• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy Stat

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah he should be a good corner, if he can stay healthy (that's the big thing). I still think there was other pressing needs so standing by my abysmal grade... but I get the upside...

Seattle has just so traditionally drafted secondary players well, I'm not sure why #5 was spent here.

I think a few things happened:

1) Anderson gone (they took Hall early 2nd, so they were absolutely looking for another EDGE),
2) Stroud gone,
3) Nobody wanted to trade up...

The last decision was, draft the BPA - who was admittedly Witherspoon at that point. I still have to stand by my grade/reaction at that time as I don't think corner was a big need... but if the strategy is BPA I can't fault that either, as Seattle has been routinely reaching for positions of need which hasn't worked out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah he should be a good corner, if he can stay healthy (that's the big thing). I still think there was other pressing needs so standing by my abysmal grade... but I get the upside...

Seattle has just so traditionally drafted secondary players well, I'm not sure why #5 was spent here.

1) Anderson gone (they took Hall early 2nd, so they were absolutely looking for another EDGE),
2) Stroud gone,

The last decision was, draft the BPA - who was admittedly Witherspoon at that point. I still have to stand by my grade/reaction at that time as I don't think corner was a big need... but if the strategy is BPA I can't fault that either, as Seattle has been routinely reaching for positions of need which hasn't worked out.

Have you asked yourself this. Why would Pete Carroll, the secondary whisperer, decide that Witherspoon was worth drafting at #5? To be honest, I didn't think there was a chance they would take ANY secondary player that early. If Pete thinks that highly of Witherspoon, maybe we should just trust him on it?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you asked yourself this. Why would Pete Carroll, the secondary whisperer, decide that Witherspoon was worth drafting at #5? To be honest, I didn't think there was a chance they would take ANY secondary player that early. If Pete thinks that highly of Witherspoon, maybe we should just trust him on it?

No question on the talent and potential. I think at #5 he was flat out the BPA... just not the biggest need.

There's no doubt Seattle should have the most talented CB duo in the NFL at this point... actually trio, Love + Bryant's progress last year was insane... I just hope all those guys aren't going to get destroyed by a 220 lb missile (running back running free) coming right at them.

Seattle clearly took an opportunity to make their WR and CB group arguably the best in the league... let's see how it goes... I still would've preferred addressing the front 7. I thought we were in an okay place CB wise, and Bryant is NOT a nickel CB...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question on the talent and potential. I think at #5 he was flat out the BPA... just not the biggest need.

There's no doubt Seattle should have the most talented CB duo in the NFL at this point... actually trio, Love + Bryant's progress last year was insane... I just hope all those guys aren't going to get destroyed by a 220 lb missile (running back running free) coming right at them.

Seattle clearly took an opportunity to make their WR and CB group arguably the best in the league... let's see how it goes... I still would've preferred addressing the front 7. I thought we were in an okay place CB wise, and Bryant is NOT a nickel CB...

IMO, there was no one at 5 that I would have been happy with on the front 6 except for Carter. And we'll find out if that was a huge blunder or not in the future. IMO, Wilson is redundant to what we have and comes with a lot of question marks.

Interior DL are either elite players or JAGs. And NTs are almost always guys you can get off the street. I think we sometimes lost sight of the bigger picture and because we see a need we assume that they need to use high draft capital to fill the need

If we replaced Njigba with Bresee or Mazi Smith, and then took a 4 round WRs instead of Young, would that have meant that our draft was a lot better? Maybe. Maybe not. IMO, Mike Morris was the better DL player on Michigan. We got him in the 5th. Bresee is a boom or bust guy. He was highly regarded in 2021 but he had a rough 2022 due to his sister dying and some injuries. He could turn out to be a great pick up or a huge disappointment.

To be honest, I didn't really want a WR in the 1st couple of rounds. And I didn't love the JSN pick at first. But when I read up on him, he strikes as the kind of guy that has a 10 year highly productive year. You put a Cooper Cupp type player in the slot with Tyler and DK, and this offense can be scary.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, there was no one at 5 that I would have been happy with on the front 6 except for Carter. And we'll find out if that was a huge blunder or not in the future. IMO, Wilson is redundant to what we have and comes with a lot of question marks.

Interior DL are either elite players or JAGs. And NTs are almost always guys you can get off the street. I think we sometimes lost sight of the bigger picture and because we see a need we assume that they need to use high draft capital to fill the need

If we replaced Njigba with Bresee or Mazi Smith, and then took a 4 round WRs instead of Young, would that have meant that our draft was a lot better? Maybe. Maybe not. IMO, Mike Morris was the better DL player on Michigan. We got him in the 5th. Bresee is a boom or bust guy. He was highly regarded in 2021 but he had a rough 2022 due to his sister dying and some injuries. He could turn out to be a great pick up or a huge disappointment.

