• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum pulled a Jeff Kent and whipped out on a dirt bike. Early reports said his injuries were minor, but that has since changed to 6-8 weeks expected out. He was placed on the 10-day DL. He will likely be moved to the 60 within the week.

Chris Stratton recalled.

I would expect Blach to be added to the rotation.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum pulled a Jeff Kent and whipped out on a dirt bike. Early reports said his injuries were minor, but that has since changed to 6-8 weeks expected out. He was placed on the 10-day DL. He will likely be moved to the 60 within the week.

Chris Stratton recalled.

The 60-day DL seems rather drastic, IMO. That would put him on the high-end of him time-frame. We have an open space and fat to shed on the 40-man.

I think Stratton was a reactionary move, have the roster full, while they discuss if they want to bring up Beede. I think they should.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 60-day DL seems rather drastic, IMO. That would put him on the high-end of him time-frame. We have an open space and fat to shed on the 40-man.

I think Stratton was a reactionary move, have the roster full, while they discuss if they want to bring up Beede. I think they should.
There are 2 adds that can happen before they need to put him on the 60, granted. But we got Morse/Upton/Stubbs getting added shortly, so that only leaves one spot (Parker going to the 60) ahead of Bum.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris Stratton recalled.

Bum, you bum!

This doesn't make this season any easier, that's for sure. However, he has yet to win a game, so the injury was most likely a save face situation. AIE AIE AIE!!!!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 2 adds that can happen before they need to put him on the 60, granted. But we got Morse/Upton/Stubbs getting added shortly, so that only leaves one spot (Parker going to the 60) ahead of Bum.

Upton broke something in his hand and will be out 8+ weeks. Stubbs has been particularly uninspiring so far, but I guess he's possible. Morse is a given. So if Stubbs were to find his way onto the roster as well, it owuld be at Gorkys' expense, and since he would need to clear waivers anyway, Parker's spot will still be available.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton broke something in his hand and will be out 8+ weeks. Stubbs has been particularly uninspiring so far, but I guess he's possible. Morse is a given. So if Stubbs were to find his way onto the roster as well, it owuld be at Gorkys' expense, and since he would need to clear waivers anyway, Parker's spot will still be available.
They called Okert to replace Parker, so when (if?) Morse gets added, it will probably be at Stratton's expense. Stubbs should only make the squad in the case of another injury or Morse crash and burning. Gorkys is looking bad, but he is not in danger of losing his spot yet, IMHO.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They called Okert to replace Parker, so when (if?) Morse gets added, it will probably be at Stratton's expense. Stubbs should only make the squad in the case of another injury or Morse crash and burning. Gorkys is looking bad, but he is not in danger of losing his spot yet, IMHO.

Sorry, I mean Parker's spot from the 40-man. But yes, Stratton is the 25 man at this point.

If they bring another CFer into the fold, it will be at Gorkys' expense. I think if Morse crashes and burns, while Marrero continues to stink, Marrero will be relieved for Mac.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris Stratton recalled.

Dirt bike? I heard he was washing his truck. :P

Seriously, isn't there a clause in these guys' contracts that forbids them from doing dangerous stuff like skydiving and walking across one way streets in Berkeley during the season?

Smith. Brown. Mac. Morse. Crick. Posey. Parker. Bum. Who's next? :L

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt bike? I heard he was washing his truck. :P

Seriously, isn't there a clause in these guys' contracts that forbids them from doing dangerous stuff like skydiving and walking across one way streets in Berkeley during the season?

Smith. Brown. Mac. Morse. Crick. Posey. Parker. Bum. Who's next? :L
I am sure the Giants are scouring the contract as we speak looking to see if they can void it.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Brown got activated and optioned to Sacramento. They also sent Tim Federowicz outright to Sacramento.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Brown got activated and optioned to Sacramento. They also sent Tim Federowicz outright to Sacramento.
I don't see anything about either of these moves. Link?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is going to be away from the team next week for funeral services for his sister in-law.

Calixte or Kelby are going to get a little showcase (it's not going to be Arroyo). I personally would like to see what Calixte can do.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is going to be away from the team next week for funeral services for his sister in-law.

Calixte or Kelby are going to get a little showcase (it's not going to be Arroyo). I personally would like to see what Calixte can do.
Calixte is hitting better than Tomlinson right now (which isn't saying much when both's OPS are under .600).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo and Stubbs both added to the 25 and 40.

Marerro DFA'd
Hill placed on 10-day

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo and Stubbs both added to the 25 and 40.

Marerro DFA'd
Hill placed on 10-day
Hoped Marrero was going to get another week but oh well.
Hill on the dl? I didn't know he was injured. What's up with Span?
Really surprised on Arroyo. Good for him.