• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crest the next Boykin?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charleston Gazette-Mail | Big 12 media days: Holgorsen says Crest shouldnt be limited to QB

“If you’re recruiting better athletes who are quarterbacks, I don’t understand what the big deal is about getting them out there to play other positions. An athletic quarterback that’s involved in the run game and the draw game and the perimeter game, that’s no different than a guy that’s lined up in the backfield or the slot.’’

I understand his point. Coach Stewart put Jarrett Brown on the field for similar reasons. But, like we saw with JB… an injury can result in his loss to the team. Can't live in fear, just citing a potential consequence.

From what I've read, Crest is one of the team's best athletes. Getting him on the field to make plays… to help the team win… should be priority #1!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crest is if not the immediate future at QB for Wv he will be shortly...the kid can be as good as Geno was...interesting though...it seems that college coaches are looking at players the way alot of them were in High school playing dual roles....hey it smells of Gordy Lochbaum!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, Crest has had a little trouble grasping the offense and making his reads.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, Crest has had a little trouble grasping the offense and making his reads.

He ran the "Identical" offense in HS...maybe its a terminology or read issue?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see sets with Howard,Crest, and Smallwood/Shell/DTW in the backfield to go with our WR group spreading everyone else out everywhere else. I hope Dana gets very creative this year with the weapons he has at his disposal now.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see sets with Howard,Crest, and Smallwood/Shell/DTW in the backfield to go with our WR group spreading everyone else out everywhere else. I hope Dana gets very creative this year with the weapons he has at his disposal now.

Dana mentioned this at the Big 12 media days. To stay ahead of the other teams in the conference running the same offense, he has developed personnel sets.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran the "Identical" offense in HS...maybe its a terminology or read issue?

I am certainly no expert, but I think there is more to Dana's offense than he lets on. I'm sure terminology and hand signals play a part in the learning curve. However, Skyler ran the offense in high school and his one year of JUCO, and he had trouble transitioning at first last season too.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly no expert, but I think there is more to Dana's offense than he lets on. I'm sure terminology and hand signals play a part in the learning curve. However, Skyler ran the offense in high school and his one year of JUCO, and he had trouble transitioning at first last season too.

I think that sounds right...the hand signal thing on the fly in the heat of battle probably looks 100 mph until you get the hang of it..

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes sense. One big hit and Crest is the man for the year. He needs to be ready to go at QB.That doesn't mean you can't throw in a special package or wrinkle for him.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets several minutes of PT for GASouthern game then an entire half va Liberty. Would set us up nicely headed into the Maryland game and conference play.