• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS's Top 10 Point Guards for the upcoming season

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Russell Westbrook
2) Steph Curry
3) Dame Lillard
4) Chris Paul
5) Kyrie Irving
6) John Wall
7) Mike Conley
8) Kyle Lowry
9) Isaiah Thomas
10) Kemba Walker

1: Russ is a no brainer at 1. With KD leaving, the guy is going to be an absolute beast this year. And it's exactly what the Thunder will need of him to compete for a playoff spot.

2: Steph is solidy at 2 behind Russ. Even with possibly deferring to KD a bit, he's still going to need to be an MVP type player again for the Warriors. He may not have the volume of shots, but I expect his assists to go through the roof. I could see him having a 20/10 year.

3-5: I think these guys are all on a similar level. I have Dame at 3 because if you look at his production last year, it was criminal he didn't make the all-star team. He is the piece that makes this team go and will be the ultimate reason for any success they have. CP3 I have slightly ahead of Irving, because even though the Clips have Griffin, CP3 is what makes this team work. If he's not out there playing up to his standard game, the Clippers are so, so much worse. He's vital to initiating their offense and while he's not the defender he once was, he's still one of the best at the position. Kyrie I have at 5 because he'll have numbers, but his all come as a second option. He's going to be an all-star again, but I have the others ahead of him because of their importance to their respective clubs as the #1 guy.

6-8: These guys are also close grouping for me. I have Wall ahead of the others because I think this is a major make or break season for him. He's upset that Beal got all this money and he's going to go out and prove he's up there. It's been said he's mad that he doesn't have the endorsements that some of the other guys get, so I think he's going to go all out this year. Just a gut feeling. Conley is going to have a big year. Always reliable, great offensively and defensively, and now he's going to have the freedom to run the offense instead of basically being relegated to 5 seconds on the shot clock or less duty. Kyle Lowry is at 8 for me because probably I'm biased. I just couldn't justify putting him ahead of anyone else here.

9: Isaiah Thomas finally got that recognition as an all-star last year and I think he repeats his performance, if not exceeds it. Horford is going to help space the offense in a major way and give him a lot more room to operate.

10: Kemba is going to have to be the guy that pushes his team into the playoffs and I think he's capable. I think he's gotten better every year in the league and I think he takes one big step this year. He won't have much offensive help outside of Batum, so he's going to be relied upon heavily.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honey-youve-got-a-big-storm-coming.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Westbrook

2. Curry

3. CP3

4. Wall

5. Kyrie

6. Dame

7. Thomas

8. Conley

9. Lowry

10. Kemba

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. CP3
4. Lillard
5. Wall

Couldn't give a fuck about the rest.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honk the list is fine, but I would put Paul ahead of Lillard.

As for 5-8, I think all those guys are interchangeable and their value depends on the team they are on.

For example, if you trade Kyrie and John Wall, both teams probably get worse because Cleveland needs Kyrie's shooting more than Wall's playmaking. Same is true for Irving/Conley or Lowry. All those guys got their systems well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Westbrook

2. Curry

3. CP3

4. Wall

5. Kyrie

6. Dame

7. Thomas

8. Conley

9. Lowry

10. Kemba
i couldve MAYBE understood Lillard with your infatuation for him even though he is old enough to be Kyrie's dad, and is allergic to All Star and Olympic teams.....

but John Wall? cmon.......

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see wiggy is upset nobody picked Kyrie to be number 1.

And is he talking about dicks in post #6? That would explain a lot...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i couldve MAYBE understood Lillard with your infatuation for him even though he is old enough to be Kyrie's dad, and is allergic to All Star and Olympic teams.....

but John Wall? cmon.......

LmfAo!!

Yeah, I have always had a big ole crush on Dame.

Kyrie is a better PLAYER than Wall and Dame.

...well, he's a better SCORER.

But, they are better POINT GUARDS...imo

Plus, Wall and Dame will have bigger roles in their Teams.

It's hard to rank as the top guy at any position when you are the Robin for your Team.

That's why Curry can't be #1 for me.

But, These things are subjective.

It's obvious that your definition of pg differs greatly from mine.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall should have to play this season in the WNBA

I can only assume your recent Wall comments are deliberate troll attempts aimed at me. There are 2 big facts you are missing though:

1) I don't overvalue Wizards players
2) I don't fly off the handle if somebody has something negative to say about my guys.

Wall is a very good player, but he has some limitations keeping him out of the elite class. He has the talent to join the players in the tier above (at least 3 and 4) but he needs to develop as a leader, and I am not sure I see that happening.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a true John Wall story from an encounter I had with him back in 2008:

I was coaching at a BBall camp that was attended by Wall. He had recently taken over the top national prospect ranking in his class, so naturally all the other players were somewhat in awe of Wall, and he didn't really interact a ton with the other players. One of his AAU coaches accompanied him everywhere that week. They would arrive late to workouts and Wall would lean back in a chair on the side of the gym while his "coach" literally put Wall's shoes on for him as if Wall was beneath doing such a task himself.

Needless to say, after watching a grown ass man baby Wall to that extent at such an impressionable age, it is amazing that he has turned out as well as he has. This type of stuff would explain his diva status.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a true John Wall story from an encounter I had with him back in 2008:

I was coaching at a BBall camp that was attended by Wall. He had recently taken over the top national prospect ranking in his class, so naturally all the other players were somewhat in awe of Wall, and he didn't really interact a ton with the other players. One of his AAU coaches accompanied him everywhere that week. They would arrive late to workouts and Wall would lean back in a chair on the side of the gym while his "coach" literally put Wall's shoes on for him as if Wall was beneath doing such a task himself.

Needless to say, after watching a grown ass man baby Wall to that extent at such an impressionable age, it is amazing that he has turned out as well as he has. This type of stuff would explain his diva status.

With his height, speed and passing ability, If he developed a reliable jumper, Bitch ass or not, he'd be murder.

Bad Boys Isiah Thomas was a piece of shit as a human being.

But, Damn if he wasn't elite.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3