• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarco Murray

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you see with Murray that I didn't in December?
Murray is 29. I admit he probably won't get any better.
That said, in standard scoring leagues he was the 13th-best RB last year.
Still pretty good if you ask me (since most leagues carry 2 RB).

If you break the league into halves, Murray was the 8th-best back during the last 8 games.
Even with a non-spectacular December!
A December which included DEN, KC, JAX and HOU.
Maybe JAX is the softest of the group and he should have done better, but divisional games can be hinky.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I do not think that at all. Jonas Grey was playing the colts, a team whose been abused by RBs for a long time. I have done my player studies a little differently this time. Often, the matchup does dictate the performance but not all the time. No one runs the same kind of scheme every play so if the team has a history of being burned by a deep threat, there will be a chance to do so that game depending on the type of team. Same as pass rush, depends on oline and running game.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is 29. I admit he probably won't get any better.
That said, in standard scoring leagues he was the 13th-best RB last year.
Still pretty good if you ask me (since most leagues carry 2 RB).

If you break the league into halves, Murray was the 8th-best back during the last 8 games.
Even with a non-spectacular December!
A December which included DEN, KC, JAX and HOU.
Maybe JAX is the softest of the group and he should have done better, but divisional games can be hinky.

That didn't stop Henry from scoring two TDs against KC. Murray had the all-purpose yards against KC, but he got vultured. He scored against Denver too. He was disappointing against Jacksonville.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I do not think that at all. Jonas Grey was playing the colts, a team whose been abused by RBs for a long time. I have done my player studies a little differently this time. Often, the matchup does dictate the performance but not all the time. No one runs the same kind of scheme every play so if the team has a history of being burned by a deep threat, there will be a chance to do so that game depending on the type of team. Same as pass rush, depends on oline and running game.
:doh: Jonas Gray was a hypothetical, indicative of your general thought process

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think I don't know NE runs a unpredictable backfield and any back could succeed in that system? I have never said Gray was a good RB.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say again. ..

And I said no defense runs the same scheme every play. If a defense has been lit up in a season by a deep threat, RB, short passing game, etc. the odds are they will continue to do so unless the opponent is below average. Home and road factors as well.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I said no defense runs the same scheme every play. If a defense has been lit up in a season by a deep threat, RB, short passing game, etc. the odds are they will continue to do so unless the opponent is below average. Home and road factors as well.
I can see your completely missing the point.. so enjoy your evening

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see your completely missing the point.. so enjoy your evening

Yes missing the point. My research this year has involved looking into the number one receiver, number two receiver, slot receiver, deep threats, possession receivers, versatile receivers that can line up out wide and in the slot. Some CBs will always stay on the outside like Sherman and others are shifty. And even looking a number one deep threats vs number two deep threats(if number one is a outside possession). I'm looking at all those intangibles this time. With RBs, I'm looking at bruisers, satellites, change of pace(the RB that throws off the defense, though not all of them). Pass rush? I'm looking at how that affects throwing deep or outside. When it comes to emotional games, they are usually division. And three days rest are also hard to predict as what did not do well Sunday probably does better Thursday.

And I'm planning to watch those NFL network breakdown shows if I can to prove my point.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes missing the point. My research this year has involved looking into the number one receiver, number two receiver, slot receiver, deep threats, possession receivers, versatile receivers that can line up out wide and in the slot. Some CBs will always stay on the outside like Sherman and others are shifty. And even looking a number one deep threats vs number two deep threats(if number one is a outside possession). I'm looking at all those intangibles this time. With RBs, I'm looking at bruisers, satellites, change of pace(the RB that throws off the defense, though not all of them). Pass rush? I'm looking at how that affects throwing deep or outside. When it comes to emotional games, they are usually division. And three days rest are also hard to predict as what did not do well Sunday probably does better Thursday.

And I'm planning to watch those NFL network breakdown shows if I can to prove my point.
Well, good, glad our little chat about the exact same thing well start paying you dividends, good luck

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't stop Henry from scoring two TDs against KC. Murray had the all-purpose yards against KC, but he got vultured. He scored against Denver too. He was disappointing against Jacksonville.
Your research is commendable.
But who vultured what doesn't always tell the whole story.

If Murray is on the field for 81% of the Titans' offense (and he was), then, it's safe to say he will eventually get tired and come off the field for a breather. (Derrick Henry played on 25% of the Titans snaps.) If that "breather" happens to be at a time when the Titans will score, then thems the breaks.

It may not be by design. It could just be the way the flow of the game, and the time he had already had been on the field created the opportunity for Henry. I guess we'll all believe what we want to see in these situations.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ppl on this board touted jonas gray......

That was me and Foot. I think I had him ranked as an RB2. Then Foot blew me away and ranked him 1(or maybe top three).