• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramirez DFA'd
Bryan Morris added to the 40 and 25.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramirez DFA'd
Bryan Morris added to the 40 and 25.
:scratch:
I understand the Neil Ramirez move. Hey, in my frustration on last night's game, I called for it. However, Bryan Morris is a bit puzzling. He made one appearance in spring training before being injured and just recently got activated at Sacramento. He has thrown three run-less outings but I would have preferred another lefty or Tyler Rogers over Morris.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
I understand the Neil Ramirez move. Hey, in my frustration on last night's game, I called for it. However, Bryan Morris is a bit puzzling. He made one appearance in spring training before being injured and just recently got activated at Sacramento. He has thrown three run-less outings but I would have preferred another lefty or Tyler Rogers over Morris.
I would have preferred Sitton. But I think Morris was signed with an expectation of him getting a bully spot out of ST, so in essence, he had squatters rights.

But we really need neither lefty in the pen.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred Sitton. But I think Morris was signed with an expectation of him getting a bully spot out of ST, so in essence, he had squatters rights.

But we really need neither lefty in the pen.

:noidea:

You mean ANOTHER lefty? I keep pestering the board about this. Maybe BE lurks here. Bring us another lefty reliever!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that Craw was transferred from the 3-day to the 10-day yesterday.

Anyone know if Mac has been activated (and subsequently optioned) from the 10-day?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this communicate to Willamson? "Kid, you did great in spring training. Unfortunately, you got hurt and about 8 other outfielders jumped ahead of you, including two that we signed and one that was also injured. Keep it up though, you may get lucky in September!"

Edit: By the way, Williamson was also optioned to Sacramento.
@calsnowskier , you may not have seen my edit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks cal. I guess I didn't need to respond since you already had gotten a response anyway.
If you don't pat yourself on the back, no one else is going to do it for you...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we got our 2nd lefthander for the bullpen but not the most exciting name (considering his season thus far). Josh Osich was called up and Chris Stratton was optioned back to Sacramento.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we got our 2nd lefthander for the bullpen but not the most exciting name (considering his season thus far). Josh Osich was called up and Chris Stratton was optioned back to Sacramento.
I dont know what happened to Osich. He was so awesome when he first came up. Then he just fell off a cliff

That said, this move makes all the sense in the world.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what happened to Osich. He was so awesome when he first came up. Then he just fell off a cliff

That said, this move makes all the sense in the world.
Unfortunately, its not the first time a reliever came up looking good and the shine quickly faded. I wish it would happen less often. Hopefully, Osich does better up here this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, its not the first time a reliever came up looking good and the shine quickly faded. I wish it would happen less often. Hopefully, Osich does better up here this year.
Runzler, Hembre...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runzler, Hembre...
Around the time Wilson and Romo came up, there was a flood of relief pitching the Giants were looking at and I feel like a few of them fit into this category. However, names escape me right now and I don't feel like fishing through Baseball Reference to have my memory jogged.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around the time Wilson and Romo came up, there was a flood of relief pitching the Giants were looking at and I feel like a few of them fit into this category. However, names escape me right now and I don't feel like fishing through Baseball Reference to have my memory jogged.
Otero (he actually had a lot of success elsewhere), Threat, Walker...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otero (he actually had a lot of success elsewhere), Threat, Walker...
I wouldn't count Walker. He was a minor league free agent we picked up. I'm thinking of guys like Jeremy Accardo (who had a tiny bit of success elsewhere), Jack Taschner, Scott Munter, Billy Sadler, Pat Misch, Alex Hinshaw, Osiris Matos, Merkin Valdez, etc. Although looking at their numbers, some weren't as successful in their debuts as I thought.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count Walker. He was a minor league free agent we picked up. I'm thinking of guys like Jeremy Accardo (who had a tiny bit of success elsewhere), Jack Taschner, Scott Munter, Billy Sadler, Pat Misch, Alex Hinshaw, Osiris Matos, Merkin Valdez, etc. Although looking at their numbers, some weren't as successful in their debuts as I thought.
And I am not sure how much expectation a lot of these guys had. Outside of Valdez, who we acquired via trade, I think most of these guys were basically just turnstile arms.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil Ramirez was claimed off of waivers by the Blue Jays. Not too surprising, IMO. He was not use right, but he was still a live arm. Good luck to him.