• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Shelton NT highlights

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelton is already a top 10 pick right now. Im sure his combine numbers will wow teams b/c he is very quick for his size. The Bears will take him at #7 so you cant trade down and get him you must take him at #5.

There is no way Rak is coming back. I cant see how people on this board still think that is a possibility. Pass rushers get big money in FA and Rak will get his. Someone will overpay for an often injured player. He is gone.

Shelton should be the pick if Williams is gone. He fills a huge need and he is the BPA. Some might say Gregory but he could be gone and he is very raw. Some say Ray but he is a one trick pony and is also raw. Shelton is the safest pick at #5.

Ordrick and Shelton would be huge off season additions to this team. If this happens you can cut Coefield and Bowen and save 10 Million. This move makes sense in all areas.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelton is already a top 10 pick right now. Im sure his combine numbers will wow teams b/c he is very quick for his size. The Bears will take him at #7 so you cant trade down and get him you must take him at #5.

There is no way Rak is coming back. I cant see how people on this board still think that is a possibility. Pass rushers get big money in FA and Rak will get his. Someone will overpay for an often injured player. He is gone.

Shelton should be the pick if Williams is gone. He fills a huge need and he is the BPA. Some might say Gregory but he could be gone and he is very raw. Some say Ray but he is a one trick pony and is also raw. Shelton is the safest pick at #5.

Ordrick and Shelton would be huge off season additions to this team. If this happens you can cut Coefield and Bowen and save 10 Million. This move makes sense in all areas.

who thinks Rak will be back ? i dont

2nd i think shelton is a great use of the pick . no issue there

3rd i would caution you about oldrick . we may not get him simply because he may want to play for a winner and go for a bowl rather then take the money and sit through another rebuild

4th this wont get turned around in one off season

5th no issue with cutting cofield and bowen or at least renegotiate cofield , but both are on the wrong side of 30

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who thinks Rak will be back ? i dont

2nd i think shelton is a great use of the pick . no issue there

3rd i would caution you about oldrick . we may not get him simply because he may want to play for a winner and go for a bowl rather then take the money and sit through another rebuild

4th this wont get turned around in one off season

5th no issue with cutting cofield and bowen or at least renegotiate cofield , but both are on the wrong side of 30
so you basically agree with everything he said lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One off season could do a lot. Especially in our division. I cant see how Oldrick is not the #1 FA we go after. We have the money to get him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One off season could do a lot. Especially in our division. I cant see how Oldrick is not the #1 FA we go after. We have the money to get him.

i can see them going after other players dean. you get so fixated on guys . iupati could be a guy mcourty could be one hell even suh could be one

i like oldrick but he may have plans we cant change too

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh? cmon dad get real. McCourtey could get franchised. That is what I am hearing here is Patriots country. Yes, Iupati is a possibility but he is not #1 on our list.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh? cmon dad get real. McCourtey could get franchised. That is what I am hearing here is Patriots country. Yes, Iupati is a possibility but he is not #1 on our list.

dean our past indicates we could get suh not likely but the point is dean that oldrick may not want to come here at all and perhaps other positions may rate as a bigger concern

if you cant see that i cant help you

our GM has history with iupati so i would recheck my list

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on Iupati. How is DE not a big concern?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO there is no big time CB or S in FA that fills a need for our team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on Iupati. How is DE not a big concern?

de is a concern . but again we may not be able to address all the holes we have in one off season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO there is no big time CB or S in FA that fills a need for our team.

i disagree . there are definitely some good safeties and cbs we can get in FA maxwell petereson , the broncos FS rahim moore mcourty , gilbert

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
average players at best.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: Plus....I would rather take him at 5 becasue he is ready to come in and be an immediate starter and hopefully an impact starter at that........You can get pass rushers later......With Ray and Gregory....they have the "potential" to add weight or to become this player we want and need...Shelton has more then "just potential"

If picking at 5 I would rather take someone who is ready NOW to be a good player for us.....not a guy who in a year or 2 MAY be!!!!

As far as RAK... I dont trust that he will be healthy...or a player that will get alot of sacks...and certainly not alot of game changing plays like Kerrigan!!!

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
avg is ok if you dont pay elite money you dont need a superstar at every position

:agree:

And Average at best...is still a MAJOR improvement over what he have been trotting out there!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shelton didnt have the sr bowl game i thought he would . i am not souring on him but at 5 it would be hard to defend

Howdy Skinsdad. I saw this the other day and felt if true, this guy should slide some. Those cons are HUGE for top 10 pick

Pros:
- Great size.
- Plays huge in the hole.
- Plays strong.
- Big two gap defender.
- Plays hard and hits hard.
- Good practices at the senior bowl.

Cons:
- Rather slow.
- Allows offensive lineman to get under him.
- Reads the play poorly.
- Doesn’t have great balance.
- Struggled to shed blocks.
- Slow off the line.
- Closed on the ball rather slowly.
- No repetoire, only bull rushes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow? I saw a highlight where he chased down Mariotta. His quickness and speed is very good for his size.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly unless Williams is somehow still there, I'd be pretty excited to take Shelton.
There are so many games we could have won, if we just a had gotten to the QB a second quicker, or stuffed the run on 3rd and short. I see this guy saving a lot of jobs in the secondary, and maybe even RGIII's. With OT being somewhat up in the air, we may be able to address that in FA.
Although we can do the same with NT, Shelton is young, motivated, cheap...and could be in the next class of great NT like Hampton, Wilfork, and Ngata.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. I cant see how other guys on this board don't see it.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. I cant see how other guys on this board don't see it.

lol, I think it has to do with the type of DT Shelton is. It isn't uncommon to see a DT in the top 5, in fact Shelton is only this high because of his outstanding final year and he's a NT.

IMO Gregory and Ray's game are purely based on speed, once blockers chip or baptize them
they will be useless due to being extremely undersized. Then Kerrigan can get totally taken out of games.
The OT's appear solid, however they are going to have to probably deal with a QB that isn't where they think he is, and a gameplan that under utilizes the run. Its a lot for an OT not considered Joe Thomas or Bulaga.

tough call!
I'm somewhat set on NT at this point though. lol