• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys workouts today include Safety Michael Huff

Cej757

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Huff has to be better than Jeff Heath right now.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another dang bandaid.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another dang bandaid.

No shit. It's mid season, can't trade, can't really look for a future starter with the options available via FA at this time. Plus I think they like Wilcox.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope so.....I think I coulda played better than #38

I was a little shocked at Heath. He seemingly is a better tackler than that. Has to be right?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilcox is more of a strong than a free. I'm not sure if they keep Church

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilcox is more of a strong than a free. I'm not sure if they keep Church

wow.....other than the shock value posters....I think you and I disagree about as much as two people could. Wilcox is pure free safety. Church remains two good plays followed by one bad play

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope so.....I think I coulda played better than #38

Totally agree. I mentioned it in one thread, but don't know which one. He was so amazingly bad Sunday night. I don't know if he did anything right. If anyone rewatches that game (don't know why anyone would), watch him on every play you can. He seemed to play a role in most of the big plays agaisnt us. I know this is saying a lot, but I'm not sure a DB has ever played worse. He just couldn't do anything.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow.....other than the shock value posters....I think you and I disagree about as much as two people could. Wilcox is pure free safety. Church remains two good plays followed by one bad play

LOL I know you and I have respectfully disagreed often, but you make it sound like we disagree on every issue. I don't think its that much...is it? LOL I like Wilcox skill set He just seems to me more like a strong, not saying he can't be successful at the free. I am saying in todays league with the rules and all Church is going to have time sticking around I think.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay we may disagree, but at least you still find my post readable and don't think i'm one of these shock posters. I'll take that. My LongHorns are looking good so are my Rockets. If somehow these Cowboys can win this division and win just 1 play off game I would be happy. I'm a little frustrated with Romo and all the times Iv'e argued for him I'm starting to believe I may have been wrong. I wan't the Old Gun Slinger Back....You know the guy who made P.Crayton or L. Robinson actually look like viable NFL wr's. Excuse me just had an A.D.D. Episode.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I know you and I have respectfully disagreed often, but you make it sound like we disagree on every issue. I don't think its that much...is it? LOL I like Wilcox skill set He just seems to me more like a strong, not saying he can't be successful at the free. I am saying in todays league with the rules and all Church is going to have time sticking around I think.

not that much...but often. I think we just view this team differently at times.
Wilcox seems much more centerfielder to the ball type, but there isn't much of a sample size. Not a huge Church fan because he's two good, one bad play but we can live with that for the short term.

My expectations must be low, but I think this team can still have a successful season. I don't see how 4 loses by a total of 14 points followed by a blow out to a very good Saints team screams blow up the team.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that much...but often. I think we just view this team differently at times.
Wilcox seems much more centerfielder to the ball type, but there isn't much of a sample size. Not a huge Church fan because he's two good, one bad play but we can live with that for the short term.

My expectations must be low, but I think this team can still have a successful season. I don't see how 4 loses by a total of 14 points followed by a blow out to a very good Saints team screams blow up the team.
I think this is spot on.

It was hard for me to figure out Church. I would see him do some good things just in time to shake my head at him. The 2 good & one bad thing is a perfect way to explain him. We definitely could improve his position, but we need to improve other spots way before him. So we are probably gonna see more of him next year too. & your right. it could be worse.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they frequent injuries have clouded my perception of this team I have a glass is half empty outlook now. Thank you fellas for keeping me honest and reeling me back in. I'm all in again lets go:yahoo:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I mentioned it in one thread, but don't know which one. He was so amazingly bad Sunday night. I don't know if he did anything right. If anyone rewatches that game (don't know why anyone would), watch him on every play you can. He seemed to play a role in most of the big plays agaisnt us. I know this is saying a lot, but I'm not sure a DB has ever played worse. He just couldn't do anything.

Sorry Jar that coveted award goes to Goodrich and Lattimore from way back

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Corey Irvin and cut Rayford.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this, or someone else - anyone else, works out because Heath is pretty bad at his trade. Can't cover, can't tackle. I'd be willing to throw anyone else in there at this point. Huff used to be decent - I think with Oakland? I haven't heard anything recently though..

Worth a shot.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to to find a new corner and safety in the next draft.. claiborne and safeties not named wilcox need to be jettisoned

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to to find a new corner and safety in the next draft.. claiborne and safeties not named wilcox need to be jettisoned

Claiborne may not live up to his draft status, but he certainly has a place on the team for now. Im not saying we are in a close game against NO if he was there, but I do think the difference between him and the guys behind him showed up while he was out that game.

I have my hopes up for Wilcox too, but he has shown as many holes in his short time playing as the rest of them thus far. Philly game was pretty darn good for him though. Too bad he got hurt. We were right at that point were we hopefully were going to see week to week improvement from him. Now we need to give him a couple of games just to get back to where he was. I am looking forward to seeing him this week if he's back.

Yes to drafting a safety and maybe a corner too next year. Needed a safety for so long I can't remember. We need OL and maybe DL help too. Only so many positions we can take, but boy even a backup safety would be nice to have. Not sure I ever want to see Heath or McCray playing with the defense again.