To be honest, I didn't really want a WR in the 1st couple of rounds. And I didn't love the JSN pick at first. But when I read up on him, he strikes as the kind of guy that has a 10 year highly productive year. You put a Cooper Cupp type player in the slot with Tyler and DK, and this offense can be scary.

I had very little problem with Jaxon. I had a bigger problem with Witherspoon. You wanted Carter all along, and at that point, I really have to wonder what the Seattle FO thought at that point...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had very little problem with Jaxon. I had a bigger problem with Witherspoon. You wanted Carter all along, and at that point, I really have to wonder what the Seattle FO thought at that point...

They believe Witherspoon was the best player available to them that's what they thought. Can't fault that reasoning as he is a special player, but he will have a lot of flags thrown on him for PI and Taunting. He taunts on almost every play lol. Lets hope the other guys get him to stop the bs lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) Stroud gone,

You might find this to be a bit of a stretch but hear me out here.

I think at times we overestimate the individual impact of players and lose sight that it is a team sport. With a strong secondary, it's going to force quarterbacks to hold on to the ball a bit longer when their first and second reads are covered. That extra second gives the pass rushers a bit more time to get to the QB.

If you're more worried specifically about the run defense, I get it. But I do believe a big problem of our run defense last year was LB play. Brooks is an average at best ILB - I'd even go as far as saying he's slightly below average - and Barton is not an NFL starting caliber linebacker. I think Bobby Wagner coming back is bigger than people realize. He's lost a step in coverage, but according to PFF he was the NFL's best ILB last year. I think that's a bit higher than I'd place him, but he's still a great ILB.

Although the defensive line didn't receive the additions that would've been desired, I think overall the defense is a lot better and a lot deeper.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounded as if none of the top 3 QBs were available, their BPA was Will Anderson Jr., then Witherspoon.

I'm actually thankful that we selected where we did because if Richardson was on the board, it sounds like they would've strongly considered selecting him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might find this to be a bit of a stretch but hear me out here.

I think at times we overestimate the individual impact of players and lose sight that it is a team sport. With a strong secondary, it's going to force quarterbacks to hold on to the ball a bit longer when their first and second reads are covered. That extra second gives the pass rushers a bit more time to get to the QB.

If you're more worried specifically about the run defense, I get it. But I do believe a big problem of our run defense last year was LB play. Brooks is an average at best ILB - I'd even go as far as saying he's slightly below average - and Barton is not an NFL starting caliber linebacker. I think Bobby Wagner coming back is bigger than people realize. He's lost a step in coverage, but according to PFF he was the NFL's best ILB last year. I think that's a bit higher than I'd place him, but he's still a great ILB.

Although the defensive line didn't receive the additions that would've been desired, I think overall the defense is a lot better and a lot deeper.

Eh fair points. Can't really argue with anything you said. I do wish they'd spent a bit more on the inside front 7 position. But yes, Seattle should be a difficult team to pass on next year, assuming the secondary stays healthy...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) Stroud gone,

Witherspoon was plan B which I didn't think would happen since I thought 4 QBs would be off the board and Anderson falls. I still think the FO should have gone D-line but having possibly 2 lock down corners is a nice thought.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Pete and Jon weren't going to touch Carter. Way too many red flags off the field and in his conditioning. People are saying that his transition to the NFL will be smoother because of all the other Georgia D guys on the Eagles, but if he uses them as a crutch to continue his college ways, then it would be to his detriment. Add in the ruthless Philly fan base and his emotional demeanor, I can see him being a train wreck.

Pretty sure we play Philly this season, so hopefully we play them on a short week for Philly. Carter will be in rough shape.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witherspoon was plan B which I didn't think would happen since I thought 4 QBs would be off the board and Anderson falls. I still think the FO should have gone D-line but having possibly 2 lock down corners is a nice thought.
I think the cards traded with houston so we wouldnt get anderson, im sure they had other offers come in, possible better ones.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cards traded with houston so we wouldnt get anderson, im sure they had other offers come in, possible better ones.
It's quite possible but a dumb move. AZ is in no position to be turning down better offers while the team needs a lot of help on both sides of the ball.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite possible but a dumb move. AZ is in no position to be turning down better offers while the team needs a lot of help on both sides of the ball.

