• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS's Top 10 Point Guards for the upcoming season

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Russell Westbrook
2) Steph Curry
3) Dame Lillard
4) Chris Paul
5) Kyrie Irving
6) John Wall
7) Kyle Lowry
8) Kemba Walker
9) Mike Conley
10) Isaiah Thomas

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense part has some merit, although Rubio is the better team defender, Rondo is the better man defender.

Rondos shot however is worse, Rondos percentage is higher because he can finish at the rim. Rubio might be the worst all time at that, Rubio hits better from 3 and at the line than Rondo though.

Both players are close, but I take Rubio in it(I obviously am bias on it). Rondo is a PG that you have to hide at the end of the game though as he is susceptable to the hack-a-Shaq strategy.

Rondo at one point may have been a good defender, but he's not any longer. Rubio is miles ahead defensively. Rondo seems to be mailing it in most days now, but it goes unnoticed by a lot of people because of his perception as a good defender.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo at one point may have been a good defender, but he's not any longer. Rubio is miles ahead defensively. Rondo seems to be mailing it in most days now, but it goes unnoticed by a lot of people because of his perception as a good defender.

Current day Rondo for sure. The assist hunting always bothered me too

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree--- rondo has not been an elite defender in a long time- and Rubio is right in the middle of his prime and has really taken some nice steps defensively.

If i was a team in need of a point guard id be ringing Minnesota off the hook. Rubio never became the league star that many hyped him to be- and his shot is still not good (although he has gone from being HORRIBLE to being fairly respectable shooting wise), -but he is an amazing passer, and a very good defender and seems like a good team guy.

I think Rubio would thrive in the right situation with the right shooters and playmakers around him. New Orleans would be a great fit in my opinion. Sacramento would be a very solid fit. DALLAS is the place where i think he could turn into a freaking stud if he could get there somehow.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense part has some merit, although Rubio is the better team defender, Rondo is the better man defender.

Rondos shot however is worse, Rondos percentage is higher because he can finish at the rim. Rubio might be the worst all time at that, Rubio hits better from 3 and at the line than Rondo though.

Both players are close, but I take Rubio in it(I obviously am bias on it). Rondo is a PG that you have to hide at the end of the game though as he is susceptable to the hack-a-Shaq strategy.

Last 3 seasons...

Rondo 33.3% from 3
Rubio 31.8% from 3

Rondo 35% from 10-15
Rubio 25% from 10-15 (worst for a guard in the NBA and takes this shot twice as often as Rondo for some reason)

Rondo's percentage is higher because he takes more makeable shots, but when they push away from the basket, it's not like Rubio is shooting better.

I agree Rondo is bad at the line, a tad over 50%. Haven't seen him pulled late in games due to Hack a Rondo, I remember a game where a team tried that and lost, but maybe it is more common.

Rubio is not a better team defender IMO. He does wander for steals, but I don't like how he boxes out, don't like how he defends bigger players when caught on the switch, don't like how his team has been the worst D in the league the past 2 seasons. But Rondo has been slipping there himself lately.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how Rondo and Rubio got into this conversation because they are definitely not top 10. To rank them that high, they would need to go ahead of players like Lowry, Conley and Isaiah Thomas. That simply is not close to being true.

Heck, I would take Teague, Bledsoe, Jackson and probably Dragic ahead of both.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Russell Westbrook
2) Steph Curry
3) Dame Lillard
4) Chris Paul
5) Kyrie Irving
6) John Wall
7) Mike Conley
8) Kyle Lowry
9) Isaiah Thomas
10) Kemba Walker

1: Russ is a no brainer at 1. With KD leaving, the guy is going to be an absolute beast this year. And it's exactly what the Thunder will need of him to compete for a playoff spot.

2: Steph is solidy at 2 behind Russ. Even with possibly deferring to KD a bit, he's still going to need to be an MVP type player again for the Warriors. He may not have the volume of shots, but I expect his assists to go through the roof. I could see him having a 20/10 year.

