• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowherd Blasting Hibbert

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that overrated player dominated the Heat in the paint in last seasons playoffs. In the end, it really doesn't matter what his stats are for the season, he just needs to show up against the Heat.

are you saying he's not overrated??

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you saying he's not overrated??

I think he's rated right about where he should be. He's an elite defender with an average at best offensive game.

All I'm saying is that whether you think he's overrated or not, he dominated Miami in the paint and is a huge reason why that series went 7 games. If he does it again, especially with HCA, I don't think Miami gets out of the ECF this time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's rated because of his DEFENSE, not his offense. He isn't overrated. The only thing I may give you is his tall ass should probably be getting a few more boards a game, but when you play with a team full of guys fighting to grab boards, it's only natural to have fewer rebounds. He isn't the only guy going up for them on Indy.

Stop with the lame excuses lol. Other teams somehow doesn't have this problem right? Only Roy Hibbert. Jordan is grabbing 14 RPG but Blake still manages to grab 10 RPG. Bogut grabs 10.5 RPG but Lee still manages to grab 9.8 RPG. Aldridge grabs 11.4 RPG but Lopez still is grabbing 8.6 RPG

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the lame excuses lol. Other teams somehow doesn't have this problem right? Only Roy Hibbert. Jordan is grabbing 14 RPG but Blake still manages to grab 10 RPG. Bogut grabs 10.5 RPG but Lee still manages to grab 9.8 RPG. Aldridge grabs 11.4 RPG but Lopez still is grabbing 8.6 RPG

You know Indy is 3rd in the league in rebounds right?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's rated right about where he should be. He's an elite defender with an average at best offensive game.

All I'm saying is that whether you think he's overrated or not, he dominated Miami in the paint and is a huge reason why that series went 7 games. If he does it again, especially with HCA, I don't think Miami gets out of the ECF this time.

He won't do it again. If you don't watch Hibbert enough, he struggles with anyone remotely close to him in size/weight because he just can't overpower them and shoot over them like they don't even exist. Hibbert is good when he is having a PF guarding him instead of an actual NBA center. Unlike last year Miami doesn't play as much small ball as they used to. Against bigger teams they try to have Bosh at his original position while having Bird or Oden at the Center.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't do it again. If you don't watch Hibbert enough, he struggles with anyone remotely close to him in size/weight because he just can't overpower them and shoot over them like they don't even exist. Hibbert is good when he is having a PF guarding him instead of an actual NBA center. Unlike last year Miami doesn't play as much small ball as they used to. Against bigger teams they try to have Bosh at his original position while having Bird or Oden at the Center.

I can't wait for the ECFs lol.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't pay someone the max contract if you think his offense is shitty...just doesn't happen

His offense isn't shitty, but even though they are an inside outside team, Hibbert isn't the main offense lol. He's got post moves, but he is SO GOOD at defense that yes, he, in my opinion, is worth that much money. Indy is the best in the league in defense mainly because of him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Heat had Birdman last year and it didn't help much. Oden is the x-factor in my opinion. But he needs to show that he can get those 15-20 minutes per game that you're hoping for and that he can be effective (and stay healthy).

So far, he's averaging 8.3 minutes per game. Seems like suddenly jumping to 15-20 might be a bit much to expect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 points and 2 rebounds

Hibbert had 24/12/2 last night. It just depends on whats happening in the game. Indy is deep and unselfish, so whoever is hot or whoever is getting open more, gets the stats that night. We don't force it through players like other teams. We don't have to. Whatever the defense is giving us, we adapt to it. Some nights George Hill is the main scorer, some nights it's West, some nights its Lance. Most nights it's PG, though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More excuses for Hibbert lack of offense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert had 24/12/2 last night. It just depends on whats happening in the game. Indy is deep and unselfish, so whoever is hot or whoever is getting open more, gets the stats that night. We don't force it through players like other teams. We don't have to. Whatever the defense is giving us, we adapt to it. Some nights George Hill is the main scorer, some nights it's West, some nights its Lance. Most nights it's PG, though.

:clap::clap::clap:

Congrats....Last night 24/12 performance improved his feb avg to 9.8 PPG & 7.1 RPG

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More excuses for Hibbert lack of offense.

aSGGIwE.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out his blocks and EVERYTHING else he does for the defense. Pretty pathetic, BK.

Of course I'm going to leave out his defense because I have yet to criticize what he does on defense so I would mentioned it if I'm on your side when it comes to his defense?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also avg. 15FGA per game in that series, which wasn't by accident. I'm sure that was the plan by Vogel. Not sure this year will be the same plan if they meet again in ECF. Too many shooters to ignore to make the game plan "get it inside to Hibbert"

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense, Hibbert's like Tyson Chandler but Roy's slightly better.

Two guys who are over 7 feet yet get to the line barely 3x per game. That's absolutely absurd when you're avg. 30mpg

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert's a good player, as many have pointed out he forces teams to play more on the outside and keeps them out of the paint due to the "verticality rule". The topic of discussion isn't is Hibbert worth a damn, he clearly is. The thing is the Pacers gave him a max deal. Why pay a center a max deal when Hibbert's essentially averaging normal starter stats? Sure, Hibbert feasts on Miami as the past two playoff series indicates as such; the Heat haven't had anyone that could cover him as they're all undersized compared to Hibbert.

But when Hibbert is actually guarded by an actual center, he doesn't do shit. Hence, why Cowherd (as much as I dislike him) came up with the comment that he did today. He's just great against Miami's interior D, and that's it.