• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense still matters

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is why Tosh should get demoted or fired. STUPIDITY!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

They shut y'all down completely in the second half....heck, they kept y'all from entering the endzone ever again after the 1st qtr.

If you look at Tua's numbers and Lawrence's numbers....they are almost equal....except for those 2 picks.

The Clemson defense WAS the factor in the game and YES...they WERE that good!

Dude, this noob is Bama's version of Across The Field........

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it does, but I don't think defense won that game. Clemson crushed Bama's fight with pretty crushing big plays. No matter how good a defense is in today's CFB, if an offense is clicking on all cylinders it's pretty hard to stop.
Eh the Defense held Clemson to 37 points (pick 6). Alabama's last 4 red zone drives netted just 3 points. If you change that to just 20 points Alabama is sitting at 33. No way am I saying they win. But the Clemson defense is what made the difference and Alabama themselves made some boneheaded calls and plays (false start at the 1 and Fake FG).

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf man. its called conditioning. and no. bama got taken to the wood shed yesterday. nothing more.
Saban was outcoached. The Bama running game was gashing the Clemson D, and he all but inexplicably abandoned it. Bama defenders looked lost much of the time, and the Clemson D had the passing game stopped cold, save for a couple big plays.

Just outcoached - both teams pretty equal in talent and conditioning. Coaching, or lack thereof, made the difference.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just outcoached - both teams pretty equal in talent and conditioning. Coaching, or lack thereof, made the difference.

ive read that a bit today and am not sure what saban saw or what motivated him to force the passing game more.

what i was wanting last night is i would have made the qb switch a lot sooner. its not like bama didn't have a ready to step in qb chomping at the bit. but by the time hurts got in the game, it was over already.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. At the start of the year, I definitely had defense doubts. Mack Wilson isn't quite smart enough or consistent enough to run that defense and the secondary was very young. They kept getting better, but I never thought they were where they needed to be.

The senior class has two national championships and three SEC championships. Nothing to sneeze at but this loss will feed next year's team.

RTR!