• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboy fans roll call

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody please welcome me as the newest and biggest fan of the Dallas Cowboys simply put Americas Team. Look forward to seeing some old faces and meeting many new faces here on Sports SportsHoopla - Cowboys.

glad to see you made it over TRS!!!

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bienvenido maligayang pagdating chao mung lol welcome also to you FWD

and welcome all the new espn guys!

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandparent made me a red sox fan when I was a kid. The Yaukey's and the Red sox then made me a Cardinal fan with all their choking and lousy approach to the game of baseball.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandparent made me a red sox fan when I was a kid. The Yaukey's and the Red sox then made me a Cardinal fan with all their choking and lousy approach to the game of baseball.

So when a team didn't win for you, you turned your back on them?

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when a team didn't win for you, you turned your back on them?
Not exactly. I grew up as a very small kid being a Red Sox fan because of my grandparents. When I became old enough to understand the game I began to search for a team that fit my total approach to the game. Don't worry, I still hate the Yankee's.:suds:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly. I grew up as a very small kid being a Red Sox fan because of my grandparents. When I became old enough to understand the game I began to search for a team that fit my total approach to the game. Don't worry, I still hate the Yankee's.:suds:
but they have to be successful?
so it is safe to say you were never gonna be a mariners fan?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the case master I would have left being a Celtic fan after the Bird era.

Maybe you came back in 2008. I don't know, what I do know is I have rooted for the same team in each sport from the beginning, never switching, and no 2nd favorites.

I have restrained from bring confrontational with you because you do know your Cowboys history, but I see you as the Bizarro to StarOne. He is anti anything from Pre-90's and you are Anti anything today. Reading you two in one thread can give someone whiplash.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you came back in 2008. I don't know, what I do know is I have rooted for the same team in each sport from the beginning, never switching, and no 2nd favorites.

I have restrained from bring confrontational with you because you do know your Cowboys history, but I see you as the Bizarro to StarOne. He is anti anything from Pre-90's and you are Anti anything today. Reading you two in one thread can give someone whiplash.
Outside of the Red Sox I'm the same way. Never changed or have a second favorite team. But have a nice day anyway.

maverick361tx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being from Texas, I grew up cheering for the Texas teams. But still do not like the Texans. The Oilers, well that is totally different. The Cowboys though, my all time favorite team. Sorry for hijacking the convo Manster. But sure glad to see ya here. I was a long time lurker on the disney board. But on a different note, training camp is here. Two weeks away from hall of fame game. Can not wait. Let's go 'Boys 2013

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being from Texas, I grew up cheering for the Texas teams. But still do not like the Texans. The Oilers, well that is totally different. The Cowboys though, my all time favorite team. Sorry for hijacking the convo Manster. But sure glad to see ya here. I was a long time lurker on the disney board. But on a different note, training camp is here. Two weeks away from hall of fame game. Can not wait. Let's go 'Boys 2013

Welcome Maverick, It's not my thread therefore you hijacked nothing from me. Anyway I have no problems ith a person liking a 2nd or 3rd team hoping they do well, especially teams from their same state, but I always wonder about a person with favorite teams in the four major sports from four different regions. I understand people questioning why I have the Cowboy's and then three teams form NE as my favs. My story has been told plenty of times before, I grew up in S. Calif, pops was a fan of the R.Sox, Celts, and B's. He liked the Pats but the passion wasn't there for them. On the flip side he hated the Rams, and on one faithful day Dallas was Playing the Rams, My oldman was bitching up a storm about the Rams so I figured he must like the Cowboy's. I hitched my wagon there and never wavered. Later on as I found pops did in fact like the Pats I began to hope they played well but the never became my 2nd favorite team. I do hope a few other teams are good each year, mainly the Texas teams minus the Texans and Astros. If I could have chosen whre to be born it would have been Texas.

maverick361tx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here brother, my dad brought me up to be a cowboys fan. And like you I never stopped. I was disappointed when the Oilers left cause they were my second best team. I just couldn't find myself to support them after they left for Tennessee though with stupid Bud Adams. That is why I can not root for the Texans as much. But they do have an awesome receiver that is a beast. Hoping our beast of a receiver (Bryant) can pick up where he left off last year.

jaz4u11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here!! No more ESPN Board!

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the Red Sox I'm the same way. Never changed or have a second favorite team. But have a nice day anyway.
Unlike many of you. we have no sports teams here in Maine. My sports idols growing up were Staubach, Havlicek and Bobby Orr. Frankly, I've always found Patriot and Red Sox fans pathetic and annoying. The reason why there are so many Cowboy and Giant fans here in Maine has a lot to do with television before cable. Before we had cable, CBS was the only affiliate which carried the NFC at the time. The Giants were always the local game and because of ratings through the roof and their success, the Cowboys were always the double header game all but maybe 2 weeks a year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/Definitely ready. Where is laz logoan? He usually has play by play from training camp ha

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well im here but the board is kinda Slow good to see some names I recognize
Oh and just why the heck cant I start a new thread ?

Was wanting to see who was going to over see the pigskin pickem league somewhere