• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflategate - Capt. Clueless strikes again

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit click to expand. I put it in bold. I live in Seahawk country. :L

My bad, I never even noticed "expand"...I apologize.

The stuff you asked about has been discussed here on CSN and NESN shows like "Sunday Night Sports", Sorts Tonight" and "Sports Week". Local radio shows have discussed it off and on because every other day there's some blip about deflategate or Goodell. The papers like the Globe and Herald sort of mention it in small side notices but don't go into extensive detail because they're waiting on "Official" NFL announcements.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell (the weatherman) is waiting to see "which way the wind is blowing"......

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio says this has to be done before the draft to see if NE losses any draft picks....this goes up my ass. Any other team its a fine. If it has Patriots attached to it, it's draft picks. SMH.....text during a game, it's a fine. Ball's deflated a tick under, and no proof that the Refs even checked the balls before the game, lose draft picks....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio says this has to be done before the draft to see if NE losses any draft picks....this goes up my ass. Any other team its a fine. If it has Patriots attached to it, it's draft picks. SMH.....text during a game, it's a fine. Ball's deflated a tick under, and no proof that the Refs even checked the balls before the game, lose draft picks....
Get over it, they are pandering to haters.
There was an article today about an ex-Patriot player, involved in a "Ponzi scheme" turns out he played 11 years in the NFL for Miami and ? and never played a game for the Pats. They called him an ex-patriots player because he was signed and never made the team.....

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The minute the NFL determined that one of they own officials, without authorization, took game balls out of play and substituted others, the investigation should have been over. The evidence is now tainted and unreliable.

The investigation is a joke. And everyone, but Schefter, tried to declare the Patriots guilty.

An NFL official has been fired after he stole one of the footballs used during the AFC Championship Game and sold it for profit, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Schefter broke that news on ESPN on Wednesday afternoon, stating that the league employee had been in charge of collecting footballs so that they may be sold for charity. The investigation apparently revealed that this yet-to-be-named NFL employee had been selling footballs on his own for profit.

Report: NFL Official Fired For Selling DeflateGate Football For Personal Profit CBS Boston

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it, they are pandering to haters.
There was an article today about an ex-Patriot player, involved in a "Ponzi scheme" turns out he played 11 years in the NFL for Miami and ? and never played a game for the Pats. They called him an ex-patriots player because he was signed and never made the team.....

because the media knows damn well that if you can tie someone to the Pats the story sells better. Would anyone give a shit if a player like that was tied to Tampa or Buffalo or Tennessee? I don't think so. But tie someone to the Pats and you got a shitstorm.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL can't just take away a draft pick because they "think" the Patriots are guilty of something. The have to have proof. Even having a sting operation with multiple cameras and people watching everything, they have nothing. What they have is an NFL Official stealing balls and they have him on video giving the Patriot's ball attendant a kicking ball to send into the game. They have endless film of a ball bag laying undisturbed on the ground except when the official stole a couple.

Johnathan Kraft pretty much painted Goodell into a corner. He basically told the NFL that they best have solid evidence of wrong doing and no supposed anything. Pretty much it has to be concrete evidence or it'll concrete blocks around Goodell's ankles.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL can't just take away a draft pick because they "think" the Patriots are guilty of something. The have to have proof. Even having a sting operation with multiple cameras and people watching everything, they have nothing. What they have is an NFL Official stealing balls and they have him on video giving the Patriot's ball attendant a kicking ball to send into the game. They have endless film of a ball bag laying undisturbed on the ground except when the official stole a couple.

Johnathan Kraft pretty much painted Goodell into a corner. He basically told the NFL that they best have solid evidence of wrong doing and no supposed anything. Pretty much it has to be concrete evidence or it'll concrete blocks around Goodell's ankles.

Goofdell

th

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The minute the NFL determined that one of they own officials, without authorization, took game balls out of play and substituted others, the investigation should have been over. The evidence is now tainted and unreliable.

The investigation is a joke. And everyone, but Schefter, tried to declare the Patriots guilty.

An NFL official has been fired after he stole one of the footballs used during the AFC Championship Game and sold it for profit, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Schefter broke that news on ESPN on Wednesday afternoon, stating that the league employee had been in charge of collecting footballs so that they may be sold for charity. The investigation apparently revealed that this yet-to-be-named NFL employee had been selling footballs on his own for profit.

Report: NFL Official Fired For Selling DeflateGate Football For Personal Profit CBS Boston
They keep investigating for 2 reasons:
1) The Patriots did nothing wrong and they have to show due diligence or the fans will freak. Goodel blew the Ray Rice incident because they did not look deep enough.
2) They keep looking because they keep finding more layers.
a) Colts screwed with the deflated football
b) Kensil set this up
c) Jets official leaked to the media - selectively!
d) officials selling balls - this was not the first time
e) officials putting unapproved balls into the game and probably other games
f) Pagano and Grigson set this up with Kensil
g) ESPN reporter married to Jets official who conspired with Kensil
h) League tried to get Pats to take the fall
I) last but not least - Pats fans demand the truth!
Keep digging - bring the truth to the surface.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because the media knows damn well that if you can tie someone to the Pats the story sells better. Would anyone give a shit if a player like that was tied to Tampa or Buffalo or Tennessee? I don't think so. But tie someone to the Pats and you got a shitstorm.
.....I agree,tex,......something tells me that the "verdict" will conveniently come-out the beginning of draft-week,.....I'm sure an Xtra bonus went out to mr. Well's to *cough* look for one more key witness (a cheerleader ?) to prolong this 911/like investigation.......!?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I agree,tex,......something tells me that the "verdict" will conveniently come-out the beginning of draft-week,.....I'm sure an Xtra bonus went out to mr. Well's to *cough* look for one more key witness (a cheerleader ?) to prolong this 911/like investigation.......!?

