• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DC Grantham leaving UGa for Louisville

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I know. I think only way Kirby would leave is if Richt is about to be fired or retire within next 3 or 4 years. Otherwise I think he stays at DC for bama until Georgia or Bamas head coaching position open.
I don't hold out hope for Smart. Richt is only 53, he is well liked by the alumni that count. Absent a NC, he has done as well as any other UGa coach has done to this point in his tenure. I just don't see him leaving any time soon.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of amazing the chain reactions that set off when a coach leaves.

Sure is. Say Richt offers Bud Foster some unhearlded sum of money to come be the DC there and then shit would even get real in Viriginia. Then Beamer would have a big program defining decision to make for sure.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still cant believe randy shannon hasnt gotten another dc position. Nab him from arky.

One of the biggest mysteries for me also. His defenses were downright nasty at Miami. So what he failed as a head coach? My only guess is people believe he is tainted from the scandals there. I can't figure out any other reason.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is. Say Richt offers Bud Foster some unhearlded sum of money to come be the DC there and then shit would even get real in Viriginia. Then Beamer would have a big program defining decision to make for sure.
Foster turned the UGa job 4 years ago into a nice raise (as did Smart and the LSU DC). Seems that would be a lateral move for him. Are you guys hearing anything?

The more I think about it, the more I want Narduzzi or however you spell it. But, again, unless he sees an advantage at UGa for his HC hopes, he won't do it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest mysteries for me also. His defenses were downright nasty at Miami. So what he failed as a head coach? My only guess is people believe he is tainted from the scandals there. I can't figure out any other reason.
Don't forget that Richt played backup QB at Miami, and has Miami ties. There is a possibility for you.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon could probably still recruit the Miami area pretty damn well too. I know Georgia is full of it's own talent but everyone can use some south Florida talent on their roster. He is not the popular choice in Texas I know that. You mention Randy Shannon as a DC candidate and you get banned lol.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hold out hope for Smart. Richt is only 53, he is well liked by the alumni that count. Absent a NC, he has done as well as any other UGa coach has done to this point in his tenure. I just don't see him leaving any time soon.

Severely doubt Foster goes anywhere other than to take a HC position at a decent BCS conference school. He is content at VT being a DC and waiting on what will go down when Beamer hangs the ole whistle up.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May not be fair, because he hated shapiro, along with most boosters. Not a great stance for a hc. But, he was rumored to be handing out unle lukes "rumored" payments in the first scandal, then the hc during part of the second...hard to overlook maybe, or maybe waiting for an eternity to find out if he was involved put him on ice too long.

However, his defenses were ranked 6th, 7th, 2nd, 28th, 4th and 7th :eek: and he could be had on the cheap. Wish he coulda worked out as hc, but he just wasnt ready, and prolly why he initially turned the job down. But, Id give both my nuts to have him back as dc. With as much shit as golden has talked about him Id bet my nuts are safe, tho.

I know a lot of texas fans wanted him as dc after he was fired (muschamp left same time), but it never happened. A big program like UGa might not be willing yet (for whatever reason his stock plummeted) but he has a year in the sec under his belt and would be a great hire. I think next year somebody grabs him for sure. UGa wouldnt be stupid to roll the dice on probably one of the best bang for the buck dcs out there right now. Petino got a power 5 hc job already, for fucks sake.

*note that RSs defense stayed the same during a period of significant overal talent drop off at the U from 01-06*

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
That makes a lot of sense. Beamer era seems to be coming to an end. I would throw Orgeron out there. Guy is an ace recruiter. Ed wants to be a HC again. Getting a DC job at a place like Georgia could springboard him to a good job/

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea i Think they are gonna try to take him from us. If he does go I got a feeling we will get Jeremy Pruitt from FSU to replace him.

Please let this happen.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about the list:
1. Narduzzi
1b. Derek Mason Stanford..
3. Bud Foster
4. Orgeron