• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crap happens

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, guys, Chik got loose there for a while. I hope no one was offended and if so I do humbly apologize.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the hell would you leave your laptop in the kitchen?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the hell would you leave your laptop in the kitchen?

I have dysthymia. Occasionally my alter-ego ChikFil-A will come out and temporarily terrorize people. Sorry.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit: I don't believe you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another brief, but memorable, appearance by Chik!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit: I don't believe you.

It's true. I take medication. I am an accountant so I'm quiet at work. It only happens once a month or so now but it used to happen daily. Chik means well but he aint playing with even a half a deck.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have dysthymia. Occasionally my alter-ego ChikFil-A will come out and temporarily terrorize people. Sorry.

You do realize dysthymia has nothing to do with multiple personalities, dontch'a?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83880001_zps7e178648.gif

Hey Cam, someone snuck a webcam in behind you.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geneh, on a more serious note...that chik alter ego is a whipping. Not to be a dick, but let's retire the screaming alter egos

:suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. I take medication. I am an accountant so I'm quiet at work. It only happens once a month or so now but it used to happen daily. Chik means well but he aint playing with even a half a deck.

Do you have one of these too??

18816592_w434_h_q80.jpg

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geneh, on a more serious note...that chik alter ego is a whipping. Not to be a dick, but let's retire the screaming alter egos

:suds:

I get it. Hammer don't like Chik. Check.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize dysthymia has nothing to do with multiple personalities, dontch'a?

"Dysthymia often co-occurs with other mental disorders. A "double depression" is the occurrence of episodes of major depression in addition to dysthymia. Switching between periods of dysthymic moods and periods hypomanic moods, is indicative of cyclothymia, which is a mild variant of bipolar disorder."

I think it goes a lot deeper than you realize.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dysthymia often co-occurs with other mental disorders. A "double depression" is the occurrence of episodes of major depression in addition to dysthymia. Switching between periods of dysthymic moods and periods hypomanic moods, is indicative of cyclothymia, which is a mild variant of bipolar disorder."

I think it goes a lot deeper than you realize.

I think I know exactly what it involves. And yes, almost all mental health illnesses coincide with other mental health illnesses. Find me one that doesn't. Dysthymia is a term given to people who aren't bad enough to be diagnosed with major depression. It's "hey I've just been sad for a long time" instead of "hey i want to fucking kill myself because my girlfriend left me 3 months ago."

In other words...
Dysthymia = mild but longer lasting
Major depression = severe and usually more acute.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know exactly what it involves. And yes, almost all mental health illnesses coincide with other mental health illnesses. Find me one that doesn't. Dysthymia is a term given to people who aren't bad enough to be diagnosed with major depression. It's "hey I've just been sad for a long time" instead of "hey i want to fucking kill myself because my girlfriend left me 3 months ago."

In other words...
Dysthymia = mild but longer lasting
Major depression = severe and usually more acute.

Well, I don't have enough of the symptoms of schizophrenia to be considered schizophrenic, according to my counselor. The difference between a person with schizophrenia and dysthymia is a fine line that I don't cross. I do not have a totally separate personality(-ies). My current personality is altered from time to time, a lot less now than it used to be. I become very easily irritated and upset in addition to being depressed. Thus, I created ChikFil-A to better help me to deal with it.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't have enough of the symptoms of schizophrenia to be considered schizophrenic, according to my counselor. The difference between a person with schizophrenia and dysthymia is a fine line that I don't cross. I do not have a totally separate personality(-ies). My current personality is altered from time to time, a lot less now than it used to be. I become very easily irritated and upset in addition to being depressed. Thus, I created ChikFil-A to better help me to deal with it.

There is a fine line between a lot of mental illnesses. That is why you could go to one doctor and he may give you a Dysthymic diagnosis, go to another and he give you a Major Depression w/ melancholia diagnosis, and another that could give you a Bi-polar diagnosis. It is the Dr.'s perception of your problems based on your explanation (mostly). It's not like going to the Dr. with a sore throat where they can run cultures to find streptococci bacteria and diagnose you with strep throat.....it is subjective in nature.

And multiple personalities aren't a traditional symptom of schizophrenia. That is a common misconception. The traditional schizophrenic patient is someone who is severely paranoid to the point where it is life debilitating to the point that they develop delusions and hallucinations.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a fine line between a lot of mental illnesses. That is why you could go to one doctor and he may give you a Dysthymic diagnosis, go to another and he give you a Major Depression w/ melancholia diagnosis, and another that could give you a Bi-polar diagnosis. It is the Dr.'s perception of your problems based on your explanation (mostly). It's not like going to the Dr. with a sore throat where they can run cultures to find streptococci bacteria and diagnose you with strep throat.....it is subjective in nature.

And multiple personalities aren't a traditional symptom of schizophrenia. That is a common misconception. The traditional schizophrenic patient is someone who is severely paranoid to the point where it is life debilitating to the point that they develop delusions and hallucinations.

You seem to well informed. Have you studied psychiatry/psychology in depth?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to well informed. Have you studied psychiatry/psychology in depth?

I took a few college classes on it, have multiple family members in the industry, and have transcribed 1000s of different patient files for psychiatric doctors. I'm no psychiatrist by any means, but have always found it fascinating and soaked up a lot of knowledge from others close to me who are more knowledgeable on the subject than I. My mom is a licensed counselor with an M.S. in psychology, for example.