• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Defense

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they feel disrespected and play like it on Sunday. The Seahawks' defense is getting all of the attention (and understandably so, to some extent), but I think that our defensive players are going to come out PISSED and want to show how good they can play. We'll see what happens on Super Bowl Sunday, but I'm expecting our boys to come out FIRED UP!

Go Broncos!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they feel disrespected and play like it on Sunday. The Seahawks' defense is getting all of the attention (and understandably so, to some extent), but I think that our defensive players are going to come out PISSED and want to show how good they can play. We'll see what happens on Super Bowl Sunday, but I'm expecting our boys to come out FIRED UP!

Go Broncos!!

So much talk in recent years about a team getting hot at the right time and winning the SB. Looks as if our defense has a good chance to pull that off this year. I really think that the balanced offensive attack that we've used in the playoffs has helped the defense. Hope to see the same on Sunday.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin has me nervous. He could be an X factor that spreads the defense out. I imagine they will trying to utilize him early in several ways. I am sure they see that the Broncos run defense is stout. I doubt they will just come out and try to just shove Lynch down the throat. They are very well aware of Knighton.

They will probably try to attack the edges with Harvin. Try and take advantage of no Miller. Broncos I think are a bit vulnerable on the edge. Chargers, when they beat the Broncos really exploited the edge with Ryan Matthews. They may try to get Knighton running from sideline to sideline. Planning on wearing them down and then using Lynch late in the game.

I doubt they will put the game in Wilsons hands, other than using him in key 3rd downs. They will probably running bootleg etc with him. They will even run that on 3rd and long. He will be a problem.

I am hoping Champ is ready. He has real tackling skills, and it will be needed in this game I think.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin has me nervous. He could be an X factor that spreads the defense out. I imagine they will trying to utilize him early in several ways. I am sure they see that the Broncos run defense is stout. I doubt they will just come out and try to just shove Lynch down the throat. They are very well aware of Knighton.

They will probably try to attack the edges with Harvin. Try and take advantage of no Miller. Broncos I think are a bit vulnerable on the edge. Chargers, when they beat the Broncos really exploited the edge with Ryan Matthews. They may try to get Knighton running from sideline to sideline. Planning on wearing them down and then using Lynch late in the game.

I doubt they will put the game in Wilsons hands, other than using him in key 3rd downs. They will probably running bootleg etc with him. They will even run that on 3rd and long. He will be a problem.

I am hoping Champ is ready. He has real tackling skills, and it will be needed in this game I think.

Well thankfully Lynch is not Matthews. His talent is up the middle between the tackles. I think I saw in the Saints game the Seahawks only gained like 2 yards outside of the tackles. So I think the only two people we have to worry about attacking the edges would be Wilson and Harvin. I can see Seattle trying to do some end around stuff with Harvin early to try and catch the Broncos off guard but from what I understand the Broncos have been practicing with that in mind.

I agree Harvin is the unknown since there is so little tape. Him being out most of the year though could be harmful to Seattle considering it can throw off timing. I doubt at least the Broncos have to worry too much about Harvin going deep as that is a timing route between quarterback and receiver.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thankfully Lynch is not Matthews. His talent is up the middle between the tackles. I think I saw in the Saints game the Seahawks only gained like 2 yards outside of the tackles. So I think the only two people we have to worry about attacking the edges would be Wilson and Harvin. I can see Seattle trying to do some end around stuff with Harvin early to try and catch the Broncos off guard but from what I understand the Broncos have been practicing with that in mind.

I agree Harvin is the unknown since there is so little tape. Him being out most of the year though could be harmful to Seattle considering it can throw off timing. I doubt at least the Broncos have to worry too much about Harvin going deep as that is a timing route between quarterback and receiver.

Not to mention San Diego didn't get the rushing yards from the edge in the playoff game that they got in the regular season loss. I'd be more worried if SD did that to us in the playoffs too, but their running game was pretty well bottled up no matter which direction they went. Denver defense the past month has been VERY GOOD, and I see no reason that should change. A game played 7 weeks ago (with a flat team to boot) would have little bearing on what weaknesses Denver has now IMO.