Eh they have a pretty good chance of securing a top 10 pick next year... Houston did get Stroud, but they'll still likely be pretty horrible lol. If Pierce can get healthy that's one thing, but they have nobody in their receiver group that scares anyone and 'Tank Dell' sucks lol. So yah, Arizona might be landing two top 5 picks next year.

That said, I think the Cardinals draft was very overrated. I get Paris will probably start at right tackle but meh? They should've just stayed at 12 and taken Ness or Jones.

Cards will suck next year. Should easily be 2 free wins. The midget doesn't scare anyone, his blocking will be better but he has nobody worthwhile to throw to outside of Hopkins (good luck against Witherspoon/Woolen) and Connor is probably one of the worst starting RBs in the league. They really could've used their 34th overall pick and probably just take Anderson. They run a 4-3 so Anderson's size wouldn't be too big of an issue. Meanwhile Arizona given how often they blitz (second highest in the league) did a fairly abysmal job getting to the QB so there was certainly a need there... And with all the receiving talent Seattle/San Fran has you certainly could've used a good OLB.

IMO they should've just taken Anderson and kept their 34 to take a tackle or guard there to help the midget. Everyone is grading Arizona's draft so high but frankly I don't think it was that impressive at all. Nobody they picked immediately helps them that much. Beachum and Humphries will be fine to go... so what, starting Johnson at GUARD!? lol, great... a guard at #6 overall. Yes I get he will shift to tackle later, but what's the point? Meanwhile they have no runningback worth jack shit lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh they have a pretty good chance of securing a top 10 pick next year... Houston did get Stroud, but they'll still likely be pretty horrible lol. If Pierce can get healthy that's one thing, but they have nobody in their receiver group that scares anyone and 'Tank Dell' sucks lol. So yah, Arizona might be landing two top 5 picks next year.

That said, I think the Cardinals draft was very overrated. I get Paris will probably start at right tackle but meh? They should've just stayed at 12 and taken Ness or Jones.

Cards will suck next year. Should easily be 2 free wins. The midget doesn't scare anyone, his blocking will be better but he has nobody worthwhile to throw to outside of Hopkins (good luck against Witherspoon/Woolen) and Connor is probably one of the worst starting RBs in the league. They really could've used their 34th overall pick and probably just take Anderson. They run a 4-3 so Anderson's size wouldn't be too big of an issue. Meanwhile Arizona given how often they blitz (second highest in the league) did a fairly abysmal job getting to the QB so there was certainly a need there... And with all the receiving talent Seattle/San Fran has you certainly could've used a good OLB.

IMO they should've just taken Anderson and kept their 34 to take a tackle or guard there to help the midget. Everyone is grading Arizona's draft so high but frankly I don't think it was that impressive at all. Nobody they picked immediately helps them that much. Beachum and Humphries will be fine to go... so what, starting Johnson at GUARD!? lol, great... a guard at #6 overall. Yes I get he will shift to tackle later, but what's the point? Meanwhile they have no runningback worth jack shit lol.
If they land top 2 than Murry will be moved and draft the best QB on the board and reset the franchise. I'm kind of seeing that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they land top 2 than Murry will be moved and draft the best QB on the board and reset the franchise. I'm kind of seeing that.
Eh I think they're stuck with Murray for 2 more years unless they find a trade partner - Cardinals might actually have to go up picks for someone to take on that dumbass contract they gave him.

Dead cap is $90M+ this year, and still around $80M next year. Post 6/1 trade works unless again someone agrees to take the dead cap... but I dunno who would trade for him at that point.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Seahawks sign WR Matt Landers? The skinny 6 foot 5 4.37 40 kid? I remember hearing about them going to sign him, then nothing about if they signed him or not. This kid is actually pretty quick but doesn't have DK's top speed and zero power when talking about DK haha. His Numbers show he is quicker though with a 3 cone drill of 6.8. ( DK was 7.1 or something )

I like the size to speed there as a UDFA. If he could add another 10-15 pounds of muscle ( 213-218lbs ) it would make me feel better. LMAO When Lockett came into the NFL I felt the same way.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Height
6'4"
Weight
Arm Length
32 1/2"
Wingspan
79 1/8"
Hand Size
9 1/4"
40-Yard Dash
Bench Press
-
Broad Jump
Vertical Jump
37"
20-Yard Shuttle
3-Cone

As you can see his quickness is solid his power.. well thats why he went undrafted im sure. Kid was graded as a 6th round pick. Like him as a project and hope they did snatch him. He might be like the project Lockette ( Richardo ) was.

DK's 3-cone was 7.38 so Landers is a 0.52 seconds faster.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'4" 203 lbs doesn't seem that skinny to me.