• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeShone Kizer

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Watching him. He reminds me a bit of Russell Wilson.

He can create time with his feet and then Throw a dart.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey a guy could dream.

Problem was I only saw the final 3 plays

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can throw the deep ball. at least he has that going for him. time will tell. I hope for the best. hopefully the defense wakes the fuck up

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would start the frosh. kizer looked bad besides the 1 throw.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB stats for Virginia game:

Zaire 7-18 38.9% 115y 110.89
Kizer 8-12 66.7% 92y 186.07

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Kizer threw twice as many passes as Zaire yesterday.

I don't see why any fan of the Irish would make fun of Kizer. Considering the circumstances, he did all we could ask him to do. He took care of the ball and scored.

I don't think there were any fans that thought we had a chance after the defense could not stop VA. How on Earth could this green kid come in and command a game winning drive in less than 2 minutes? No way, right? But he did it and people talk about him like he is a piece of shit. Do you expect a kid that has not played, to come in and do more than that? WTF?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess u didn't watch the game. Kizer was missing wide open receivers and his arm is some what weak. Yes I give him credit for that last throw. It was clutch. Overall We will struggle with Kizer. I rather see the Frosh Wimbush start. he has more upside.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Watching him. He reminds me a bit of Russell Wilson.

He can create time with his feet and then Throw a dart.
I sold him a big bottle of recovery water, he'll be fine.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a little bit of a combination of both Kizer being a deer in headlights and
QB stats for Virginia game:

Zaire 7-18 38.9% 115y 110.89
Kizer 8-12 66.7% 92y 186.07

That's actually not as bad as it looked. Take away 1-1 from the fake FG and 7-11 after Zaire goes down isn't exactly horrible, certainly not Tebow-esque!

I was upset with Brown for not coming back to the ball on his first throw. But then again I was kind of upset with Kelly for throwing him right into the fire with a passing play.

I actually see a smidgeon of a silver lining here if Kelly is forced to dial back the designed runs now that his depth at QB is in serious peril. Who's now third, is it Carlise? Not that I 'expect' that we'll need to use a third, but hey, we've seen our luck the last few years with injuries.

I quite dislike the notion that people keep putting forth (Mack Brown was one) that it's going to take away some of the playbook to not use Kizer (or by extension Zaire) on designed runs or even moderate to heavy use of the read-option. As if the only way to be an effective QB these days is to be able to run the ball as a QB on each and every down (or have it be an option). Scramble as needed, get what you can, protect your body, that's it.

This kid is going to have plenty enough on his plate as it is to try and get prepped enough for this bee-swarm about to hit South Bend. Let him concentrate on throwing and his routes/plays. I can tell he has some elusiveness, but that doesn't mean you have to trot that ability out every play.

It's high time for the skill positions around him to step up. Fuller and Prosise excluded, they've been playing their asses off already. I'd like to see a little less spreading and maybe a little more protection. I doubt we will, but one can hope Kelly sees the importance.

I've run the spread as an XBOX QB of our beloved Irish and I never ever recruited a scrambler or option style QB. Augment the set to put in a TE in place of a third receiver, come with a single back, two TE set every now and then. I've always found some of those true spread style plays to be a li'l gimmicky anyway (i.e. bubble screens to death). They serve a purpose no doubt and they can be good solid plays for good yardage, but you have to break it up to keep the D honest. Did ya'll catch London's talk at half? He had said they had a good idea of what we were trying to do (now). Kelly's offensive playbook is supposed to be rather large, but I am still waiting to see the wrinkles, it seems like we're stuck seeing the same 4 plays because of "reasons" that I guess I'm just not seeing.

We have the talent, but again, our execution and play selection is leaving a crap-ton to be desired. I'm sure many of you agree with me that when envisioning what this offense can do; they're not even coming close to the tip of the iceberg. Is that coaching? I think at this point, it has to be.

That reverse throwback-pass they nailed a TD on us with... when you saw that, didn't you just envy that call a little bit? I did. Though I do give Kelly kudos on the fake FG. That's the kinda stuff I want to see.

Reminds me of something I remember an announcer saying about the Yankees. Verbatim, something along the lines of we play station to station baseball and hardly make the defense make a decision or put pressure on them where they may make a mistake of their own that puts us in a good spot. Our Irish remind me of that often in that we seem to be so predictable that we make it a bit easier for teams to defend us.

I remember watching Holtz vs. Schembechler or other games of old coaches where they'd always come in with a wrinkle off of commonly used plays everyone knows were going to run and suck them in and pow! Yesterday, finally, Kelly pow'ed 'em with that fake FG. More of that please.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Kizer threw twice as many passes as Zaire yesterday.

I don't see why any fan of the Irish would make fun of Kizer. Considering the circumstances, he did all we could ask him to do. He took care of the ball and scored.

I don't think there were any fans that thought we had a chance after the defense could not stop VA. How on Earth could this green kid come in and command a game winning drive in less than 2 minutes? No way, right? But he did it and people talk about him like he is a piece of shit. Do you expect a kid that has not played, to come in and do more than that? WTF?
I think I'm more concerned with the pass defense. John's was 26 for 38 with two touchdowns and 289 yards. Severin was open all day.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only positive Kelly does well with back up QBs. Lets see what he can do now. He needs to stick to the running game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm more concerned with the pass defense. John's was 26 for 38 with two touchdowns and 289 yards. Severin was open all day.
Yeah what the hell was Russell and Luke doing. They got killed. Also Butler looked really bad.
The only good thing about the D was we were getting after the QB. Front 7 did their part.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indeed, but I'm curious if some of that was BVG's fault, in a sense. In the Keys to the game I was reading over at B&G Illustrated the author put forth the idea that on D we had a couple of choices, keep everything behind us and limit them to small gains, or come hard with blitzes and feast/famine as it were. Looks like BVG chose feast and famine. Though I did see a couple of blown coverages and why Butler was on Severin in the slot, I have no idea. I suppose Luke and/or Russell might be more comfortable playing the lines, but that guy as far as the secondary was concerned, was the only real threat besides Mizzell, but he wasn't lining up at Receiver every single play.

It seemed to me VG wanted the front seven to be pressuring... maybe Smith or Schmidt in coverage for the TE or RB but the corners looked to me to be left in one on ones quite a bit. I didn't pay as much attention to the safeties with all the drama going on, did anyone notice them being out of position a lot? Were they cheating up?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting not to like our DC. This D has a lot of talent and he needs learn to make adjustments. He made 0 adjustments yesterday.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I meant keep everything in front of us, wish you could edit on these forums, I'm a typo machine sometimes... HA.

Well, there was something wrong yesterday to be sure. I'm willing to believe at the moment that it was combination of both players and coaches.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess u didn't watch the game. Kizer was missing wide open receivers and his arm is some what weak. Yes I give him credit for that last throw. It was clutch. Overall We will struggle with Kizer. I rather see the Frosh Wimbush start. he has more upside.

Give the guy a break. He was put into a situation he could not imagine. I have to think a full week of practice with the starters and he'll look much better this saturday

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the guy a break. He was put into a situation he could not imagine. I have to think a full week of practice with the starters and he'll look much better this saturday
I did give him a break. I said I give him credit for that last throw. Im just throwing out what I saw from him. Practice won't help his arm strength. Can we win yeah, we will win some games but no way we make the playoffs with Kizer. we go from being a 12-0-11-1 team to a 9-3 to 8-4 team.