• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Pollack just said Michigan was the favorite

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poppycock
Maryland is going to win the West.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Michigan spring game was basically the Big Ten championship.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Ohio St fans would rather hang on to that part rather than what he was talking about - which is Michigan winning out against Michigan St and Ohio St.

Considering this whole thread is a joke thread about TTUN winning the West.......

It's cool, I don't blame you for wanting to focus on that part rather than his point.

Actually he said that the Michigan NW winner was the favorite to win the B10 West. He just really didn't know Michigan was in the East

I didn't even hear the point he made. I have been switching between this game, the KC/Hou game, and the Colts/Texans game. I may have missed a spot. But back to the original and only point of this thread, apparently he said they would win the West.

They don't have any chance to win the West because they aren't in the West
View attachment 38399

Team SEC, everybody!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really more fun to focus on the fact that Pollack's point was stupid at this point.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To his defense, Pollack is an idiot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong!
True college football fans would know!

I'm a Division II GLIAC fan, and also a fan of the MAC, yet I know (off the top of my head without looking at the internet), every member in every division of every conference of FBS football (yes...even the mid-major group of five conferences). I'm a real college football fan (or perhaps just a college football nerd without a life).

:couch2:

So......give me a cookie!

These dumbass professional TV commentators are doing this stuff for a living, and they should know their material, especially if doing a broadcast segment about a particular division! I have nothing against the guy personally, but David Pollack needs to take his preparation a bit more seriously and have a set of notes sitting in front of him on the desk so that he doesn't make an ass of himself on national TV!

The B1G's divisional setups are the easiest to know (along with the PAC's) because they're geographically aligned.... just picture a map in your head, and you can easily work out the alignments of both the B1G and PAC. On the other hand, the ACC is one of the toughest to learn because it's not geographically aligned.

:minion:

Bullshit.

I doubt even 5% of the people here could do such a thing and I don't even believe you could.

I maintained a database that had all this data for a few years, kept up with all the conference changes, watched the Big10 switch their divisions multiple times and I couldn't do it.

I can probably name the conferences 99% of the teams belong too, and I can probably name what division the majority of P5 teams belong too.

Saying it's something all college football fans should be able to do is bullshit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
righttttt

right what?

Oh no, someone misspoke.

Sorry, I am not so petty as to think it's a big deal someone got a conference division mixed up.

If that is the worst thing an "expert" gets wrong that would be awesome.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong!
True college football fans would know!

I'm a Division II GLIAC fan, and also a fan of the MAC, yet I know (off the top of my head without looking at the internet), every member in every division of every conference of FBS football (yes...even the mid-major group of five conferences). I'm a real college football fan (or perhaps just a college football nerd without a life).

:couch2:

So......give me a cookie!

These dumbass professional TV commentators are doing this stuff for a living, and they should know their material, especially if doing a broadcast segment about a particular division! I have nothing against the guy personally, but David Pollack needs to take his preparation a bit more seriously and have a set of notes sitting in front of him on the desk so that he doesn't make an ass of himself on national TV!

The B1G's divisional setups are the easiest to know (along with the PAC's) because they're geographically aligned.... just picture a map in your head, and you can easily work out the alignments of both the B1G and PAC. On the other hand, the ACC is one of the toughest to learn because it's not geographically aligned.

:minion:

Bullshit.

I doubt even 5% of the people here could do such a thing and I don't even believe you could.

I maintained a database that had all this data for a few years, kept up with all the conference changes, watched the Big10 switch their divisions multiple times and I couldn't do it.

I can probably name the conferences 99% of the teams belong too, and I can probably name what division the majority of P5 teams belong too.

Saying it's something all college football fans should be able to do is bullshit.

Yay....reading comprehension for the win! I did not say ALL college football fans.... stop putting words where they do not exist!

Oh...then there's this gem.... "I doubt even 5% of the people here could do such a thing....."

5%.....really?.....how about 12%?..... or perhaps 16.5%..... or maybe 8.25%... Pulling numbers outta your ass makes one look kinda dumb (sorta like Donald Trump).....in other words, now we're really into the Bullshit (Bullshit.... you know..... the word you began your post with).

So........
Just because you are unable to do something (name all the divisional members)... does not mean other folks cannot do it.... and fabricating a B.S. percentage in order to bolster your argument does not help to support your view. :nono:

Your post reminds me of the famous quote from Abraham Lincoln:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

:bullshit:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay....reading comprehension for the win! I did not say ALL college football fans.... stop putting words where they do not exist!

Oh...then there's this gem.... "I doubt even 5% of the people here could do such a thing....."

5%.....really?.....how about 12%?..... or perhaps 16.5%..... or maybe 8.25%... Pulling numbers outta your ass makes one look kinda dumb (sorta like Donald Trump).....in other words, now we're really into the Bullshit (Bullshit.... you know..... the word you began your post with).

So........
Just because you are unable to do something (name all the divisional members)... does not mean other folks cannot do it.... and fabricating a B.S. percentage in order to bolster your argument does not help to support your view. :nono:

Your post reminds me of the famous quote from Abraham Lincoln:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

:bullshit:

Oh yeah, it's just something "true" college football fans would know. Thus if you aren't able to put all the teams in their divisions, then apparently that means you aren't a true fan, and the opposite of a true fan is a false fan.

You said it, not me.

And yes, I doubt 5%. Which btw, is not a "BS percentage", it's my GUESS on how many can do it. I don't even believe you can do it. I see people around here make similar mistakes all the time and nobody gives a shit. Or they have to ask, and nobody gives a shit and I would still say they are "true" college football fans.

I know for damn sure my mom and dad couldn't do it. I guess they aren't "true" college football fans, even though I grew up around college football my entire life, they go to football games multiple times a year and never miss a game.

Same pretty much goes for the rest of my family, who are diehard college football fans.

And why the fuck would they? Who the fuck gives a shit what conference New Mexico St is in, much less their division? Nobody I know even gives a remote shit, but I guess that's why they aren't "true" college fans.

All the while you want to put them down for being "experts", as if you can do better? You going to get on TV every day and never make a mistake? You never make wrong predictions? You never say something and then think - fuck that was wrong?

But I guess I should be use to Big10 fans looking for the pettiest shit to bitch about.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL....exactly! He got rustled by my original tongue-in-cheek response to the Gators fan (tabascojet's) post. It's pretty fun at times to poke a stick into the cage of the fellow inmates...hehe! My silly usage of the term 'real' fan as a response towards tabascojet certainly got under the skin of a certain other SEC fan! And to tabascojet's credit, I'm sure he realized the satirical nature of my response to him... but someone else didn't!

Weeeeee!

:doh:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, it's just something "true" college football fans would

Wrong again, cupcake!

First I had to correct you by telling you I didn't say 'ALL'......now I gotta do it all over again by telling you I didn't say 'TRUE' either. :boink:

I guess reading comprehension is not a priority! Tsk, tsk! :happyshake:

:wave: