• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn, the Eagles are hemorrhaging coaches

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another coach leaves (Kinne). What is going on inside the Eagles? Coaches are leaving en mass but no one is filling the holes (except 1).
Is this something to be worried about? Until I get an explanation... I am!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another coach leaves (Kinne). What is going on inside the Eagles? Coaches are leaving en mass but no one is filling the holes (except 1).

I’m not worried about the turnover as most of it was team decision. Guys that left left for better (I’m presuming with Kinne).

What’s more worrisome is the lack of interest in the coaching jobs that are open. In the end that might just shake in the right candidates, but it’s been a less than stellar search for things like OC so far.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is our Offensive Coordinator ... Schwartz is our Defensive Coordinator ... everything else is just filling holes. It will all be sorted out after the Super Bowl. Our OC roll is likely to be filled by a College guy who can help bring new ideas to the staff as a "helper" to Doug. There is no shortage of guys who are qualified for that roll.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m happy we got your DB coach as our new DC. You guys always have an impressive pass D.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m happy we got your DB coach as our new DC. You guys always have an impressive pass D.

The Eagles have a very good front 7 which is the reason the defense succeeds if it ever does. I have to say I was stunned that Undlin was hired as the Lions DC. Many of us believe he was going to get fired because the secondary was so bad.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FLASH!!

Wentz injured on the 17th hole. Golf season over.
That’s good, I didn’t think he’d make it past the first sand trap

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have a very good front 7 which is the reason the defense succeeds if it ever does. I have to say I was stunned that Undlin was hired as the Lions DC. Many of us believe he was going to get fired because the secondary was so bad.

Great.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for taking him off our hands - he excels at teaching corners the "don't look for the ball while it's in the air" and "the no-hands-allowed-let-the-receiver-run-by-you-bump-and-run" techniques we enjoyed for years in Philly. He routinely gets excited and applauds DBs who drop would-be interceptions that hits them right in their hands.

You got a good one, he will be missed.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one of the dumbest cunts on these forums.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No decent human being wants to live and/or work in Philadelphia.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press Taylor named offensive passing coordinator

More additions....external this time....Scangerello, former OC from Denver and another guy that was coaching at Miss. State. Unsure on their titles yet.

I am a bit perplexed at this point what they are doing. Maybe they don't hire an official OC at all?

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks to me like OMG let’s hire someone before there’s no one left. Scangarello has never lasted long wherever he has been. Why? Also, why wait until after the SB to hire guys not associated with either team?? There is a perception that they were interested in a couple guys that immediately bolted to other teams. I’m not feeling it and not liking it. There is something in the background that says no one wants to work for Dougie.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More additions....external this time....Scangerello, former OC from Denver and another guy that was coaching at Miss. State. Unsure on their titles yet.

I am a bit perplexed at this point what they are doing. Maybe they don't hire an official OC at all?

I just saw a tweet or a post they aren’t planning on hiring an OC

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a tweet or a post they aren’t planning on hiring an OC

Doesn't surprise me at all ... like I said in my earlier post, we already have our OC in Doug.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of the top candidates didn't want the OC job if they can't call the plays. Simple as that. Doug is not the only HC who calls his own plays. Reich didn't call the plays, but helped to design the plays. Anyway, that's why they stayed or turned it down. I don't think there are any problems at all. Some people are just always looking for something sinister.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of the top candidates didn't want the OC job if they can't call the plays. Simple as that. Doug is not the only HC who calls his own plays. Reich didn't call the plays, but helped to design the plays. Anyway, that's why they stayed or turned it down. I don't think there are any problems at all. Some people are just always looking for something sinister.
Or some people (me) choose to read between the lines and see a different possibility.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree with this. It’s peculiar. Possibly even concerning (we will see).

There are many ways to skin a cat, so to speak. It’s clear they weren’t going to get a straight up OC of any quality since that’s not how the coaching staff of set up. I’m ok with that by itself. Groh was really only an OC by title anyway.

I think any concern should be less about the structure they are setting up and more about if they are bringing the right minds in. I’m not overwhelmed with the perceived quality of the two guys they are bringing in external, but many times we’ve seen this and seen it work in this case. In Doug We Trust until it’s proven otherwise.

I will day I like the promotion of Taylor. It’s not an OC position, but with the more I’ve learned about him recently I like him working with Stoutland on the ultimate game plans.