• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarcus Lawrence looking for 17 million

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am in no means comparing him to Von Miller but Von got his big contract when he was 27, DLaw is about to be 27. His previous two years he had 25 sacks total, that's what Dlawrence has done. Plus contracts are inflating so really if players are getting overpaid, that's just how it works. $20-22 seems fair. If the Cowboys offered $20/year and he is really crying bc he wants 22.5...that is kinda bs but he is one of the best pass rushers and still young so
He also has a partially torn labrum and refuses to go under the knife until he has a new contract.

Think about that. Won't get a surgery that has a 4 month recovery in order to force a new contract. Doesn't sound like the guy I want on my team. he has a couple of weeks to get it fixed or miss part of training camp.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has a partially torn labrum and refuses to go under the knife until he has a new contract.

Think about that. Won't get a surgery that has a 4 month recovery in order to force a new contract. Doesn't sound like the guy I want on my team. he has a couple of weeks to get it fixed or miss part of training camp.

I concur.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 22.5M. Seems like too much. Between what he is seeking and what Dak is seeking, that would be around 25% of the cap for only around 4% of the roster. That leaves Zeke and Copper out of the the picture and they already eat about 12% of the cap without deals. Toss Smith and Martin in there and you got 53% of the cap invested in 6 players or about 11% of your roster. Seems like if these guys want to be on teams that can win, they'd be a little less greedy. Really, sounds like we should have locked him up last year when he wanted $17M/yr, thats less than the tag price this year.

If there wasn't a cap, I'm sure Jones would have no issue paying all these guys.
Maybe Jerry should manage the salary cap better.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Why not? You don’t think that’s a reasonable position to take? I’d do the same exact thing if I were he.

A 4-month recovery is nothing. So he might miss a couple of games before he’s ready; you’ll then have him for 5 years. If you’re worried he’ll never be the same afterwards, I don’t think a partially-torn labrum is career-threatening.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? You don’t think that’s a reasonable position to take? I’d do the same exact thing if I were he.

A 4-month recovery is nothing. So he might miss a couple of games before he’s ready; you’ll then have him for 5 years. If you’re worried he’ll never be the same afterwards, I don’t think a partially-torn labrum is career-threatening.
You would refuse to fix your body to try to force a contract? I find that hard to believe. No team is going to say "wait, if I don't sign you today then you will games? Ok then, here is your money."

Dallas cuts him right now and he is hosed. Between less money in the market and the fact he gets no OTA's and might miss part of TC...good luck getting $20M unless it is in name only with only like $40M guanteed over 5 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True but he should have paid a long time ago. I think if this would have been settled sooner rather than later they would have already locked him up long-term. The surgery wouldn't have been a problem then.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You would refuse to fix your body to try to force a contract? I find that hard to believe. No team is going to say "wait, if I don't sign you today then you will games? Ok then, here is your money."

Dallas cuts him right now and he is hosed. Between less money in the market and the fact he gets no OTA's and might miss part of TC...good luck getting $20M unless it is in name only with only like $40M guanteed over 5 years.

I’ve had a torn labrum; it’s not a huge deal. Yes, I’d do the contact first.

If Dallas cuts him, he’ll get more money than Justin Houston got IMO.