• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowherd Blasting Hibbert

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd doesn;t know what he is talking about. Pacers don't need Hibbert to be great or star, thye have plenty other. Just need him to take up space in middle, grab some boards and score a few. Pacers have never tried making him a star of the offensive, he is doing what the team needs him to do

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd is nothing more than a troll. He changes his mind often. He speaks spiritedly and very confidently about whatever topic he is discussing, but then when he is proven wrong, he doesn't admit being wrong, he just flips sides.

He's not much better than Skip or Stephen A.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd is nothing more than a troll. He changes his mind often. He speaks spiritedly and very confidently about whatever topic he is discussing, but then when he is proven wrong, he doesn't admit being wrong, he just flips sides.

:10:Bingo...!

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Roy. Good player. Good person. Highly intelligent. Bit on the shy side. I wish he were a bit more aggressive and nasty. The guy never retaliates. In a physical game like the NBA, I believe this is a mistake. But hey, that is his nature.

Yeah, we'll keep him. You guys probably don't like his shoes either. :laugh3:

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Hibbert must be the only player in the history of the NBA who has never failed to "go straight up" when defending a shot.

He seemed to have his own set of rules last year.

While we are on this subject, some of use can actually observe minute details of the game. A rare talent, to be sure. Part of Roy's ineffectiveness at times is because people have learned to get under him and bump him off balance. Don't remember ever seeing that called. So I guess turnabout is fair play, right?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of playing defense is also rebounding successfully. For a man Hibbert's size he should be pulling down at least 12-13 rebs a game. Yet for his career he's averaging 6.9 reb and this year he's averaging 7.6

Seriously...Jason Kidd used to average 8 rebounds a game in some of his prime years

As for shot blocking and shot altering...Hibbert is good but he's not great. His height and length alone contribute to at least 2/3 of the shots that he blocks and shots that he alters. If he was a more athletic and more skilled shot blocker...he would be averaging 3-4 blocks a game like Hakeem, Dikembe, Robinson, etc used to average

Now his offense. I think a lot of Indiana fans have come to accept that Hibbert will never average 18-20 ppg. But that doesn't mean that he's isn't a major disappointment in this part of his game. The guy is a 7'2 big man who has a jump shot and can hit free throws. There is no reason for him to be averaging only 11 ppg. It's very rare that you get a guy that big with those set of skills.

So when you break it all down. Hibbert, if he were to truly tap into all his potential (considering his size, skill set, and weak competition of big men around him), he should really be averaging 18-20 ppg and 12-13 rebs and shooting over 50 %

Yet he's 11 and 7 and shooting 46 %

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of playing defense is also rebounding successfully. For a man Hibbert's size he should be pulling down at least 12-13 rebs a game. Yet for his career he's averaging 6.9 reb and this year he's averaging 7.6

Seriously...Jason Kidd used to average 8 rebounds a game in some of his prime years

As for shot blocking and shot altering...Hibbert is good but he's not great. His height and length alone contribute to at least 2/3 of the shots that he blocks and shots that he alters. If he was a more athletic and more skilled shot blocker...he would be averaging 3-4 blocks a game like Hakeem, Dikembe, Robinson, etc used to average

Now his offense. I think a lot of Indiana fans have come to accept that Hibbert will never average 18-20 ppg. But that doesn't mean that he's isn't a major disappointment in this part of his game. The guy is a 7'2 big man who has a jump shot and can hit free throws. There is no reason for him to be averaging only 11 ppg. It's very rare that you get a guy that big with those set of skills.

So when you break it all down. Hibbert, if he were to truly tap into all his potential (considering his size, skill set, and weak competition of big men around him), he should really be averaging 18-20 ppg and 12-13 rebs and shooting over 50 %

Yet he's 11 and 7 and shooting 46 %

LMAO

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely different. He admits when he is wrong when ever he is wrong. You should have heard him talk about his blazing 5 this year.

I just realized when some one admits they are wrong you consider that flip flopping. Did scientists flip flop when they proved the earth was round? Or that it revolved around the sun and not vice versa? If that is flip flopping then how is that a negative?

I think you have to understand certain minds. Some people are not "fans". So flip flopping to you is just acquiring more information and amending a position usually for a more equitable future to others.

Even the flip flopping you mention he never said Hibbert was great and he also has not changed his stance that IND comes out of the East. The 2 are not exclusive.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't refute anything I say with actual basketball points so you resort to lmao?

I have given out too many points to too many people (usually Heat "fans") regarding that stuff you said. I'm fuckin tired of it right now. I disagree with what you said, that's all I'm saying.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Hibbert ranks in defensive rebounding?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I should filter it for just centers because other wise I have to count a shit ton...I know why Hibbert doesn't get many Defensive rebounds...they are all taken by Lance Stephenson and Paul George....errr and David West. Let me double check for Hill...ok he has more D rebounds per game than IND's PG...but no other starter.

And he is 11th among Centers in D reb per game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/stats/playersort/NBA/REBAVG/C/regularseason/?&_1:col_1=12#

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I should filter it for just centers because other wise I have to count a shit ton...I know why Hibbert doesn't get many Defensive rebounds...they are all taken by Lance Stephenson and Paul George....errr and David West. Let me double check for Hill...ok he has more D rebounds per game than IND's PG...but no other starter.

And he is 11th among Centers in D reb per game.

NBA Stats - CBSSports.com NBA Player Statistics

I guess I was wrong all these years of criticizing Bosh for his poor rebounding numbers despite him being the tallest player on the Heat. I guess it's because Lebron and Wade took them all......smh

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was wrong all these years of criticizing Bosh for his poor rebounding numbers despite him being the tallest player on the Heat. I guess it's because Lebron and Wade took them all......smh

You may be right. Hibbert patrols the rim and blocks the middle. Isn't Lance Stephenson the leading rebounding guard in the NBA? Thought I saw that somewhere. :noidea:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocking and altering shots usually gets you out of position for defensive rebounds. That being said, Hibbert's average is bad for someone his size. I don't watch Indiana enough. I imagine he doesn't pursue rebounds, more like hopes they fall his way.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocking and altering shots usually gets you out of position for defensive rebounds. That being said, Hibbert's average is bad for someone his size. I don't watch Indiana enough. I imagine he doesn't pursue rebounds, more like hopes they fall his way.

That's a poor excuse for not being able to rebound. I can name countless players who have averaged more blocks than Hibbert who also averaged more than 10 rebs a game.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all make some good points. Hibbert has always been a work in progress. Remember, the reason he was drafted where we got him was his "stiffness" and clumsiness. The guy actually had trouble running up and down the court without tripping over his own feet. I am being quite literal here.

The great thing about Roy is that he keeps working and keeps getting better. In small increments, to be sure. But he has improved each season. There is no reason to think he will stop doing so now.

I admire this young man. I think he deserves commendation for all the hard work it took to get him to this point.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kidd as a 34 year old point guard averaged 8.1 rebounds with the Nets. The year before that he averaged 8.2

Roy Hibbert as a 27 year old 7'2 big man is averaging 7.6 rebounds