• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs losing the World Series is really a win for the Cubs

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just a coincidence that every team that has played the Indians in the postseason just got cold offensively
What part of "shut down?" Are you having trouble understanding?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were "other" Reds?

The Cincinnati Redstockings were the first MLB team in Cincinnati, and the first team ever, but they folded in 1870.

There were teams around before the Braves, but the Braves are the longest continuously operating franchise.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said numerous times, I hope the Cubs don't win it all until the last fan that made Steve Bartman's life a living hell dies. None of those scumbags deserve to celebrate a World Series. And Moises Alou is a piece of shit too. Not like he would have caught the ball anyways.

He probably still pees on his hands.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cincinnati Redstockings were the first MLB team in Cincinnati, and the first team ever, but they folded in 1870.

There were teams around before the Braves, but the Braves are the longest continuously operating franchise.
Being the Boston Red Stockings is allowed?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but your cubs jeering jersey has yet another wash cycle of stories to tell.
Thanks for the reminder. I do need to give my Fukudome gray jersey a good washing for the last two games.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said numerous times, I hope the Cubs don't win it all until the last fan that made Steve Bartman's life a living hell dies. None of those scumbags deserve to celebrate a World Series. And Moises Alou is a piece of shit too. Not like he would have caught the ball anyways.
Wouldn't have caught it?!?!? Lmao. There's multiple angle slomo video evidence. Gawd you're a fool.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I just flat out don't like the Cubs.

Hate to tell em, but they missed a season due to the Chicago Fire, so that makes the Braves the longest continually running franchise in the Majors.
Is that REALLY a big issue with you? You are using a devastatingly tragic event that killed hundreds of people to legitimize a stupid baseball record for your own team? Yeah, I'm sure you are a great person in real life. That record doesn't even matter. Nobody cares but you.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am a Chicago Cubs fan, I almost root for an epic curse type play that costs them the world series then to win the world series. Why? Because the curse and the 100+ years of suffering, the loveable loser moniker, is what makes Cubs fans Cubs fans. It's what makes Chicago Cubs so great. It's what has made this post season and current World Series so great. Everyone is tuning in because of the potential end to pro sports longest championship drought filled with historic mishaps and losing.

Cubs win the world series and that is all over. The next time they go to the World Series bars are not going to be selling out standing room only events at 7:30 AM before a game. They become a mainstay in the elite of baseball and the curse and their longtime suffering is over. No more need for the sports broadcast to pan Wrigley field looking for the elderly fan who has been waiting their lifetime to see the Cubs win the world series.

Cubs win the world series and they lose a piece of history, they lose a piece of themselves that has made them so great.

So cheer up Cubs fans if you don't make a miracle come back being down 3-1 in this world series. This series loss just adds to your amazing track of being a baseball fan.

Why do think it is that everyone loves the Cubs for being losers, but Oregon are losers and everyone thinks they're annoying as fuck?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that REALLY a big issue with you? You are using a devastatingly tragic event that killed hundreds of people to legitimize a stupid baseball record for your own team? Yeah, I'm sure you are a great person in real life. That record doesn't even matter. Nobody cares but you.

Dude, lighten up.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alou even said he wouldn't have caught it.
He said that a decade later to diffuse the issue. And you know it. Again. There is multiple slomo video evidence. And you also know that.

The fucking idiots on this board are astounding

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that a decade later to diffuse the issue. And you know it. Again. There is multiple slomo video evidence. And you also know that.

The fucking idiots on this board are astounding

You really think an over the hill piss hands would have caught that ball?

Keep dreamin, hoss.

But, lighten up, Francis. You need to get back to sending me Ameripolitan videos.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think an over the hill piss hands would have caught that ball?

Keep dreamin, hoss.

But, lighten up, Francis. You need to get back to sending me Ameripolitan videos.
Slomo video evidence from multiple angles.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slomo video evidence from multiple angles.

Would have hit off the end of the glove and still been a foul ball. Cubs fan just used it as an excuse for their team's collapse.