Harvin poses a threat mainly because there's almost no information on how Seattle would use him. Our Special Teams coverage will need to be on the ball.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Harvin worries me also, but more so in return game. I think they`ll handle him on offense but I know my butts going to pucker when I see him back there fielding a kick. I`d aim for sidelines early on at least. I also would just love to see our D dominate this game and watch all the experts/players struggle to remove the feet out of their mouths. I`am more excited to see how Denvers D does in this game.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Harvin they have a bit of a deep threat and While Russel Wilson has not exactly been chucking the ball in the playoffs, they do run play-action pretty well with that running game and Wilson is good at the high-low zone read. If he sees one on one with Harvin they may take a few shots down field.

I think DRC can stay with Harvin and as long as we don't make any mistakes out there or blow overages, we should be able to contain their deep ball threat and contain the edges.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Harvin they have a bit of a deep threat and While Russel Wilson has not exactly been chucking the ball in the playoffs, they do run play-action pretty well with that running game and Wilson is good at the high-low zone read. If he sees one on one with Harvin they may take a few shots down field.

I think DRC can stay with Harvin and as long as we don't make any mistakes out there or blow overages, we should be able to contain their deep ball threat and contain the edges.

The zone read has me concerned, with the Harvin factor in there. I think the defense has finally addressed (I cannot tell you how long I have been wanting this) the problem with no penetration in the middle. Knighton was sure one hell of a pick up. He has a lot better pass rushing skills than I thought he would ever have.

More importantly, against the running teams, he is a mountain. He simply does not get pushed, and he even penetrates. Other than Manning, I would say he has been the second most valuable player on the team.

I have no real concern about Lynch coming out and gutting the middle. At least not in the first half. My main concern are the edges. Meaning contain on Wilson, and yes Percy Harvin in controlled screens, etc etc. I am certain they are planning on trying to wear down pot roast by getting to him to run side to side a lot with good dose of zone read. That will hurt the Broncos a few times in the game. Like I mentioned, I am looking forward to Champ playing out of his mind. In fact, I would say Champ Bailey is largely being over looked from all the prognosticators. He could be more valuable than many think.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver defense has really stepped up playoff time and hopefully the offense can stay on the field to help that defense out. Containing Wilson running the ball and PA passes with deep throws are a big concern. Harvin's speed as well is a big concern. Lynch will probally get his but Denver cant give up the big run to Lynch like the 49ers did. Like Ive said before even with the injuries which I never used as an excuse because thats what it is an excuse the defense does still have the talent to help the Broncos become Superbowl champs and so far in the playoffs they have proven it.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The zone read has me concerned, with the Harvin factor in there. I think the defense has finally addressed (I cannot tell you how long I have been wanting this) the problem with no penetration in the middle. Knighton was sure one hell of a pick up. He has a lot better pass rushing skills than I thought he would ever have.

More importantly, against the running teams, he is a mountain. He simply does not get pushed, and he even penetrates. Other than Manning, I would say he has been the second most valuable player on the team.

I have no real concern about Lynch coming out and gutting the middle. At least not in the first half. My main concern are the edges. Meaning contain on Wilson, and yes Percy Harvin in controlled screens, etc etc. I am certain they are planning on trying to wear down pot roast by getting to him to run side to side a lot with good dose of zone read. That will hurt the Broncos a few times in the game. Like I mentioned, I am looking forward to Champ playing out of his mind. In fact, I would say Champ Bailey is largely being over looked from all the prognosticators. He could be more valuable than many think.
fortunately, people seem to forget that Champ Bailey is a pretty prolific pass interceptor, far more than most have been in their careers. I'm glad that he is little more than an afterthought at this point.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not underestimating the Denver defense at all. They remind me of the Colt's run to the Superbowl when that defense was ranked near the bottom 5 in almost every category in the regular season and then come playoff time played lights out all the way to Peyton's first ring.

