• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeShone Kizer

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did give him a break. I said I give him credit for that last throw. Im just throwing out what I saw from him. Practice won't help his arm strength. Can we win yeah, we will win some games but no way we make the playoffs with Kizer. we go from being a 12-0-11-1 team to a 9-3 to 8-4 team.

I agree that we likely can't make the playoffs now. Best case scenario is 10-2 but 8-4/9-3 is likely

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we likely can't make the playoffs now. Best case scenario is 10-2 but 8-4/9-3 is likely
I think we lose to GT(just because it will be Kizer 1st start), USC and Clemson. It Wouldn't shock me if we lost a game we are suppose to win.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Kelly, here's one for ya ...

Psst ... just make Kizer a smart game manager and let the other talents of this team compliment the kid's strong points and share the load.

Remember how Tommy Rees did that? What? The 2012 NCG team ... that one?

What? Too simple, you say? Not flashy and genius looking enough? Well, ok then ... do what you do, 'coach'. :rolleyes2:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting not to like our DC. This D has a lot of talent and he needs learn to make adjustments. He made 0 adjustments yesterday.
I gave him a pass last year with teh injuries. But the old adage is true, live by the blitz, you die by the blitz. It only works if they guy gets home and our MLB blitzes never get home. Our blitzes only work with Jaylon off the edge and with Russel that one time, but even then, if the RB comes back and gets a pad on him, I was worried that they would burn us again.

It seemed yesterday that when we rushed four, we had some decent pressure and Johns made some bad throws. He burned us on every blitz, including hte first td, when Onuwalu was iso on the receiver. Blitz didn't get home and he couldn't keep up with him.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Kelly, here's one for ya ...

Psst ... just make Kizer a smart game manager and let the other talents of this team compliment the kid's strong points and share the load.

Remember how Tommy Rees did that? What? The 2012 NCG team ... that one?

What? Too simple, you say? Not flashy and genius looking enough? Well, ok then ... do what you do, 'coach'. :rolleyes2:
Rees only started one game (BYU) that year. He did come in and bat cleanup against Purdue and Michigan (when Kelly pulled Golson early). But your point otherwise still stands.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rees only started one game (BYU) that year. He did come in and bat cleanup against Purdue and Michigan (when Kelly pulled Golson early). But your point otherwise still stands.
That's what I meant ... backup QB ... just game manager. Incredible concept, huh?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I meant ... backup QB ... just game manager. Incredible concept, huh?
Was confused by what you were saying. Kelly more or less made Golson a game manager too as a starter. He basically played not to lose the USC game. He didn't unleash his offense, and let Wood and Riddick run all over USC (except inside the 20's). I remember screaming out loud when we kicked the last FG before the big goal line stand, when he pulled Riddick after taking them down the field to go empty backfield. If I recall correctly, they had to take a timeout because even the players were confused he was pulling Riddick. Just over and over again, Why Kelly, why?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT D is good. Its going to be a tough game. True test in how this team will be the rest of the way.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT D is good. Its going to be a tough game. True test in how this team will be the rest of the way.
They won't be pushovers, but it remains to be seen how good they really are. They've played absolutely no one yet. That said, they are good enough to cause us problems, and if the gameplan is to simply try to outscore GT quickly while they methodically rip off 4-5 yard runs in the triple option, that is a bad strategy. They should, like against LSU, play keep away and hope that the defense can play disciplined and assignment football.

If they do manage a win, something I only gave 50/50 with Zaire, now much less, I think we'll handle Navy pretty well, because of the trial by fire. If we lose, I see us struggling with Navy, which, like Pitt or even Temple or BC, will be the games that we will likely struggle or lose when we have no business doing so.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Kizer threw twice as many passes as Zaire yesterday.

I don't see why any fan of the Irish would make fun of Kizer. Considering the circumstances, he did all we could ask him to do. He took care of the ball and scored.

I don't think there were any fans that thought we had a chance after the defense could not stop VA. How on Earth could this green kid come in and command a game winning drive in less than 2 minutes? No way, right? But he did it and people talk about him like he is a piece of shit. Do you expect a kid that has not played, to come in and do more than that? WTF?

you could use this same speech for rees.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban can make A.J. McCarron a game-manager Kelly can make Kizer a game-manager. If W's are the only real measure at the end of the day, then how good you look shouldn't come into question at all.

Anyone have an ear close enough to the program to know whether or not these kinds of talks happen with Kelly? As in, Coach, you ARE predictable. As in, Coach, you ARE calling some questionable plays. As in, Coach, you ARE not making adjustments, you're asking the kids to just execute better no matter what?

Really curious about what gets talked about behind closed doors. There are other good coaches that have swallowed their pride. McCarthy in Green Bay is giving up play-calling duties. It's not as if this has never occurred. Is the EGO too big? I agree with the sentiment that the play-calling's been the same for years, acting as if it's always execution seems to be completely naive (on Coach's part). The talk of Bama having an easy sense of what we were going to do, etc. only seems to prove the point. Those players actually talked about it, what about ALL of the other coaches, who DON'T talk about it, but know nonetheless? They're licking their chops. Sometingwong and someting has to change that much seems clear.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban can make A.J. McCarron a game-manager Kelly can make Kizer a game-manager. If W's are the only real measure at the end of the day, then how good you look shouldn't come into question at all.