3-5: I think these guys are all on a similar level. I have Dame at 3 because if you look at his production last year, it was criminal he didn't make the all-star team. He is the piece that makes this team go and will be the ultimate reason for any success they have. CP3 I have slightly ahead of Irving, because even though the Clips have Griffin, CP3 is what makes this team work. If he's not out there playing up to his standard game, the Clippers are so, so much worse. He's vital to initiating their offense and while he's not the defender he once was, he's still one of the best at the position. Kyrie I have at 5 because he'll have numbers, but his all come as a second option. He's going to be an all-star again, but I have the others ahead of him because of their importance to their respective clubs as the #1 guy.

6-8: These guys are also close grouping for me. I have Wall ahead of the others because I think this is a major make or break season for him. He's upset that Beal got all this money and he's going to go out and prove he's up there. It's been said he's mad that he doesn't have the endorsements that some of the other guys get, so I think he's going to go all out this year. Just a gut feeling. Conley is going to have a big year. Always reliable, great offensively and defensively, and now he's going to have the freedom to run the offense instead of basically being relegated to 5 seconds on the shot clock or less duty. Kyle Lowry is at 8 for me because probably I'm biased. I just couldn't justify putting him ahead of anyone else here.

9: Isaiah Thomas finally got that recognition as an all-star last year and I think he repeats his performance, if not exceeds it. Horford is going to help space the offense in a major way and give him a lot more room to operate.

10: Kemba is going to have to be the guy that pushes his team into the playoffs and I think he's capable. I think he's gotten better every year in the league and I think he takes one big step this year. He won't have much offensive help outside of Batum, so he's going to be relied upon heavily.

Have to to a mid-season update to this list. Here's how it looks so far based on this seasons production:

1) James Harden
2) Russell Westbrook
3) Isaiah Thomas
4) Steph Curry
5) John Wall
6) Kyrie Irving
7) Dame Lillard
8) Kyle Lowry
9) Mike Conley
10) Goran Dragic

Toughest Omissions: CP3 and Kemba Walker. CP3 omission is mostly due to the number of games he's missed this year. Kemba is having a fantastic year, but recency bias strikes here as Dragic is playing fantastic and has the Heat slightly ahead of the Hornets in the standings. His play has gone largely unnoticed this year, but he's playing terrific.

Harden is now a PG. Even though RW has better numbers Harden's team is having much more success and Harden, imo, has been the best floor general in the NBA this year.

Russ is gonna Russ.

Thomas, where the hell did this come from. I think we could all admit he was a fringe all-star type player, but he's bumped it up this year to be in the MVP conversation. That's insane.

Steph is having a still solidly productive year. If this were one month previous, I might have him rated as low as 9, but he's finally starting to hit his groove with Durant. He won co-player of the month award last month and has been playing like his MVP self.

Wall is having another great year. I think he's really stepped it up to round out his overall game. If Harden, Russ and Thomas weren't putting up such ridiculous numbers, Wall would be getting some massive love from the media and deservedly so.

Kyrie is having another good year. Playing about as well as people expected, but the guys ahead of him are doing more.

Dame is kind of disappointing to me. I left him here at 7, but an argument can be made to put him lower because of the success, or lack of success from his team.

Lowry and Conley are both again having very consistent seasons for them. Lowry was playing really well at the beginning of the year, but has cooled a bit throughout the season. Conley had to deal with that injury which set him back but he's clearly what makes the Grizzlies go.

Lastly, Dragic, I had to give him some love. I had him pegged for done at the start of the year. I had him as about an average starter in the NBA, somewhere along the lines of a Rubio or Teague. You know what you'd get from his skillset. But he's been really playing well this year and doing more with less. His numbers are there and he's been really the catalyst for the Heat's success.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to to a mid-season update to this list. Here's how it looks so far based on this seasons production:

1) James Harden
2) Russell Westbrook
3) Isaiah Thomas
4) Steph Curry
5) John Wall
6) Kyrie Irving
7) Dame Lillard
8) Kyle Lowry
9) Mike Conley
10) Goran Dragic

Toughest Omissions: CP3 and Kemba Walker. CP3 omission is mostly due to the number of games he's missed this year. Kemba is having a fantastic year, but recency bias strikes here as Dragic is playing fantastic and has the Heat slightly ahead of the Hornets in the standings. His play has gone largely unnoticed this year, but he's playing terrific.

Harden is now a PG. Even though RW has better numbers Harden's team is having much more success and Harden, imo, has been the best floor general in the NBA this year.

Russ is gonna Russ.

