• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D.R.C. carted off!!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.... We didn't have DRC all last year, and now suddenly his injury is "A Big Blow to the team"?? Ummm..yeah..... not buying that one.

DRC basically replaced a player who didn't play much for Denver anyway (Porter). I don't see it as that big a blow, even if he were out for the year. And 2-3 weeks is definitely chump change.

Hate it when writers over-dramatize things.....

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree WalkerBoh. He was added to make us better, not to replace a starter. We still have last year's starters in the defensive backfield. I just hope the injury bug does not get bigger. I worry more about injuries than any competition in the regular season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they expect him back for week one or two of the season so I think we should be good especially considering our first game against the Ravens they are severely lacking in the pass game anyway.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can never have enough depth in the secondary. I agree it isnt a big blow but lets not act like it doesnt hurt. One more injury in the secondary and its starts looking thin. Champ isnt getting any younger.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they expect him back for week one or two of the season so I think we should be good especially considering our first game against the Ravens they are severely lacking in the pass game anyway.

Ravens passing game really lacked against Denver in the playoffs.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suspect a big part of that was our gameplan against the Ravens. Ravens played that game a LOT differently than they played the regular season game.

The reality is, we actually have more depth at DB currently (even w/out DRC) than we played with during the regular season last year. DRC replaces Tracy Porter, who couldn't see straight enough to even take the field. So, no. I don't see losing DRC for 2-3 weeks really hurting the Broncos. We lose 3-4 DB's? Sure that would hurt. But this injury doesn't really concern me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big difference in the receiving core with two of flacco's top targets are now gone. Pitta and bolden were huge 3rd down and red zone targets

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can never have enough depth in the secondary. I agree it isnt a big blow but lets not act like it doesnt hurt. One more injury in the secondary and its starts looking thin. Champ isnt getting any younger.

Actually not really, well maybe CB and even then we have guys that could step in and be not half bad. Safety for some reason seems to be stacked this year. Still though, it does suck and since it is not terribly bad, hoping we have DRC back soon.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRC out for a few weeks. Quinton Carter back in the fold with the addition of Quentin Jammer who can flex from corner to safety. Bruton, Inecho and other depth being developed as well. DRC will be back, but the Broncos are as deep in the secondary as they have ever been. Center position and Von's possible suspension are way more troubling IMO!

Go Broncos!

MH64

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris, Carter, Bolden and the rook....I like our depth behind DRC and Champ. Especially Harris.....

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris, Carter, Bolden and the rook....I like our depth behind DRC and Champ. Especially Harris.....

I like Harris better as the nickel corner. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and think he's great, but frankly with his size I think he's better suited to cover slot receivers. In this day and age in the NFL, you really need 3 good starting caliber corners (without looking it up, does anyone remember the Broncos nickel corner on the '98 team?).

Carter and Harris are good players, but teams can take advantage of their height, especially if they are lined up on the outside. This is especially true of Carter, who the Chargers threw high at a lot in the game in Denver last year.

Pass rushers and corners; you can never have too many.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Harris as the nickel.

DRC being out for most, if not all of the preseason is not that big of a blow in my opinion. The kids will get more snaps and a longer look from the Coaches.

Don't get me wrong though...I have no interest in seeing DRC's high ankle sprain linger all season.

Wasn't it Randy Hilliard?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think DRC has already shown enough in Camp that he is ready to go for this defense that having him sit out some meaningless games in preseason shouldn't be that big of a hit. Yes it might take him a few snaps to get used to game speed but everyday in practice up to this point he has been going against some of the top receivers in the NFL and doing just fine. I have actually heard more good things about him than of Champ so far. At least in the turnover department of it all.

Defensive players usually don't need as much time to prepare for the season as their game isn't as dependent on timing as is the offensive side of the ball. My guess is that first game the Broncos would most likely put him in one on one coverage with Torrey Smith or Jacoby Jones anyway and just tell him don't let them get behind you kind of thing.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it Randy Hilliard?

Nope, he wasn't on the 98 team. And I actually had to look this up, too.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it was Tory James.....

It was either him or Darrius Johnson. I don't remember and both were on the roster that year. Johnson played all 16 games and started 2, James played in every game but never started.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harris better as the nickel corner. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and think he's great, but frankly with his size I think he's better suited to cover slot receivers. In this day and age in the NFL, you really need 3 good starting caliber corners (without looking it up, does anyone remember the Broncos nickel corner on the '98 team?).

Carter and Harris are good players, but teams can take advantage of their height, especially if they are lined up on the outside. This is especially true of Carter, who the Chargers threw high at a lot in the game in Denver last year.

Pass rushers and corners; you can never have too many.

Very true