• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deer meat ground

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone just gave me a couple of lbs of ground deer meat. The natural thought is 'make some chili'....but wifey was wondering if anyone has other methods/dishes for this.

Me, I wonder if anyone has a kick arse chili for it.

Thoughts on either?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Country style gravy and biscuits. Couple of Eggs. Some bacon. Couple pieces of toast.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burgers or meat loaf

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know if it was cut with some pork fat?? If not .. You can add some if you want or the meat will only be good for something like spaghetti, chili, tacos, etc.

If you mince a pound of nice bacon and incorporate that with a pound or so of burger...add a few spices, makes a killer hamburger. As someone said above...add some plain old cheap breakfast sausage... Salt, Pepper and Sage.... Awesome for breakfast or gravy.

Just be careful not to over cook it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adanac

beer.....yes please!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make some chili and add habanero peppers....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know if it was cut with some pork fat?? If not .. You can add some if you want or the meat will only be good for something like spaghetti, chili, tacos, etc.

If you mince a pound of nice bacon and incorporate that with a pound or so of burger...add a few spices, makes a killer hamburger. As someone said above...add some plain old cheap breakfast sausage... Salt, Pepper and Sage.... Awesome for breakfast or gravy.

Just be careful not to over cook it.

This

Definitely add fat if haven't been done so already... pork fat is usually the way to go and makes it taste better. Venison is very lean.

If you're not goin that route, then burgers is probably the best bet, or Breakfast sausage. Breakfast sausage is as easy as buying some sugar-based curing packet and mixing it in the meat with some brown sugar (also add any spices you may like). Tacos are a waste for Venison since it usually incorporates a lot of different tastes that overpower the meat. But I guess that just depends on personal preference.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spaghetti, tacos, chili, etc

it can help to mix it in with beef, too

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This

Definitely add fat if haven't been done so already... pork fat is usually the way to go and makes it taste better. Venison is very lean.

If you're not goin that route, then burgers is probably the best bet, or Breakfast sausage. Breakfast sausage is as easy as buying some sugar-based curing packet and mixing it in the meat with some brown sugar (also add any spices you may like). Tacos are a waste for Venison since it usually incorporates a lot of different tastes that overpower the meat. But I guess that just depends on personal preference.

It would depend if you are using the venison as a free substitute for beef or for the taste of the meat.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would depend if you are using the venison as a free substitute for beef or for the taste of the meat.

Basically what I was getting at with that portion...