• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DANNY SHELTON

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do you like at 5, and why aren't you feeling Shelton? This is strictly for argument sake, nothing personal... all opinions are cool to me.

Skinem... I think you have known me long enough to know that anything 80% of the board can agree on, especially in the draft's top five picks generally sends my neck hairs standing up and redflags abounding. Shelton might in fact be the next great coming of what if you could gene splice Warren Sapp and Godzilla. And I get we need D-line help bad. But all the man love he gets both here and in general gives me that good old cant miss will miss DC cursed feeling.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinem... I think you have known me long enough to know that anything 80% of the board can agree on, especially in the draft's top five picks generally sends my neck hairs standing up and redflags abounding. Shelton might in fact be the next great coming of what if you could gene splice Warren Sapp and Godzilla. And I get we need D-line help bad. But all the man love he gets both here and in general gives me that good old cant miss will miss DC cursed feeling.

:clap:

wow, how we have fallen from 2012, lol.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel we should pick the BPA and if he is we should pull the trigger curses or not

now is he the BPA? that is debatable

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel we should pick the BPA and if he is we should pull the trigger curses or not

now is he the BPA? that is debatable

BPA is always subject to ones opinion. Heck according to the media, the guy likely to go #1 overall might not be considered the best player in the draft. BPA is a catch all that teams and Jr GMs like to throw around, but even the good teams factor need into the BPA formula some what.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA is always subject to ones opinion. Heck according to the media, the guy likely to go #1 overall might not be considered the best player in the draft. BPA is a catch all that teams and Jr GMs like to throw around, but even the good teams factor need into the BPA formula some what.

i have always said you go for the BPA at a position of need. if there isnt value there for that player you go to the next need.

if you cant find value for your needs then you either draft the BPA regardless of what he plays or you look to trade down if possible

so i go back to the same thing . is shelton better then scherf ? gregory ? ray ? peat ? fowler ? beasley ?

that is the question that has to be answered

so i say if shelton is the BPA you have to take him . if he isnt the you pick who is

i am not interested is "sexy picks " the fan base may want or even voodoo "curses" that snake bit posters buy into

the question is , who is the best football player for our team

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are saying if you need a tackle, you take the best tackle available.. provided you think he is worth the pick you are using on him, if not look to the best player on your board even if you dont really need a guy at that spot or try and trade out of the spot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are saying if you need a tackle, you take the best tackle available.. provided you think he is worth the pick you are using on him, if not look to the best player on your board even if you dont really need a guy at that spot or try and trade out of the spot.

what i am saying is you i.d your needs . you scout the needs . you build your draft board based on all the players coming out and rank them

if a RT is a top 5 -10 pick and you pick 5 you can make the pick . if he is not then you move to safety and apply the same standard , then to OG then to NT and determine if value for one of those needs is there at the 5 spot

if you cant find value there but wr is the guy who offers the best value at 5 even if he isnt a "need" you either

A) trade down
B) if you cant, to take the better football player at 5 (in this case a wr) and go from there

now if it is determined that say scherff , an o/lineman , is a better prospect then shelton a NT then i would say pick scherff , however if shelton is the better player you pick him . perhaps gregory is the better guy , or ray or fowler or beasley in which case i would take one of them

dont draft for a need for the sake of addressing a need or reach to far for one

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my 2 cents, If Shelton is passed and Williams is gone. I'm cool with Fowler...RT would be great...but I personally do not believe Scherff is the best RT or worth the 5th pick. Really the only issue that's preventing Shelton from being a universal top 5er IMO is the type of DT he is. Look at McCoy, and Suh(im not saying he's at their level yet) no one was shocked at how high they went. Although McCoy was considered a bust his first year.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just to much uncertainty about shelton being the pick at our 5th spot. Besides we have the FA period. If we stay at the 5th spot, I have several players I like and they are not Shelton. He is okay but not at 5. Shelton could be our guy and if that the case we need address the OL. To me it's imperative we get better pass protection. Bill Callahan was hired to address the need of improving the run and pass protection. Is it RG3, KC etc. This will not be determine until we get better upfront.

Everyone here saw the moves made recently in Philly. Let's not forget Cleveland also. Something is coming down the pipe and it just may be our 5th pick. Intriguing especially if the right scenarios materialized. This the main reason I like trading back in this draft.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, there's a good chance we trade our 5th. Which makes Shelton or an OT a real possibility.
I don't believe Cleveland will be the trading partner, so basically we drop down dramatically and get an additional 2nd pick and who knows what else.

I will not die if we don't get Shelton, and I'm down for Scherff too. I'm just totally against Ray, unless he sets combine records in every event at his pro-day and i'm not really crazy about Gregory either.