• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DANNY SHELTON

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM TELLING YOU GUYS THIS GUY I DONT GIVE A DAMN HAS TO BE OUR #5 PICK HE IS A DAY ONE STARTER EVERYBODY AT THE COMBINE IS RAVING ABOUT THIS GUY COMPARING HIM TO SUH, AND NAJATA THIS IS CRAZY

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that for the past month. Its either Shelton or Fowler.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am warming to this idea for sure

this kid has a moter that does not stop , and outside of football a little about his background his brother was shot and killed and most people that will make u give up but he ended up getting honors in school, and ended up even teaching some college courses I heard on nfl network, he is a great kid just something to think about

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should be taking a good hard look at him

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't have that impressive of a combine I'm not really sold on him

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im on the shelton shreff cooper beasly at 5 train any of them 4 i be stoked

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't have that impressive of a combine I'm not really sold on him

...I think 34 reps of 225 is impressive, he was solid everywhere else and even better than other lineman
smaller than him.

I know Mayock and co don't know everything, but Shelton has been getting some LOFTY comparisons.
there's no reason to believe he won't be the next Ngata or Wilfork in a couple years. I do believe he'll make so many teammates around him better, including the secondary!!!

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I think 34 reps of 225 is impressive, he was solid everywhere else and even better than other lineman
smaller than him.

I know Mayock and co don't know everything, but Shelton has been getting some LOFTY comparisons.
there's no reason to believe he won't be the next Ngata or Wilfork in a couple years. I do believe he'll make so many teammates around him better, including the secondary!!!

Right I agree I don't know wtf that guy is taking about when your being compared to ngata and Wilfork not haven't to play a down yet that's impressive enough

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but its fact he only made plays against lesser competition and his combine results are not that great
5.64 in the forty
34 bench press
30.5 vertical
7.99 3 cone drill
7" 11 Broad Jump

I just don't see the value in that high of a pick

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me all I need to know he is not a top 5 player

WEAKNESSES

Despite girth and leverage potential, can be a little inconsistent at getting push off snap. Dominates lesser centers but doesn't seem to look nearly as dominant against more talented centers. Will quit on a play when he's blocked. Produced eye-catching sack numbers for his position in 2014, but much of it was against lesser competition. Must work to keep weight in check.
BOTTOM LINE
With his thick frame and powerful upper body, Shelton has moments where he can dominate at the point of attack. He was forced to chase sideline to sideline due to the nature of Pac-12 offenses, but when he faced downhill competition like Stanford, he stepped up. Shelton is an above average interior pass rusher for a man his size thanks to his surprising athleticism. He is a fit in a two-gap scheme and could benefit from playing fewer snaps than he was forced to play at Washington.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to put all of my stock in one report but I read that report too about his success coming against lesser opponents. Still you can find a hole in every player in this draft's game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we dont take him chicago is in line to take him . 5 is about where he should go just saying

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me all I need to know he is not a top 5 player

WEAKNESSES

Despite girth and leverage potential, can be a little inconsistent at getting push off snap. Dominates lesser centers but doesn't seem to look nearly as dominant against more talented centers. Will quit on a play when he's blocked. Produced eye-catching sack numbers for his position in 2014, but much of it was against lesser competition. Must work to keep weight in check.
BOTTOM LINE
With his thick frame and powerful upper body, Shelton has moments where he can dominate at the point of attack. He was forced to chase sideline to sideline due to the nature of Pac-12 offenses, but when he faced downhill competition like Stanford, he stepped up. Shelton is an above average interior pass rusher for a man his size thanks to his surprising athleticism. He is a fit in a two-gap scheme and could benefit from playing fewer snaps than he was forced to play at Washington.

...maaaan, I can't speak for everyone else but, I don't see two DE's that barely weigh 240 making an impact at OLB. They have injury history and frankly, we don't have enough pieces around them yet to justify the pick.

On the other hand, Shelton could actually be the "engine" that gets this 3-4 going.
You posted a report that does a poor job of swaying. Go look at Washington's schedule last year, its amazing this kid got nearly 100 tackles and 10 sacks. He wasn't forced to stay on the field, he had the stamina to.
its not uncommon for DTs to go in the top 5. Will we draft him? who knows, but I'd bet he make an immediate impact.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Nix last year in round 2. I'll take Shelton this year!

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stay at 5.......He is definetaly my Pick......Make the Dline and better with his presence alone....We NEED a BIG FATASS in the middle of our line !!!!!! He can make an IMMEDIATE Inpact on our defense...and with the 5th pick.....that is what you want!!!!!

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to believe this guy might be the pick for two reasons. Number one, the Redskins have never had a player, this size with this skill set. This guy can take up blockers, stop the run, and rush the passer. Many mocks have us getting Randy Gregory, Shane Ray, or Donte Fowler. I'm not really buying it. I believe Trent Murphy and Ryan Kerrigan will do just fine, especially with a run-stuffer to occupy blockers. That allows more pass-rushing opportunities. Do you believe it is a coincidence that Justin Smith allowed Aldon Smith to get some of his sacks? I saw it with my own eyes. Btw, we have the 49ers old GM, who saw that, too. Sure, taking Shelton at #5 might be kind of high, but it seems like the Bears might very well take this guy.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...maaaan, I can't speak for everyone else but, I don't see two DE's that barely weigh 240 making an impact at OLB. They have injury history and frankly, we don't have enough pieces around them yet to justify the pick.

On the other hand, Shelton could actually be the "engine" that gets this 3-4 going.
You posted a report that does a poor job of swaying. Go look at Washington's schedule last year, its amazing this kid got nearly 100 tackles and 10 sacks. He wasn't forced to stay on the field, he had the stamina to.
its not uncommon for DTs to go in the top 5. Will we draft him? who knows, but I'd bet he make an immediate impact.

I didn't see this, prior to my post. Yes! That is why I do not see us getting a pass rusher. Like I said, Trent Murphy and Kerrigan will be fine. Murph showed some flashes, last year. He had some good run-stopping ability. Not to mention, he showed some interesting counter moves, last year. He'll get better at that, of course. Just picture a big, quick, run-stuffing, pass-rushing mammoth, such as Shelton on this team, who can occupy some blockers. You need those, running a 3-4 and haven't had that. Of course, that might be just another reason why Barry Cofield was let go.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Murphy as ever becoming a very good pass rusher, just doesn't have that first step all the great ones have. But with that said I am fine with Shelton, he's my choice. Kind of looks like if they pull the trigger that would be the most popular pick on this board and we don't agree on anything.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pass on Shelton at #5 we better get a NT in the 2nd round. The guy from Texas will be gone. So we only have Goldman left from Florida St. Huge risk IMO. There is a huge hole at NT right now.