• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniels on CJ and Nefty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On where the Rangers stand with C.J. Wilson:

I think the reality with where we are right now is we’re going to wait for the market to develop. There just aren’t many guys who get to this point in free agency and then don’t test the market, don’t find out what their value is, and don’t get a sense of where it might go. That’s the reality of it. We have a good relationship with C.J., open lines of communication with his agent. … We’d like to have him back, but we’re also cognizant of the fact that his free agent value out in the market may be greater than what we’re capable of.

On whether Neftali Feliz needs more pitches to succeed as a starter:

I don’t agree with that. When you’re a closer, you don’t need to go out there and throw three or four pitches, especially when you’ve got the electric fastball he has. He’s basically become a two-pitch pitcher with the fastball and the breaking ball, but he has a good changeup. He had it in the minor leagues. One of the other things we look at with a starting pitcher is, can he maintain his velocity? And he used to hold his velocity into the seventh and eighth innings of games in the minor leagues. … We haven’t made any decisions, we haven’t committed one way or the other. All we’ve said is if we do go down that path, it’ll be because of what our other options are this winter, and we will likely go into spring training knowing exactly where he’s going to be and not have that ambiguous situation where it puts a lot of pressure on him in the spring.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Feliz might be an option if CJ leaves, I'm good with that