This is gonna be an amazing game. I feel like Denver is going to be able to put up some points on Seattle despite the great d so the Seattle offense is going to have to come through big. If Denver's D steps up once again then chances are we are going to lose.

Everyone in Seattle is cautiously optimistic about Percy hoping he can be that game changer...but to be honest he's as much of a question mark to us as he is to you guys. He's really an unknown. He could go out there and have 200 all purpose yards or not make an impact at all.

I can't wait to see the pot roast vs beast mode match up.

Here's to a nice clean game. May the best team come out on top :suds:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not underestimating the Denver defense at all. They remind me of the Colt's run to the Superbowl when that defense was ranked near the bottom 5 in almost every category in the regular season and then come playoff time played lights out all the way to Peyton's first ring.

This is gonna be an amazing game. I feel like Denver is going to be able to put up some points on Seattle despite the great d so the Seattle offense is going to have to come through big. If Denver's D steps up once again then chances are we are going to lose.

Everyone in Seattle is cautiously optimistic about Percy hoping he can be that game changer...but to be honest he's as much of a question mark to us as he is to you guys. He's really an unknown. He could go out there and have 200 all purpose yards or not make an impact at all.

Ya know, theres the weird thing about Percy, almost makes you wonder if he really wants to play football. The time he spent in Minny, it just seemed like he had one excuse after another why he couldn't play. Then in Seattle he didn't step up until they offered/threatened to put him on IR...He just seems like that guy at work that calls in sick all the time and doesn't really want to do what he's doing.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice post. I agree that it figures to be a great game.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, theres the weird thing about Percy, almost makes you wonder if he really wants to play football. The time he spent in Minny, it just seemed like he had one excuse after another why he couldn't play. Then in Seattle he didn't step up until they offered/threatened to put him on IR...He just seems like that guy at work that calls in sick all the time and doesn't really want to do what he's doing.

The guy has been injury prone. For whatever reason you want to attribute it to whether it's him just going too hard all the time putting himself at more risk for injury or him being more fragile and prone to injury than the average player...but there's no questioning his motor and his drive to play football.

We'll see on Sunday how he does and how he performs in the years to come.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They pretty much use a zone blocking scheme for their run game and Lynch will usually make his read and either cut back to the b gap or the line shifts and what looks like a cutback is him actually hitting his first read on the A or B gap.

While the Broncos coaching staff should be very familiar with this (Houston ran the same running scheme and we shut them down pretty good, but Jones is not Lynch) the wrinkle is Wilson and his ability to keep the ball on the read and get oustide.

Not worried so much about Lynch on the edge as I am containment on Wilson and not letting him get loose.

Denver D did pretty well against mobile running QB's this season and teams with good running games with the exception of San Diego in the regular season.

If we keep Lynch under 100 and contain Wilson, this game is in Denver's control. Get out to an early lead and never let the foot off the pedal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has been injury prone. For whatever reason you want to attribute it to whether it's him just going too hard all the time putting himself at more risk for injury or him being more fragile and prone to injury than the average player...but there's no questioning his motor and his drive to play football.

We'll see on Sunday how he does and how he performs in the years to come.

I think when it comes to Harvin it is a mix of both. He has obviously had issues with coaching staffs and in Minnesota they questioned his desire to play football on a regular basis. I could understand if it was with just one coaching staff but it ended up being over a couple of them.

On the other hand though he does play on what many consider the most dangerous plays in football with kick off and punt return duties (although not sure he is doing punt return in this game) throw in then the end around plays and screen game where players can get lit up. So it is understandable when a guy is being asked to take on more than just the one duty of being a receiver he opens himself up for more opportunities to get hurt.

He definitely is the big question mark though for both sides. If nothing else at least for the Seahawks the Broncos have to focus on what he is doing on the field when he is on the field.