I have no doubt there is some 'shenanigans' going on. It should not take this long for a report on footballs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Curran of CSN reported on Sports Tonight that Ted Wells and his investigative team made a second pass through Gillette last week. They interviewed and re-interviewed a number of Patriots staff and employees. Curran stated outright that he believes that somehow, there will be at least a miniscule charge against the Patriots, if only to allow the haters to breathe easier in their belief that the Patriots somehow cheated their way to another Super Bowl victory.

He doesn't think the results of the investigation will come for a long, long time. I personally don't think they're going to come up with anything. There's so much video and eye witnesses that they will have to have concrete evidence from undoctored video because if they have video from one angle, there has to be video from at least two others.

I predict that the NFL will announce that there was no evidence of foul play or mishandling of the balls. That the one ball that was reported as being at 10.5 psi was actually XX.X psi and that there could not be anything found to lead the league to find that the ball was tampered with. I don't think Goodell wants to get into potential legal pissing contest with Johnathan Kraft with a flimsy or questionable accusation of wrong doing.

The announcement will be Friday November 27th at 5:30 PM.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Curran of CSN reported on Sports Tonight that Ted Wells and his investigative team made a second pass through Gillette last week. They interviewed and re-interviewed a number of Patriots staff and employees. Curran stated outright that he believes that somehow, there will be at least a miniscule charge against the Patriots, if only to allow the haters to breathe easier in their belief that the Patriots somehow cheated their way to another Super Bowl victory.

He doesn't think the results of the investigation will come for a long, long time. I personally don't think they're going to come up with anything. There's so much video and eye witnesses that they will have to have concrete evidence from undoctored video because if they have video from one angle, there has to be video from at least two others.

I predict that the NFL will announce that there was no evidence of foul play or mishandling of the balls. That the one ball that was reported as being at 10.5 psi was actually XX.X psi and that there could not be anything found to lead the league to find that the ball was tampered with. I don't think Goodell wants to get into potential legal pissing contest with Johnathan Kraft with a flimsy or questionable accusation of wrong doing.

The announcement will be Friday November 27th at 5:30 PM.

well then..hope everyone would have had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday marks the three-month anniversary of the AFC title game, which sparked the #DeflateGate scandal. And there’s still no resolution to the question of whether the Patriots used footballs that became accidentally or deliberately underinflated.
Upon hiring Ted Wells to participate in the investigation, the NFL placed no timetable upon the project. His prior effort on behalf of the NFL (the Dolphins bullying scandal) resulted in a full report roughly 3.5 months after Jonathan Martin left the team. And that appeared to be a much more complicated situation.
It’s unclear why Wells hasn’t finished his work yet in this specific case. As a reader has pointed out, it’s unlikely that Wells will release his report before next Thursday, when the Patriots visit the White House to celebrate their latest Super Bowl win. Even if the report fully and completely exonerates the Patriots, putting the issue back on the front burner as the Patriots prepare to hang out in the Rose Garden with the Commander-in-Chief would add a degree of awkwardness that neither the NFL nor the administration would appreciate.
If the report will be issued before the draft, that leaves a fairly narrow window for getting it done, assuming the penalty will include the removal of 2015 draft picks. Even if it doesn’t, the Patriots need to know whether they’ll have their full complement of picks as they finalize their plans for the draft. At some point, they’ll have to just assume they do — unless and until they find out that they don’t.

I could care less about the visit to the White House. But I am all for Goofdell feeling awkward at any time.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid deflategate joke at the ACM's last night. Not that the Pats need any bulletin board material but they do play Dallas at AT&T stadium this year.:nono: I'm sure the Pats will show Tony the balls of a Super Bowl champion. :pound:

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid deflategate joke at the ACM's last night. Not that the Pats need any bulletin board material but they do play Dallas at AT&T stadium this year.:nono: I'm sure the Pats will show Tony the balls of a Super Bowl champion. :pound:

Just saw that. Not sure how players/coaches are making jokes about it, towards NE. It only makes them look stupid/hateful. Curious how he will feel when it shows NE did nothing wrong.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that. Not sure how players/coaches are making jokes about it, towards NE. It only makes them look stupid/hateful. Curious how he will feel when it shows NE did nothing wrong.

I watched most of the show and couldn't believe they'd stoop to that level. Like you said they will be looked at as being stupid and hateful.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be sensitive. It was a flimsy one-liner. Tony is not a comedian. He gets paid to drop balls in big games.....