• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson or Mitchell Trubisky

Jrhammer56

Hoopla Cash
$ 903.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off drafts in the past from my league, those backup QBs generally dont go till very late in the draft. Typically they start to go around the reach/deep sleeper rounds. It might be risky but I would venture that I would still be able to grab Henne somewhere between rounds 6-10. I still need to fill some positions and maybe get some depth. Though based on advice I might try to take Henne a round or two higher now out of paranoia.

Thanks for the advice everyone I will obviosly be checking in for more insight through out the day. Draft starts at 8pm(MT). I'll certainly hear everyone out until then so keep it coming!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off drafts in the past from my league, those backup QBs generally dont go till very late in the draft. Typically they start to go around the reach/deep sleeper rounds. It might be risky but I would venture that I would still be able to grab Henne somewhere between rounds 6-10. I still need to fill some positions and maybe get some depth. Though based on advice I might try to take Henne a round or two higher now out of paranoia.

Thanks for the advice everyone I will obviosly be checking in for more insight through out the day. Draft starts at 8pm(MT). I'll certainly hear everyone out until then so keep it coming!
we're kinda smart here:suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't reach for Henne. He's a short term solution at best and unless someone else in your league is hurting at QB, you should be safe.
Is Cutler available?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take RB at 1. Get Henne now.

Jrhammer56

Hoopla Cash
$ 903.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't reach for Henne. He's a short term solution at best and unless someone else in your league is hurting at QB, you should be safe.
Is Cutler available?
Im fairly certain that everyone in my league is hurting when it comes to QB. It is a 16 team 2 QB keeper leaugue. They are not easy to come by.

No Cutler.

Surprisling though someone dumped Eli and the thought had crossed my mind to grab him to, but i'm trying to look long term or at least longer than what I think Eli has left in the tank.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im fairly certain that everyone in my league is hurting when it comes to QB. It is a 16 team 2 QB keeper leaugue. They are not easy to come by.

No Cutler.

Surprisling though someone dumped Eli and the thought had crossed my mind to grab him to, but i'm trying to look long term or at least longer than what I think Eli has left in the tank.

Henne will be the day 1 starter in Jacksonville. I would bet on that. If Henne wins the job, Bortles won't be on their roster. It is dangerous to think of him as a back up.

If you miss on Henne you will almost certainly have the top pick again next year when there are some legitimate stud franchise QBs, because you will have 0 QBs in a 2 QB league. Maybe you should just worry about shoring everything else up until then.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Cutler.

forget long term, get something that works for now get eli

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henne will be the day 1 starter in Jacksonville. I would bet on that. If Henne wins the job, Bortles won't be on their roster. It is dangerous to think of him as a back up.

If you miss on Henne you will almost certainly have the top pick again next year when there are some legitimate stud franchise QBs, because you will have 0 QBs in a 2 QB league. Maybe you should just worry about shoring everything else up until then.
pick up eli!

Jrhammer56

Hoopla Cash
$ 903.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eli has at least a few years left
Its certainly an option, and it does sound crazy to pass on. Just trying to think about Dynasty players. Eli I think does have a few more in em I suppose. My luck ill pick him up and then that 199 consecutive streak will end

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli's Coming!

snlmay53.gif

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its certainly an option, and it does sound crazy to pass on. Just trying to think about Dynasty players. Eli I think does have a few more in em I suppose. My luck ill pick him up and then that 199 consecutive streak will end

I'm confused... is he an eligible free agent that you can add right now as a keeper? Or do you mean you have to draft him?

Jrhammer56

Hoopla Cash
$ 903.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused... is he an eligible free agent that you can add right now as a keeper? Or do you mean you have to draft him?
No he was a keeper from last year that someone dropped. Only way to get him at this point is to draft him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think your best bet is draft the rookie RB you like the best this year, do what you can to shore up the QB situation ( Henning, Eli if he's still their for you round 2...unlikely) then take your lumps this season. Next season supposedly is a much better draft for QBs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forget long term, get something that works for now get eli

Couldn't disagree more.

He is picking first, probably because his team wasn't that great last year. Eli is bandaid.

With the top pick, I want a core piece I can build around for a long time. Eli would get him a few wins, but you don't want to be average in a dynasty league.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more.

He is picking first, probably because his team wasn't that great last year. Eli is bandaid.

With the top pick, I want a core piece I can build around for a long time. Eli would get him a few wins, but you don't want to be average in a dynasty league.
exactly you take the rb and make a deal for a wr u don't take a lesser player

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more.

I agree, Eli would hurt him overall, and doubtful he's enough to make a difference between a look towards tomorrow team, and a win now team.