• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crosby doubts

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good part is he is pushing himself in his non contact training. It will be interesting game 1 then on game 20 where he is on a comeback.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. The worst part for Shero is, I'd guess, is that until he knows for sure when Crosby can come back, he can't take steps to get players to help in his absence.

And just like last season, no one knows when that may be. Not Shero, not Sid, not the doctors, not us.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has definitely got to be worrisome for both Sid and the Pens' organization. To still be having any type of symptoms this long after the initial concussion is not good in any way, shape, or form. All anyone can really do is hope it ends well

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm okay with Sid sitting. Malkin needs to carry the offense, you still have a strong second line with Staal centering it, you still have a good defense and goaltending.

When Sid is ready to play he plays. I hope he doesn't come back early.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many guys who had back2back concussions like Sid did take a year to recover; Pierre Marc Bouchard and David Perron come to mind. I'm guessing there are others.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sid's not ready at the start of camp, don't rush him...if Sid's not ready at the All Star break, don't rush him, if Sid's not ready next April, don't rush him. if he needs to sit out this season, let him get completely healthy.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm okay with Sid sitting. Malkin needs to carry the offense, you still have a strong second line with Staal centering it, you still have a good defense and goaltending.

Yea, but it's just a shame that not only is the NHL's best talent not playing, but with this injury, the Pens can't just go get other talent to help carry the load unless they sit him for the entire year starting NOW...
... so they know exactly how much $cap space$ they have.

can't trade or sign for a 8.7 million-dollars in forward now if they arent even sure if Sid will be back in October, January, or next season at all.

Well, no sense even speculating until the season opener rolls up and we see for sure I guess.:pray:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would be bad for the league if he couldnt get back...most of the hits he took were bull shit shots...league really needs to crack down...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, but the Steckel one was deliberate, no he didnt mean to knock Sid out for the season, but he did try to sneak in a shot behind the play. Kind of like the Chara hit, it was dirty but not meant to be as devastating as it turned out.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, but the Steckel one was deliberate, no he didnt mean to knock Sid out for the season, but he did try to sneak in a shot behind the play. Kind of like the Chara hit, it was dirty but not meant to be as devastating as it turned out.
...hmm maybe my statement wasnt taking the right way... i agree 100% dbe...i saw the elbow to the head...it needs to be handle...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe the hits on Crosby were anything to make a big fuss about. Just an unfortunate outcome. As much as I hate playing against him, I hope he is back soon. But if those hits happened to anybody else, no one would give a shit, those were not 100% dirty hits.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks!

The Pens are going to support him, but he should do something to rearrange his contract with a winkwink backroom deal. "When you retire someday you'll get a 20M consultant fee to help us do xyz..."

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe the hits on Crosby were anything to make a big fuss about. Just an unfortunate outcome. As much as I hate playing against him, I hope he is back soon. But if those hits happened to anybody else, no one would give a shit, those were not 100% dirty hits.

That is a fairly broad generalization. There are plenty of highly talented, exciting and popular players in the NHL. There are two in Chicago i could see people getting bent about, a couple in Philly, Detroit, Vancouver, San Jose, L.A., Boston, NJ, Washington, etc.

Placing blame is pointless, I just want to see Crosby recover from this.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
. But if those hits happened to anybody else, no one would give a shit.

Yes they WOULD give a shit. Quite as much? No, probably not. But they would. I watched the Penguins get attacked in February by an entire Islander team over a clean hit made by Talbot. I hear about Savard nonstop. Booth. Pacioretti. On and on.

Same as if Tom Brady got his knee blown out compared to Kevin Kolb. Of course more is made of Brady, I get that.

If anything, I have to give Steckel props for pulling off a shot like that and make it look like a casual accident. If Cooke could win an Oscar like that he'd be in a lot more games.........:ss:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, I have to give Steckel props for pulling off a shot like that and make it look like a casual accident. If Cooke could win an Oscar like that he'd be in a lot more games.........:ss:

I mean....probaly not....

....but you are going to see and believe what you want to.

It makes the injury easier to swallow, I guess because you want to blame someone.

I mean....it was David Steckel.....

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree in part about the unfortunate outcome.It sucks to have his talent missing from the league.

As for anyone else getting those hits(and same outcome?),I would give a shit if guys like Datsyuk,Stamkos,Sedin's,Ovechkin,St.Louis,and yes even Marc Savard to name a few,were out of their teams lineup.

I like to see the best players going at all times,when my Flyers have an off night.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It makes the injury easier to swallow, I guess because you want to blame someone.
I mean....it was David Steckel.....

Of COURSE I want to blame someone. I blame the guy that hit him blindside. Not Ovi, Richards, Hartnell, or Carcillo... Steckel. But just because it's David Steckel, not David Cooke or David Avery, doesnt mean he didn't take the shot.

THAT SAID... I already mentioned that I think Steckel didnt mean to knock Sid out for...well.. for as long as it takes him to come back. He had a chance to give Crosby a shot behind the play, and he took it.

Not condoning it, but neither am I crucifying Steckel for doing something 70% of NHL players would do in a similar situation.... but it happened.

It happened, and yes, it's sickening to Pens fans the outcome, and if the Kid never returns or doesnt return the same player... well, the NHL is a less interesting league. And that hurts the sport.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i made it emu!!! Where to begin?...hmmmmm GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) i be back in a bit!!