• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense still matters

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was evidently clear tonight that Clemson had the best defense in the red area. It won the game easily for them. Enjoy it Clemson fans those boys put in work.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense sucked all year. We just jumped up by so much on everyone it didnt matter.

Mack Wilson sucked all year, he needs to come back and HAS to get better.

Tosh Lupoi is a dumbass. WHO THE FUCK RUNS A DL STUNT ON YOUR OWN 1 YARD LINE??

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense sucked all year. We just jumped up by so much on everyone it didnt matter.

I have faith Alabama can get it fixed. This team replaced a lot of starters on defense this year and Clemson had a great bunch coming back. Lupoi to me was always a bad hire at the position but for recruiting reasons he was who was chosen. Hopefully he improves or Saban makes a change.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith Alabama can get it fixed. This team replaced a lot of starters on defense this year and Clemson had a great bunch coming back. Lupoi to me was always a bad hire at the position but for recruiting reasons he was who was chosen. Hopefully he improves or Saban makes a change.
Seriously Tosh sucks, great recruiter shitty DC. We need to demote him and let Golding call defense next year.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y'all will be fine and we'll dance again next year. Saban isn't going to let stuff like tonight happen and not fix it.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something that jumps out to me is the lack of development at ILB. We have looked lost so damn much all season long.

Mack Wilson needs to post less on social media and fine tune his craft.

I think this loss is exactly what some of these players needed. I am extremely disappointed in how they played tonight, I'll be even more disappointed next year if they don't go 15-0 next season and truly blow every single team out. No excuse. They've got the talent. Now they've seen they're not the best thing ever. Come back to T-town, go to work. And keep this game on replay 24/7 inside the Mal Moore complex all year.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson had a better defense, better overall team, better coaching and deserved to win. They are a better team, no doubt about it! Something else that matters though (n any given year) is who a team plays in the semis and where the game is played too. Alabama drew the short end of that straw this year by playing OU in the Orange. Too much effort in hot and humid Miami was too much for a team already hampered with a lesser defense. No whining though, as Alabama drew the good straw last year (Clemson in Sugar was less burdensome than OU in Rose for Georgia) and in 2015 (Mich. State in Cotton was less burdensome than OU in Orange for Clemson). Not saying that Alabama would have won if the semi opponents and locations would have been reversed, but it didn't help. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a game with this much at stake sucks bad and does hurt the feels but Clemson just whipped our ass.. Venebals or however you spell it deserves a raise.. Great Plan and Execution ..

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a game with this much at stake sucks bad and does hurt the feels but Clemson just whipped our ass.. Venebals or however you spell it deserves a raise.. Great Plan and Execution ..

Our defensive coaches need to be sent to the gulag.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the D was a crimson carpet much of the evening.

What I find frustrating was that Bama was ripping off gashing runs against Clemson, and yet they kept mixing in passing plays. Did Saban just not see what most of the planet saw?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the D was a crimson carpet much of the evening.

What I find frustrating was that Bama was ripping off gashing runs against Clemson, and yet they kept mixing in passing plays. Did Saban just not see what most of the planet saw?

Pretty much. Of course, it was Murphy’s Law last night. Props to CU, but we made their defense look a LOT better than it was. Just a complete abortion after the 1st quarter.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. He definitely dialed in the right plays at the right times. I thought Bama was a little sluggish. Not sure why but they didn't seem as quick and relentless like they usually do.

I don't think they were giving 100% on some downs and this I found strange for a Saban coached team.

You could see the desperation in Saban's demeanor as the game progressed. He realized his team was mentally beaten before they were physically beaten.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much effort in hot and humid Miami was too much for a team already hampered with a lesser defense. .

wtf man. its called conditioning. and no. bama got taken to the wood shed yesterday. nothing more.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was evidently clear tonight that Clemson had the best defense in the red area. It won the game easily for them. Enjoy it Clemson fans those boys put in work.
I think it does, but I don't think defense won that game. Clemson crushed Bama's fight with pretty crushing big plays. No matter how good a defense is in today's CFB, if an offense is clicking on all cylinders it's pretty hard to stop.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to CU, but we made their defense look a LOT better than it was.

What?

They shut y'all down completely in the second half....heck, they kept y'all from entering the endzone ever again after the 1st qtr.

If you look at Tua's numbers and Lawrence's numbers....they are almost equal....except for those 2 picks.

The Clemson defense WAS the factor in the game and YES...they WERE that good!

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

They shut y'all down completely in the second half....heck, they kept y'all from entering the endzone ever again after the 1st qtr.

If you look at Tua's numbers and Lawrence's numbers....they are almost equal....except for those 2 picks.

The Clemson defense WAS the factor in the game and YES...they WERE that good!

Alabama was running at will on 2 possessions and stopped running (once to the time of a pick). We had a false start at the 1-yard line. Given the yardage, there was no excuse for scoring less than 34 points.

Our defense simply was godawful. No sugarcoating it. People can talk about the NFL talent, but they played without composure and solid effort.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense simply was godawful. No sugarcoating it. People can talk about the NFL talent, but they played without composure and solid effort.

I alluded to this in an earlier post. It sure looked like they were mentally beat before they were physically beat. They looked sluggish....was very surprised by the lack of effort on some plays...early in the game too...very uncharacteristic of a Saban coached team IMO.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This definitely hurt you IMHO. Only really had to play a full nut cuttin' game the last three. (and you jumped out ahead of Oklahoma so much at the beginning that one was only nut cuttin' in spots.)

I said I didn't think the ACC did Clemson any favors getting them battle hardened for the playoffs. Looks like I was referring to the wrong team.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf man. its called conditioning. and no. bama got taken to the wood shed yesterday. nothing more.
I agree. If Alabama was better, they would have overcome it. Not making excuses for Alabama at all, as I also pointed out that Alabama benefited from the same thing in 2015 and 2017. Clemson was better, no doubt about it. I was just pointing out the Committee did no favors for Clemson in 2015, Georgia in 2017 or Alabama in 2018. Just think it is interesting and more than a coincidence.