• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deadpool (2016)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
negasonic did nothing for me... they wanted female power, i understand that, just wish it was kitty pryde instead... would have made more sense, as kitty pride and colossus were a couple...

confused about the timeline, was this an origin story that was totally separate from the rest of the x-men movies??

colossus felt strange altogether, was this his first X-men movie??
My understanding of the timeline is that this takes place in "modern day" X-verse. However, the X-movies are actually still in the 80's, so there is a lot of catching up still to be done.

My 100% guess is that they wanted to introduce a new character for inclusion into the X-Force movies that Cable will headline. Isn't Negasonic an X-Force character?

And no. This is not Colossus' first movie. This is his first feature part, though. He has been an extra/bit player in just about all the movies to this point.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding of the timeline is that this takes place in "modern day" X-verse. However, the X-movies are actually still in the 80's, so there is a lot of catching up still to be done.

My 100% guess is that they wanted to introduce a new character for inclusion into the X-Force movies that Cable will headline. Isn't Negasonic an X-Force character?

But when they introduced dead pool in Wolverine, he fought wolverine... thats why i am confused by the timeline...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when they introduced dead pool in Wolverine, he fought wolverine... thats why i am confused by the timeline...
That never happened.

That was in the old timeline that was wiped out in Days of Futures Past.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
negasonic did nothing for me... they wanted female power, i understand that, just wish it was kitty pryde instead... would have made more sense, as kitty pride and colossus were a couple...

confused about the timeline, was this an origin story that was totally separate from the rest of the x-men movies??

colossus felt strange altogether, was this his first X-men movie??

Thank you for the name. I had no idea who that was. I think this was foreshadowing to the new upcoming X-Men most likely. I could have sworn "Colossus" or a character very similar to him was in the movies already. Granted I haven't seen most of the X-men movies.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was probably the most accurate portrayal of Colossus we've ever seen in a movie/tv show/whatever. This was the Colossus we've gotten in the comics.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was probably the most accurate portrayal of Colossus we've ever seen in a movie/tv show/whatever. This was the Colossus we've gotten in the comics.
Is he a squeaky clean boy scout in the comics? I thought he was bit of a tweener in the comics...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess this is where i am very confused...
AND...

Dont read too much logic into Deadpool. He is constantly dropping the 4th wall. He knows he is in a comic-movie. You cant be too critical about timelines or everything fitting together in a movie that drops the 4th wall.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND...

Dont read too much logic into Deadpool. He is constantly dropping the 4th wall. He knows he is in a comic-movie. You cant be too critical about timelines or everything fitting together in a movie that drops the 4th wall.

I am not... Like i said, i loved it... just being the critic that nobody asked for...LOL...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is a good thing, Wolverine might be good with that, but it wont work for most.
I doubt they will do it with most.

Avengers will remain PG/PG13. X-Men will remain PG/PG13.

Wolverine, Spawn, Blade, Punisher, Jessica Jones, Judge Dredd, etc are the types that are perfectly set for an R.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that Deadpool was rated R. I think, with today's R standards, a very good Deadpool film could have been made with a PG-13 rating as well. I really don't think there was that much in Deadpool that kept it from a PG-13. Sure, less F bombs, no sex scene (a very funny a creative scene), and maybe 1 less graphic beheading?

So, that said, Deadpool isn't a "game changer." No, not everything needs to be R rated now, and no, just because Deadpool was a success, not every superhero movie would be better as an R rated version.

This includes Wolverine 3. Wolverine doesn't say "fuck" every other word. He doesn't have to disembowel his enemies the way Deadpool beheads them. Even if Deadpool appears in Wolverine, or X-Force, or even an X-Men movie, that film can still be PG-13 because the few F bombs they can get away with will be used up by him. And with his comedy/4th wall breaking, the fact that he can't swear or gets bleeped could be a pretty funny gag. In these films, Deadpool wouldn't be the main character. Wolverine, Cable, and Cyclops/Professor X/Jean/Magneto would probably fill that role with Deadpool as a side character.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen he's 2nd only to Captain America with his boyscout image.

Except for his fighting Tony Stark, excuse me... Iron Man :D

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
avoid the movie, why i say that? cause deadpool is just another superhero movie. and its rated R, you wouldnt take your kids to a rated R movie. also the dialogue from deadpool is ....... terrible. worry about Race and Hail Caesar, those are better movies to watch this february. as well as that ski jumping movie starring Hugh Jackman

My response to how much I care about your stupid opinion:

tumblr_lo1qh68nVL1qzgmxb.gif

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ookkkk, oookkkk, I did it, I did it. I broke my own rule!!!!!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were too young to see R movies or maybe you found on the ground outside the theater.