something that never, ever, gets flagged, randomly gets flagged out of nowhere that nobody expected. That's all I'm saying there.

I'm not belittling anybody? I'm just discussing here is all. I've made plenty of rational and coherent points. You just turn around and insult me for no reason. I'm sure others who read this can see my points. I don't know what is bothering you guys and making you be so hostile towards me?

What's sad is you probably believe this spin you just wrote. :L

"I know you can't hold or tackle". But you claim that it wasn't a foul, it can be done, in fact "its a rule" and you have seen others do it. Just stop talking already.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. The reason it is a big win for Dallas is because it is a playoff game! Any playoff win is huge. Now on top of that, Dallas was expected to be a 6 win team by many, didn't clinch a post season bid until very late, has won 1 playoff game in two decades, was losing 14-0, was still losing very late in the game, has a QB that everyone says cant win an important game, is not a great team so really isn't much better than Detroit, hasn't played great at home, has a reputation around the league as choking, was playing a WR that had 329 yards against them last time they played, doesn't have a very good defense..did I mention it was a playoff game?

Ok how about another angel. Say you guys got the bye and the Packers played the Lions like this at home and came to your building to play you? You'd be thinking,"Oh wow, they barely beat a Lions team that isn't known for winning big games. Not impressed at all. Bring them on." You know that's how'd you feel. You'd feel more confident about your chances of winning.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done nothing but debate about how I don't see how this is that big of a win for Dallas. One misunderstanding and I don't know what I'm talking about? I just don't get it. Why can't we just talk?

Now you are saying you didn't say it wasn't a big win for Dallas?

You are the one that is big on the bold, can you read this?

DONE!

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

In other's eyes who aren't for the Cowboys, it isn't impressive and not big at all. In your eyes, its huge, and of course its huge for them. Nobody outside of Dallas is going to see this as a big step. Everyone still views you as that team that's going to find a way to lose it.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiming in late, just wanted to say thought it was very good game. Whose gonna stop dem Cowboys?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok how about another angel. Say you guys got the bye and the Packers played the Lions like this at home and came to your building to play you? You'd be thinking,"Oh wow, they barely beat a Lions team that isn't known for winning big games. Not impressed at all. Bring them on." You know that's how'd you feel. You'd feel more confident about your chances of winning.

I'm not moving on to another point until you agree it was a big win. The whole thread has been you going from point to point and then saying you did or didn't say something and no one will debate you on it.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sad is you probably believe this spin you just wrote. :L

"I know you can't hold or tackle". But you claim that it wasn't a foul, it can be done, in fact "its a rule" and you have seen others do it. Just stop talking already.

I haven't spun anything. I've maintained the same stance this entire time. You guys just don't read and understand my words like I do. You guys don't see what I'm trying to say so.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for trying, but I'd be thinking "man, they just beat a playoff team and are in a rythym while we are going to be rusty and play worse at home".

But then again, I actually KNOW football...

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not moving on to another point until you agree it was a big win. The whole thread has been you going from point to point and then saying you did or didn't say something and no one will debate you on it.

It was a big win for the Cowboys and their fans yes. I can agree there.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other's eyes who aren't for the Cowboys, it isn't impressive and not big at all. In your eyes, its huge, and of course its huge for them. Nobody outside of Dallas is going to see this as a big step. Everyone still views you as that team that's going to find a way to lose it.

anyone with a brain or that knows the NFL knows that any playoff win is huge. A playoff loss means you go home, a playoff win means you move on.

Doesn't matter where or whom you are playing, a playoff win means you keep playing and that is the goal of the entire freaking game.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for trying, but I'd be thinking "man, they just beat a playoff team and are in a rythym while we are going to be rusty and play worse at home".

But then again, I actually KNOW football...

Who in their right mind would be thinking like that? That's a losing attitude.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't spun anything. I've maintained the same stance this entire time. You guys just don't read and understand my words like I do. You guys don't see what I'm trying to say so.

"you guys" equals everyone who isn't you.

You make zero sense to everyone else.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiming in late, just wanted to say thought it was very good game. Whose gonna stop dem Cowboys?

Only need to worry about not beating themselves vs the Pack and they can win the next game

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in their right mind would be thinking like that? That's a losing attitude.

Jason Garrett, for one. It's a pretty common thought among sports that rust can be a major factor in taking time off. It's why you don't see every coach sit all their starters as soon as they have their playoff spot set. They want to keep everyone active and fresh, within reason.

Again, that sports knowledge thing is a kicker. It comes with age, though. You will get there one day.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow. Another number just got thrown out. The Lions are 0-8 in Wildcard games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a big win for the Cowboys and their fans yes. I can agree there.

If we had the bye and this game went down just like it did, but with GB instead of Dallas I first of all wouldn't be focused on one game. I would be focused on exactly what I am now, that we need to play Aaron Rodgers and his receivers in GB. They way they just beat Detroit wouldn't come into play much, but I would note they were down 14-0 and were still good enough to come back and win if the game were to start out that way again. Dallas just came back against a real good defense. I don't get the whole thought process behind "how" they won. With or without that call I think Dallas wins that game. The call does not define the game to me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow. Another number just got thrown out. The Lions are 0-8 in Wildcard games.

And how many of those players from some of those 8 games are on this team? Do you think it was the last 8 years in a row?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad call, but Detroit still had chances to win that game. I wouldn't call them chokers like some here have done and I think Dallas deserves a lot of credit for winning.

Absolutely. The difference to me was Garrett having the stones to play for the win by going for it on 4th and 6th with 6 minutes left. If they get stuffed there, he'd have been fried by the critics for not punting, but he knew the best chance for his team to win was by asking the offense to get that 6 yards. Caldwell had a similar call on 4th and 1 from about the same spot on the field, but chose to punt, and then his punter choked out a 10 yard shank. That was the difference in the ballgame to me. The PI call, it's not like the Seattle-GB call from a couple of years back on the last play of the game that literally ended the game. At the time of the call, Detroit had the lead AND the ball and 8 minutes left. Bad calls happen to all teams. I thought the holding call on Witten on the TD run was a poor call. So what, play the game