• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Culpepper's UFL Stats

Kings of The West

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Culperres UFL Stats
183-for-300 for 1,944 yards,
61% Completion Percentage
10 touchdowns and 12 interceptions
32 carries for 94 yards

This is definately not anything to get excited about.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they let him compete straight up against A.smith he would win the battle everyday and twice on Sunday thats how bad Smith is

Kings of The West

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I completely disagree. Smith can be a good QB with the right mentoring. Harbaugh will do him a lot of good. Alex is the best option we have and I think he will surprise a lot of people this year.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was it his 2/7 with 10 yards passing that convinced you that hes the man? Or was it when he got the ball stripped from him? Which 1

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I completely disagree. Smith can be a good QB with the right mentoring. Harbaugh will do him a lot of good. Alex is the best option we have and I think he will surprise a lot of people this year.

LOL!!!...Dude, you are not hiding it very well, but don't stop, I think it's hilarious.

Kings of The West

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm glad I am able to supply some humor eventhough I am obviously the but of the joke. I never even mentioned ESPN so I truly dont know what you are talking about.

BTY..Badger, Are you going to judge the success of Smith based on the first preseason game? If thats the case, then we might as well write off the running game, special teams and o-line as well.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So was it his 2/7 with 10 yards passing that convinced you that hes the man? Or was it when he got the ball stripped from him? Which 1

While i highly doubt Alex will ever be a stud Badger, you really can't hold his 2-7 game against him. O-line was a joke. And our offense is still being installed.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people are not excited about the Culpepper signing (or soon to be signing) but I am. Something Alex has always seemed to lack in games is that fire to compete and Daunte is going to bring that to the position. Smith has never been in a true camp battle and regardless of where Daunte has been, the dude is hungry and wants back into the NFL and he clearly has a shot at starting for this franchise right now with what we currently have. Daunte of now reminds me a little bit of Randy Moss when he left Oakland a few years back. I’m glad to see the Niners do something about bringing another QB into camp. I’m not judging alex solely on pre-season game number 1, I’m juding Alex on 6 years plus and his days at Utah. Those that know me, know I didn’t like the pick then and ready to move on from this kid and wish him the best of luck. Heres to hoping Harbaugh brings in DC and lets the best man win the job, as it should be

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move. Hes the perfect mentor for Kap because of their similar skill sets and Culpeppers history with the wco.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culpepper will only see the field if Smith gets hurt and if the o-line continues to have pass protection issues.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Please no Culpepper!! IMO, I don't think he would be a very good mentor to Kap. He still wants to START in the league, not just play. I understand competition brings out the best in everyone's play, but if a veteran is to be brought in it needs to be someone who can teach Kap not just compete with Alex.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Culpepper!! IMO, I don't think he would be a very good mentor to Kap. He still wants to START in the league, not just play. I understand competition brings out the best in everyone's play, but if a veteran is to be brought in it needs to be someone who can teach Kap not just compete with Alex.

Why don't you think he'd make a good mentor? Don't just say he won't be a good mentor, explain why you say that.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why don't you think he'd make a good mentor? Don't just say he won't be a good mentor, explain why you say that.

Apparently he signed as the third string, however I feel I should answer you. It seems to me that he had an attitude problem while in Minnesota, he didn't make it to mentor Stafford, he got canned in Miami, and Oakland. It seems to me that we would want a veteran leader who has won. Kap needs to learn from someone who has won before. Lets be honest, Culpepper won early in his career with CC and Randy Moss. Without them he hasnt won. I would love to be wrong about him, but again its just my opinion.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he signed as the third string, however I feel I should answer you. It seems to me that he had an attitude problem while in Minnesota, he didn't make it to mentor Stafford, he got canned in Miami, and Oakland. It seems to me that we would want a veteran leader who has won. Kap needs to learn from someone who has won before. Lets be honest, Culpepper won early in his career with CC and Randy Moss. Without them he hasnt won. I would love to be wrong about him, but again its just my opinion.

None of those things have anything to do with Culpepper being a mentor now. The fact that he might of had attitude problems and the fact that he was never the same player after his knee injury says nothing about his ability to be a mentor.

The fact is, Culpepper and Kap have extremely similar skill sets. The running ability, the big arm and size are very similar. The fact that they played against lesser competition in college. The fact that Culpepper has been in the WCO the majority of his career. There is plenty that Culpepper could teach Kap how to transition to the NFL. Those things attribute directly to his ability to mentor Kap.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe the 49ers need Alex Smith or Daunte Culpepper, or any player... to be a mentor for Kaepernick. They already have a 14 year vet at the QB position as the Head Coach. What could Smith or Culpepper actually teach Kap, that Coach Harbaugh cannot?

We've already seen it in practice. Harbaugh is right there with the QBs, dropping back and throwing to show them what he wants.