• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Culpepper's UFL Stats

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't believe the 49ers need Alex Smith or Daunte Culpepper, or any player... to be a mentor for Kaepernick. They already have a 14 year vet at the QB position as the Head Coach. What could Smith or Culpepper actually teach Kap, that Coach Harbaugh cannot?

We've already seen it in practice. Harbaugh is right there with the QBs, dropping back and throwing to show them what he wants.

Maybe a team like the Chargers (Rivers, Volek) could go with 2 QBs, but we cannot afford to.

Also now as part of the 54 man roster doesn't it have to include 3 QBs, because they increased it from 53 to 54?

Not sure what the hold up is, sign Culpepper already!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe a team like the Chargers (Rivers, Volek) could go with 2 QBs, but we cannot afford to.

Also now as part of the 54 man roster doesn't it have to include 3 QBs, because they increased it from 53 to 54?

Maniax, I don't see ThreeBirds signed on but I don't think he is saying we don't need Culpepper, I think he is just saying that we don't need to add mentor to the list of criteria in choosing a veteran QB.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't believe the 49ers need Alex Smith or Daunte Culpepper, or any player... to be a mentor for Kaepernick. They already have a 14 year vet at the QB position as the Head Coach. What could Smith or Culpepper actually teach Kap, that Coach Harbaugh cannot?

We've already seen it in practice. Harbaugh is right there with the QBs, dropping back and throwing to show them what he wants.

You bring up an extremely good point sir!! One that for the whatever reason didn't even register!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the reason I'd like for the 49ers to sign Culpepper (or another vet QB the coaches want). The 49ers cannot afford to go with just 2 QBs, especially when Alex Smith is one of them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's only played out his 1st and 2nd seasons without getting injured. Behind this offensive line, it's not a question of if, it's a question of when will he get injured.