• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deadpool (2016)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked mine up today.

I'm having a Deadpool night (party) Thursday. Gonna be fun!

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah :L

Ryan Reynolds Donates $5K To Theater Facing Fine For Showing Deadpool While Serving Beer

Actor Ryan Reynolds was so upset to hear about a Utah theater's troubles with the law that he's offered to donate the cinema $5,000 to offset a potential fine being levied against it for serving beer (with a liquor license) during a screening of his film Deadpool.

The theater, called Brewvies, is threatening to sue the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control after they were summoned to an administrative hearing for screening Deadpool while serving alcohol.

The theater's liquor license could theoretically be threatened by the "grave violation," which could also carry up to $25,000 in fines. While it's allowed for theaters to serve alcohol during movies, a law in the state says that alcohol cannot be served while there is full nudity or sexual acts on film.

"Thank god, they've found a way to legislate fun," Reynolds tweeted on Friday.

Earlier today, Reynolds (or someone using his name) donated $5,000 to a crowdfunding campaign started by the cinema and intended to offset any potential fines and start a legal defense fund to defend their case.

This is the second time Brewvies in Salt Lake City has faced such charges; previously they paid over $1,000 for screening The Hangover Part III.

Fox 13 in Salt Lake City, whose story is embedded above, obtained a document from the undercover agents who went to see the film, bought a beer, and made observations like "The main character (male) in the film is shown numerous times engaging in acts or simulated acts of sexual intercourse with the female counterpart during a holiday themed sex-montage."

The Brewvies owner is apparently so appalled at the DABC that, even after they cancelled their hearing and appear (at this moment) not to be pursuing charges, he's threatening to sue on First Amendment grounds.

"There's not been one liquor law violation at Brewvies. Ever. They only allow people who are 21 in. They've never had a liquor law violation," Anderson said. "So what does the DABC do? They go out and want to censor their movies."

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Deadpool poked fun at the formulaic nature of them, which was one of the funnier jokes running through it and one of the things that made it a little different.

To each his own...but there's only so many times I can watch an adult male put on a silly costume and beat the bad guys.
It would have worked better if it had actually broken from the formulaic nature it was trying to make fun of.

It didn't.

Other than breaking the 4th wall and having some R-rated humor aimed mostly at teens who snuck in, it was a typical origin story with an extremely boring villain, IMO. I enjoyed it, and it was exactly what I was hoping to see, but didn't think it was anything special. The doll from the lame Wolvernie movie made me laugh as much as anything else.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it again last night. First time, it was late af, and I was half-drunk/stoned/asleep.

I liked it better the 2nd time.

The masturbatory unicorn is funny af.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have worked better if it had actually broken from the formulaic nature it was trying to make fun of.

It didn't.

Other than breaking the 4th wall and having some R-rated humor aimed mostly at teens who snuck in, it was a typical origin story with an extremely boring villain, IMO. I enjoyed it, and it was exactly what I was hoping to see, but didn't think it was anything special. The doll from the lame Wolvernie movie made me laugh as much as anything else.
It is a very average superhero movie but its honestly the funniest movie I've probably seen in close to a decade.

SHOTGUN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched this tonight. I would say it was amusing. Worthy of a rental.

The kind of movie I forget about 5 minutes after its over and I probably won't watch it again.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't "needed" to see a movie in the theater, in 20 years.

They are all rentals, to me.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Deadpool could be as intelligent and funny as it wants to be...

The DMX scene was awesome though

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dead pool finally on HBO, I watched it both airings, thats what an adult orientated movie should be, best superhero movie I have seen in a while. Great chemistry with Reynolds and hottie Morena Baccarin.