• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeAngelo Williams attacking Peyton on Twitter following retirement

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just bad timing on his part. Yes we all know the obvious that Peyton was terrible this last year. The day he announces his retirement after 18 great years in the league is not exactly the moment to be pointing that out in my opinion. Just a pretty classless act. Then the fact that later on he tweeted about how he is a man with lots of class just shows the guy just doesn't know what he is doing and has a level of immaturity about him.
I just read back through all his tweets... And I had it wrong. He responded to someone claiming that PM could still play.

So it wasn't that he was bringing up the subject on his own accord. This thread is a big to do about nothing lol.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just bad timing on his part. Yes we all know the obvious that Peyton was terrible this last year. The day he announces his retirement after 18 great years in the league is not exactly the moment to be pointing that out in my opinion. Just a pretty classless act. Then the fact that later on he tweeted about how he is a man with lots of class just shows the guy just doesn't know what he is doing and has a level of immaturity about him.

And Again, the great big bonus to this all, is DeAngelo Williams being injured for the Steelers postseason games this season, was a huge reason they didnt advance

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a little bit salty, I'd say.
He entered a debate because someone made the claim that PM could play again in 2017. Not salty at all, just stating facts in a debate. Has nothing to do with PM's career.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read back through all his tweets... And I had it wrong. He responded to someone claiming that PM could still play.

So it wasn't that he was bringing up the subject on his own accord. This thread is a big to do about nothing lol.

Again to me just bad timing on his part. Manning has built up a ton of respect in this league. Even when he was playing so bad this year players for the Broncos were sticking up for him left and right. When he came back in during the Chargers game some of the players said "Well now we are winning this game." He just has that presence about him and while yes another year of watching him play probably wouldn't have been that great to watch he still has earned enough respect to never say he can't play.

To me this is a player in D-Will thinking he should be getting as much respect as that of a HOF player and is upset that at this point in his career he has been relegated to the back up position at the most disrespected position on a team. Sorry but he hasn't earned such respect.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again to me just bad timing on his part. Manning has built up a ton of respect in this league. Even when he was playing so bad this year players for the Broncos were sticking up for him left and right. When he came back in during the Chargers game some of the players said "Well now we are winning this game." He just has that presence about him and while yes another year of watching him play probably wouldn't have been that great to watch he still has earned enough respect to never say he can't play.

To me this is a player in D-Will thinking he should be getting as much respect as that of a HOF player and is upset that at this point in his career he has been relegated to the back up position at the most disrespected position on a team. Sorry but he hasn't earned such respect.

Spot on about the timing. This is kind of like someone ragging on a person at their funeral. Jeez - can't some of these guys just shut it down for a few days & keep their freaking mouth shut? Do they feel compelled to always tweet or run their mouth? Just amazingly stupid.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a photo of his mother who passed away in 2014 after years of fighting with breast cancer...
HenCe the pink highlights, right?

(I've always liked Williams, going back to his days in Memphis.)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea its terrible timing... He's never been one to keep his mouth shut about anything. He's very opinionated & he makes great points. But he's entering a twitter debate with 2-3 people and a few times he's coming off as a douche. I respect D-Will, but right now I think he needs to shut up.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some needs to tell him; if you step in it, it will stink !!!!
88_cowpoop1.jpg :dhd:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to tell Deangelo she can pick up her tampons in aisle 3.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Peyton had a horrible year last year but Deangelo criticizing Peyton Manning is laughable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone altogether for DeAngelo..."Asshole...Asshole..."

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all days for Deangelo to open his mouth, he had to choose today? Brain dead much? Yeah, the Broncos D carried them to the title, big fuckin deal.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right. Manning sucked last season. No one can argue that.

The Broncos won in spite of Manning not because of him. That has been pretty well established. Not sure why Williams is just waking up to this fact.
Manning is being given accolades for his career achievements and not just for the 2015 season. Williams is a racist.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credibility went out the window when he said Jimmy Clausen from 2010 was better than Manning this year.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAngelo went down the twitter rabbit hole & ended up making himself look like a fool. He should have stopped after his initial point.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos won in spite of Manning not because of him. That has been pretty well established. Not sure why Williams is just waking up to this fact.

He didn't suck though when it counted... He played solid football and did exactly what he needed to ... 1 pick in 3 playoff games and he made some big play's at big times... Broncos coach made the best decision of his life going back to Manning for the playoffs...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translation: Brady is God.

You're becoming laughably predictable, man.