• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DEGA!! Busch race

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully there will be a better race tomorrow in the cup, but I am not holding my breath. I'll be checking in on the IRL race in San Paolo Brazil as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Tiger and Kahne stated the same thing. But this is the backward bastards in NASCAR and Brian France is going to kill the sport his granddad started.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Tiger and Kahne stated the same thing. But this is the backward bastards in NASCAR and Brian France is going to kill the sport his granddad started.

yup. Crying shame.

Can I ask, how old are you? Just curious about how far back your racing goes. It helps me to relate.

I'm 42 btw

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger, I am 56 and I started watching NASCAR when it was small mostly southern sport when a guy named Richard Petty and his father Lee were killing everyone. I saw my first race, the Southern 500 when I was just 4 years old and have been hooked ever since. I am a big Petty fan and hope Dodge comes back in a big way next year and hook up with Richard again. I've seen a lot of races and watched just about everything there is. So, yea, I am one of those quinntessential motor heads that loves any form of racing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to meet you and I'll be on this board tomorrow during the cup race.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger, I am 56 and I started watching NASCAR when it was small mostly southern sport when a guy named Richard Petty and his father Lee were killing everyone. I saw my first race, the Southern 500 when I was just 4 years old and have been hooked ever since. I am a big Petty fan and hope Dodge comes back in a big way next year and hook up with Richard again. I've seen a lot of races and watched just about everything there is. So, yea, I am one of those quinntessential motor heads that loves any form of racing.

Well, you go back just a little further than I do, but we share something in common: My first race was the Southern 500 as well. Lake Speed won it. That was definitely the hook for me but I had been listening to races on the radio for years before I was allowed to go. My family has been into racing since back in the days you're talking about. My granddaddy started it all and it has been handed down from him. I have pics of him and a few of my great aunts uncles at Darlington and Daytona back in the early 50's. Cool stuff.

And yea, I should be on here tomorrow as well. I'm trying to prep some ground for an above ground pool, so I may be shoveling sand most of the day. We'll see .....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you have a rich family history with NASCAR which is a good thing. The Southern 500 I watched, Jimmie Reed won it and it was his last race. A young upstart named Richard Petty with that Petty blue 43 was fourth and I believe Lee, his dad finished 20th or so. Yet I got all of the memorabila with the diecast collections and stuff. They are in boxes all over the place.

I have to prep for my classes on Monday (I teach at a local college here in Phoenix) so one of us will get the thread going. We will try to get others to join in perhaps.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, you're just 56?

Honestly thought you were 60/61. You know, I figured the 52 in Retro52 was the year you were born.

Anyways I remember those early years with Richard Petty too.

By the way, I saw the dude a couple of years back. He came in to the Outback Steakhouse after my wife and I had already sat down to eat. It's the Outback near the Fontana Speedway. The King is a super cool dude and he sat a booth or so away and behind us. Although several went up to him to get his autograph and chat interrupting his dinner he was super friendly with all. I gave a nod as we walked past and he gave a tip of his hat. Like I said, super cool dude.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, you're just 56?

Honestly thought you were 60/61. You know, I figured the 52 in Retro52 was the year you were born.

Anyways I remember those early years with Richard Petty too.

By the way, I saw the dude a couple of years back. He came in to the Outback Steakhouse after my wife and I had already sat down to eat. It's the Outback near the Fontana Speedway. The King is a super cool dude and he sat a booth or so away and behind us. Although several went up to him to get his autograph and chat interrupting his dinner he was super friendly with all. I gave a nod as we walked past and he gave a tip of his hat. Like I said, super cool dude.

Old school drivers were pretty cool. Kyle Petty came into an Applebee's I was opening in Conway, SC once and he was just like you say Richard was. he accommodated the few who interrupted his dinner with a smile and I did about the same as you, just walked by with a grin and a nod. Even though I was suppose to talk to and check on the tables, I figured the guy had been bothered enough.

I was working at an Applebee's in Columbia, SC when the Wood brothers came in and I did interrupt them. No one else in the joint had any idea who they were so I was the only interruption. Really nice guys.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita. Not bad deduction. The 52 on my ID is my high school and one year of college footbal jersey number. I played center and LB in high school and LB in college and then gave it up after a year for weightlifting. I was born in 1956.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 22 on my name is not the year I was born:laugh3:, it is just my IQ:scratch:, I started watching NASCAR in the mid 60s and my favorite track was the road coarse at Riverside. Petty and Allison, Gale and Pearson racing through the S curves into turn 6. I stayed overnight in the infield and wondered how lucky I was to see the best in the world 10 feet in front of me in the turns. I love NASCAR. Kurt Busch is my favorite driver now but by far Richard Petty was when I was growing up.:suds: