• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS's Top 10 Point Guards for the upcoming season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG's- list- with the caveat CS stated that contribution and importance to team matter-as explained in the PF thread- when discussing Kevin Love.

"Kevin Love is very good, but he's a third option on a great team. That factors into at least my rankings. It may not for you. Again my rankings don't take into account talent, but sheer production and value to their teams"

1. RW
2. CP3
3. D. Lillard
4. Wall
5. Kemba
6. Lowry
7. Conley
8. Kyrie
9. Curry
10. Bledsoe

If you are ACTUALLY grading how GOOD a player is?

1. Curry
2. RW
3. CP3
4. Kyrie
5. Lillard
6. Lowry
7. Kemba
8. Wall
9. Bledsoe
10. Rubio

ill give CP3 the benefit of the doubt for one more year- but another year of aging, and another year of moving towards his prime- KI will overtake him next year.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG's- list- with the caveat CS stated that contribution and importance to team matter-as explained in the PF thread- when discussing Kevin Love.

"Kevin Love is very good, but he's a third option on a great team. That factors into at least my rankings. It may not for you. Again my rankings don't take into account talent, but sheer production and value to their teams"

1. RW
2. CP3
3. D. Lillard
4. Wall
5. Kemba
6. Lowry
7. Conley
8. Kyrie
9. Curry
10. Bledsoe

If you are ACTUALLY grading how GOOD a player is?

1. Curry
2. RW
3. CP3
4. Kyrie
5. Lillard
6. Lowry
7. Kemba
8. Wall
9. Bledsoe
10. Rubio

ill give CP3 the benefit of the doubt for one more year- but another year of aging, and another year of moving towards his prime- KI will overtake him next year.

Not sure I'd put Rubio as top 10 talent. He struggles to make a simple jumper... I think Rondo for example plays better D, distributes at least as well, has a better shot, and especially with Rubio not driving to the hole nearly as much anymore but settling more for that jump shot, is a more aggressive PG against the D.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Curry
2. Russ
3. CP3
4. Lillard
5. Kyrie
6. Wall
7. Lowry

Idc about the rest

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine what you must think about his contract.....yikes!

Got to agree... He's consistent (when he isn't hurt which has been an issue the past couple years). But ok shooter not great. Ok at running an offense not great. Ok scorer not great. Ok on d (maybe takes a few too many chances on steals) but not great. Not an all star, not a future HOFer... Not much upside to him beyond his game currently IMO.

And yes that contract is insane... Lucky lucky guy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to agree... He's consistent (when he isn't hurt which has been an issue the past couple years). But ok shooter not great. Ok at running an offense not great. Ok scorer not great. Ok on d (maybe takes a few too many chances on steals) but not great. Not an all star, not a future HOFer... Not much upside to him beyond his game currently IMO.

And yes that contract is insane... Lucky lucky guy.

Yeah.

Memphis was in a really tough spot.

They couldn't afford to let him walk for nothing.

But, Damn....that contract is BRUTAL.

Their entire Season comes down to health.

If Parsons, Conley and Gasol are healthily, 4th in the West is not out of the question.

If not, they are screwed.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Memphis was in a really tough spot.

They couldn't afford to let him walk for nothing.

But, Damn....that contract is BRUTAL.

Their entire Season comes down to health.

If Parsons, Conley and Gasol are healthily, 4th in the West is not out of the question.

If not, they are screwed.

Yeah but 30+ mil a year. I mean, hoping for 4th in the west with a decent roster isn't what I'd be paying for that. I get it though, not a FA destination, and it's not like 30 mil is getting them Blake or Steph next year.. But wow.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 point guard steph curry in real life bball

#1 point guard in fantasy westbrook
#1 PLAYER in fantasy- Russell Westbrook....seriously- i cant remember such a sure thing in fantasy - baseball/football/basketball....RW is gonna freaking TEAR IT UP this year in the box score...its gonna be crazy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 PLAYER in fantasy- Russell Westbrook....seriously- i cant remember such a sure thing in fantasy - baseball/football/basketball....RW is gonna freaking TEAR IT UP this year in the box score...its gonna be crazy.

Honestly, Harden might be as good or better in category based leagues. His points/rebounds/assists won't be quite as good (close), but his 3s and FT% contribution could even things out. Harden will be sick for fantasy also.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Westbrook

2. Curry

3. CP3

4. Wall

5. Kyrie

6. Dame

7. Thomas

8. Conley

9. Lowry

10. Kemba

I would put Kyrie in front of Wall and probably Lillard too. Slide Thomas back a couple and it looks good lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Kyrie in front of Wall and probably Lillard too. Slide Thomas back a couple and it looks good lol

So basically my original list?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd put Rubio as top 10 talent. He struggles to make a simple jumper... I think Rondo for example plays better D, distributes at least as well, has a better shot, and especially with Rubio not driving to the hole nearly as much anymore but settling more for that jump shot, is a more aggressive PG against the D.

The defense part has some merit, although Rubio is the better team defender, Rondo is the better man defender.

Rondos shot however is worse, Rondos percentage is higher because he can finish at the rim. Rubio might be the worst all time at that, Rubio hits better from 3 and at the line than Rondo though.

Both players are close, but I take Rubio in it(I obviously am bias on it). Rondo is a PG that you have to hide at the end of the game though as he is susceptable to the hack-a-Shaq strategy.