Thomas, where the hell did this come from. I think we could all admit he was a fringe all-star type player, but he's bumped it up this year to be in the MVP conversation. That's insane.

Steph is having a still solidly productive year. If this were one month previous, I might have him rated as low as 9, but he's finally starting to hit his groove with Durant. He won co-player of the month award last month and has been playing like his MVP self.

Wall is having another great year. I think he's really stepped it up to round out his overall game. If Harden, Russ and Thomas weren't putting up such ridiculous numbers, Wall would be getting some massive love from the media and deservedly so.

Kyrie is having another good year. Playing about as well as people expected, but the guys ahead of him are doing more.

Dame is kind of disappointing to me. I left him here at 7, but an argument can be made to put him lower because of the success, or lack of success from his team.

Lowry and Conley are both again having very consistent seasons for them. Lowry was playing really well at the beginning of the year, but has cooled a bit throughout the season. Conley had to deal with that injury which set him back but he's clearly what makes the Grizzlies go.

Lastly, Dragic, I had to give him some love. I had him pegged for done at the start of the year. I had him as about an average starter in the NBA, somewhere along the lines of a Rubio or Teague. You know what you'd get from his skillset. But he's been really playing well this year and doing more with less. His numbers are there and he's been really the catalyst for the Heat's success.
IT over Curry?

can i give you a "prisoner of the moment award"?

there is a difference between who is having a better season- and who is a better player. Roles MATTER.

IT having the ball in his hands the whole time because the rest of the team is not grat offensively matters. John Wall being the ONLY ball handler on his team that is worth a shit matters.

obviously no one is taking IT over Curry EVER. If Chris Paul broke his leg tomorrow on top of whatever injury he has id still take him over Goran Dragic.

your list would be better being called- the "prisoner of the moment list"--- not the- who is actually BETTER than who list.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT over Curry?

there is a difference between who is having a better season- and who is a better player. Roles MATTER.

IT having the ball in his hands the whole time because the rest of the team is not grat offensively matters. John Wall being the ONLY ball handler on his team that is worth a shit matters.

obviously no one is taking IT over Curry EVER. If Chris Paul broke his leg tomorrow on top of whatever injury he has id still take him over Goran Dragic.

your list would be better being called- the "prisoner of the moment list"--- not the- who is actually BETTER than who list.

Again, this list, as was the original, was based off of single season production. So prisoner of the moment is actually correct in my assessment.

I mean, it's literally the second sentence in my post.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this list, as was the original, was based off of single season production. So prisoner of the moment is actually correct in my assessment.

I mean, it's literally the second sentence in my post.
if its prisoner of the momeny though- i dont know how lillard is higher than lowry- lowry is having phenomnal year....the blazers are a mess and lillard is prob the worst defensive pg this side of isiah thomas (and yes i know irving isnt far behind but hes better than those 2 defesnively!)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its prisoner of the momeny though- i dont know how lillard is higher than lowry- lowry is having phenomnal year....the blazers are a mess and lillard is prob the worst defensive pg this side of isiah thomas (and yes i know irving isnt far behind but hes better than those 2 defesnively!)

Yeah, but Dame is still averaging 25.7 a game, with 5.8 and 4.9 respectively. Lowry's numbers are good too at 22.8, 6.9 and 4.7 too. It's just a matter of preference for me.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT over Curry?

I skipped over the middle part of this thread. Which post# did you eat crow about Wall???

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT over Curry?

Reading is not your thing?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) James Harden
2) Russell Westbrook
3) Isaiah Thomas
4) Steph Curry
5) John Wall
6) Kyrie Irving
7) Dame Lillard
8) Kyle Lowry
9) Mike Conley
10) Goran Dragic

I don't have any issue with your list. Nice to see Dragic getting some love

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

standing-ovation.gif

9fcac26ed4670fdfb06beac5d7de11d4.jpg

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Dame is still averaging 25.7 a game, with 5.8 and 4.9 respectively. Lowry's numbers are good too at 22.8, 6.9 and 4.7 too. It's just a matter of preference for me.

I would still take Lowry, he puts up slightly less on offense while not being a massive negative on defense.

I think we all missed on thomas, he is killing it this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I skipped over the middle part of this thread. Which post# did you eat crow about Wall???

He won't answer you because Wiggy HAS to be right all the time and cowers away like a little bitch when he's not