Anyone have an ear close enough to the program to know whether or not these kinds of talks happen with Kelly? As in, Coach, you ARE predictable. As in, Coach, you ARE calling some questionable plays. As in, Coach, you ARE not making adjustments, you're asking the kids to just execute better no matter what?

Really curious about what gets talked about behind closed doors. There are other good coaches that have swallowed their pride. McCarthy in Green Bay is giving up play-calling duties. It's not as if this has never occurred. Is the EGO too big? I agree with the sentiment that the play-calling's been the same for years, acting as if it's always execution seems to be completely naive (on Coach's part). The talk of Bama having an easy sense of what we were going to do, etc. only seems to prove the point. Those players actually talked about it, what about ALL of the other coaches, who DON'T talk about it, but know nonetheless? They're licking their chops. Sometingwong and someting has to change that much seems clear.
Here's the deal, IMO.

Kelly finally had his Ferrari in Zaire and was just ooozing to use him all over the place, even if it was not 'needed'. I'm sorry, you don't drive your Ferrari around at 150 mph for a team like UVA. You drive it some for show and to keep the engine at peak performance, but you don't wreck it for some ill-advised purpose.

Now ....

You have no choice but to use your Nissan(s) (maybe a Lexus) as a 'game manager' only, since you decided to total your Ferrari.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i'm somewhat alone on this but i was not disappointed in kizer's performance at all. i would expect anyone to miss some passes being put in that position with that inexperience. he does not have the explosion or escapability of zaire, but i think it was mostly because of his nerves/excitement. the reason why i think nd will lose more games this year that originally thought is because of the defense we saw saturday. i can't believe some of the wide open virginia wrs and poor tackling. i am anxious to see what this kid has.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i'm somewhat alone on this but i was not disappointed in kizer's performance at all. i would expect anyone to miss some passes being put in that position with that inexperience. he does not have the explosion or escapability of zaire, but i think it was mostly because of his nerves/excitement. the reason why i think nd will lose more games this year that originally thought is because of the defense we saw saturday. i can't believe some of the wide open virginia wrs and poor tackling. i am anxious to see what this kid has.
I don't think many are down on Kizer's performance. I think most are down on the fact that he may not be ready to carry the load this year and that means a promising season is over before it really started. Also most are down because Kelly is too bull-headed to fix the problems of his own making. And for maybe dialing up the designed run one too many times instead of feeding Procise.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair observation AW. I remember hearing the announcer(s) talking about how in year one under Van Gorder that they barely had a concept, this year they're expanding it was said... expanding on WHAT though... Did anyone see/notice the look on VG's face the few times the camera spotlighted him? Last week he was all fuming and yelling and gesturing... this week, he looked scared to me by way of facial expressions. Not the kind of look you wanna see.

I wasn't disappointed with Kizer at all. It was really the ultimate in poor timing as to when he came in relative to the time in game and how our D was shitting themselves, as well as the plays coach was calling for him. Besides the few towards Brown, it seemed like Fuller was the only target, of course notwithstanding the shovel pass from the knees to Smythe.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair observation AW. I remember hearing the announcer(s) talking about how in year one under Van Gorder that they barely had a concept, this year they're expanding it was said... expanding on WHAT though... Did anyone see/notice the look on VG's face the few times the camera spotlighted him? Last week he was all fuming and yelling and gesturing... this week, he looked scared to me by way of facial expressions. Not the kind of look you wanna see.
Was probably getting an earful from Kelly. Someone said during some defensive series Kelly was dropping f bombs into his headset. Which is good. Kelly should hold him accountable. And that means cutting ties if need be.

We'll see if he can game plan for the triple option better than last year.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many are down on Kizer's performance. I think most are down on the fact that he may not be ready to carry the load this year and that means a promising season is over before it really started. Also most are down because Kelly is too bull-headed to fix the problems of his own making. And for maybe dialing up the designed run one too many times instead of feeding Procise.

Bingo

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help it, but I'm still optimistic about this year. Maybe this injury to Zaire is what is needed to get the defense to understand that they will have to carry the team. I still have serious questions about Van Gorder, but I truly believe we have a lot of talent there and if they get their act together we can be more than pretty good.

Kizer survived his first baptism under fire, and he will have a full week to get reps with the first team which will help greatly. I think we might see Wimbush get some playing time which makes sense for the rest of the season, and maybe, just maybe, he is as good as advertised.

In any event, I came into the season predicting an 11-1 regular season. I'm sticking with that, and don't think Georgia Tech is the team that will beat us. I see too many good omens for us to lose this game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help it, but I'm still optimistic about this year. Maybe this injury to Zaire is what is needed to get the defense to understand that they will have to carry the team. I still have serious questions about Van Gorder, but I truly believe we have a lot of talent there and if they get their act together we can be more than pretty good.

Kizer survived his first baptism under fire, and he will have a full week to get reps with the first team which will help greatly. I think we might see Wimbush get some playing time which makes sense for the rest of the season, and maybe, just maybe, he is as good as advertised.

In any event, I came into the season predicting an 11-1 regular season. I'm sticking with that, and don't think Georgia Tech is the team that will beat us. I see too many good omens for us to lose this game.
I would have been more comfortable if Kizer had the UMass week to get ready but that wasn't the hand we were dealt. There's still a lot of talent on offense. But GA Tech is our defense's problem.