• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Credit Where Credit is Deserved

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all in I mean they got the last 3 or so years of Peyton Manning's career and loaded up for his 3 year run. Once he retires it won't matter much what is left from what he added because you will need to find another QB and no matter who you add won't provide this type of success. He is all in on trying to win a SB now and will mostly have to start over.

Pats have always planned for the future while trying to win now. They have maintained a level of success that has been unmatched since Belichick took over.

I have no problem with what Elway did. He made the most of the opportunity in front of him. I just find it absurd to suggest this is the way to go and somehow the Pats method is a thing of the past.

Let's be honest, Elway doesn't luck into Manning being available the Broncos are likely just floating at .500 these years. I wouldn't change the 14 years of (mostly) success for hoping you can catch lightning in a bottle.

And being a former player is meaningless to me. Elway himself has done a good job but there are as many if not more non-former players who have had success. The 3 most successful teams of the 2000s are the Pats, Colts and Steelers. None were built by former players.

Few things here...First what do you mean the Broncos have done nothing to prepare for the After Manning Years? Just a few years ago they drafted a guy by the name of Brock Osweiler who was a very raw prospect at quarterback but was considered to have very high potential and have worked to groom him to take over. Every year at least in the preseason he has shown improvement and this last preseason left most of us Bronco fans pretty impressed with his ability. Obviously I don't think he is the next Manning as those players only come around every once in a while.

Throw in it is not like the Broncos have completely ignored the rest of their roster. They still have the leader in Sacks with Von Miller, the top rated corner in the NFL in Chris Harris, a DL that is loaded with 1st and 2nd round picks that have all panned out pretty well, an OL that is anchored by an All-Pro LT even before Manning got here, RB's that are all 23 years or younger, a receiving core that is considered the best in the NFL by many. You have to remember that before Manning even came to town this roster actually won the AFC West with a guy named Tim Tebow as quarterback. So not like the roster is completely void of talent where they have to completely start from scratch.

Also again the Cap has not been thrown into Cap Hell with all of these signings that the after Manning years are just going to be the team trying to recover from what they did now. They have been smart with the way they sign players and a lot of teams have actually adopted the way the Broncos organize contracts in making them almost year by year type deals making the player have to perform to continue to get paid.

At this point I would say the Broncos and Patriots are in the same boat of rosters with some talent but how they do in the future will depend on the quarterback they find to replace their all-stars in Manning and Brady. You Patriot fans have no clue how good or bad this team will be without Brady. not like he is easy to replace either and just keep going as if nothing changed. We have both used a 2nd round pick on a quarterback with potential. Whether that pans out we have no clue.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps false hope but many of us are REALLY positive about Garappolo and keeping our fingers crossed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps false hope but many of us are REALLY positive about Garappolo and keeping our fingers crossed.

I understand that completely. He looked pretty decent so far. Many Bronco fans have the same thought about Osweiler. The only thing with him though is I think Manning outplays Osweiler's contract so could be interesting if we can get him resigned or if we go ahead and draft another quarterback with a premium pick here this upcoming draft. I'm actually ok with the Broncos going either way. This next draft looks pretty loaded with quarterback talent so we shall see.

Right now on this actual topic I don't think what the Patriots have been doing and continue to do is wrong or outdated. They just haven't hit on the draft picks quite as much as they were for quite a few years and even some of the FA's have really flamed out lately for the Patriots so for them if they can get a few picks to hit a little better they are continuing on just like they are right now of playoffs every year and as good of shot as any to win the Super Bowl.

I also though like the way the Broncos have been doing things with surrounding Manning with lots of talent but also having quite a few contracts off the books when he would retire giving us plenty of room to keep the young talent we do have and reload with some other FA talent as well. Again for both teams to continue having success though it will come down to can they find the heir to their quarterbacks that can be successful?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me how teams go after another team's back ups. Osweiler will probably get a prohibitive offer from the Raiders, just to move him away from Denver. Most never work out. There are exceptions and one doing quite well in Cleveland....Brian Hoyer. Problem there is that they have Johnny Football waiting in the wings collecting million$ of dollar$.

I think Grappolo has all of the tools to be a good(not great) NFL starting QB. He's taller than Brees and moves better. Has almost as quick a release as Manning. He's extremely accurate. His problem is the same as Osweiler, he playing behind a legend and will rarely get into a 'real' game unless the legend gets hurt. Or in the case of Brady, Belichick gets pissed off because the offense is tanking.....